16th August 2018, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a Lecturer through UGC-NET being a 41 years old High School Teacher?

Dear friends, I am 41 years of age and done BEd. I am teaching in a High School from last 6 years. I want to appear in UGC-NET and want to become a Lecturer. Please let me know that how can I do that?

17th August 2018, 04:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Lecturer through UGC-NET being a 41 years old High School Teacher?

If you are interested to become a Lecturer then it is compulsory to have a degree of Post-Graduation.
Then only you will be eligible to apply for UGC NET entrance test. B.Ed degree is not sufficient to apply for UGC NET entrance test.
You have to complete PG. Maximum age limit should be 45 years.
18th August 2018, 12:40 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Lecturer through UGC-NET being a 41 years old High School Teacher?

As there is no age bar to become a lecturer, hence being a 41 year old you are eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.
UGC NET exam held twice a year and after clearing UGC NET exam you will be eligible for applying as a lecturer in any college affiliated with any of the university recognised by UGC in India.
Clearing of UGC NET doesn't give guarantee of any job. One has to individually apply against the post advertise by various colleges from time to time in the media. College authority's can appoint in lecturer by their own means.
18th August 2018, 12:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become lecturer in government college you have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

The examination is conducted by UGC. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%. There is no age limit to appear in examination for recruitment as lecturer.

So, you have to appear and qualify in examination for selection. B.Ed is not required qualification for appearing in examination.
18th August 2018, 11:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For selection as lecturer candidates have to appear and qualify in National Eligibility Test ( NET ).

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination at the age of 41 years as there is no age limit to appear in examination.

The minimum required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

To get more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?