31st December 2012, 01:45 AM
kalim sayyed

How can I get admission in MCA after B.Com in Mumbai University? I have passed 12th standard without Maths from commerce faculty

1) I have passed 12 standard without maths from commerce faculty. currently I'm appearing F.Y.B.Com. can I get admission in M.C.A after B.com in mumbai university?
2) is it require to pass B.C.A for taking M.C.A?

31st December 2012, 12:03 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get admission in MCA after B.Com in Mumbai University? I have passed 12th standard without Maths from commerce faculty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim sayyed View Post
1) I have passed 12 standard without maths from commerce faculty. currently I'm appearing F.Y.B.Com. can I get admission in M.C.A after B.com in mumbai university?
2) is it require to pass B.C.A for taking M.C.A?
No,you will not be Eligible to take Admission in MCA Course.As because in order to take Admission in this Course you will require the Following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification:-

>>You must be passed out in BCA/B.SC(IT)/any Degree course from Recognized university.

>>If you have completed your Graduation in any stream then you must have studied Mathematics/Statistics in Graduation.

>>Your Minimum marks in Graduation as well as in 10+2/Intermediate should be 60%.

NOTE:-If you have completed your degree from Distance mode then your degree should be approved from the DEC . You will have to submit Experience Certificate of Working.

>>Your age should not be above 21 years.

NOTE:-There should not be more then 2 years of Gap between 10+2 and Gradaution study Hour.As brecause it creates Difficulty during Placement Session in most of the Companies.

31st December 2012, 02:09 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in MCA after B.Com in Mumbai University? I have passed 12th standard without Maths from commerce faculty

Master of Computer Applications or the MCA is a course for candidate who want to make career as programmer in some IT company. For admission in MCA one important thing is Maths. Candidate should have Maths as a subject either in 12th or graduation. You don't need to have completed BCA to do MCA. You can pursue MCA with any graduation degree. But it is important that Maths should be one of the subjects in either 12th or graduation.

Those who did not had Maths subject in both 12th or graduation are for a tough time ahead. There are very few colleges in India who will accept such candidates. A lot of these colleges offer correspondence course.

For example IGNOU offer admission to MCA for candidates who did not had Maths in 12th standard. However such students will have to do CIC course along with the Master of Computer Applications.

Another example is Delhi University, it accepts BCA students without Maths. The JNU which is one of the most reputed universities in India do accept a candidate for MCA who did not had Maths as one of the subjects in 12th standard.

MCA Eligibility

1. Must have completed graduation from any recognized university.

2. At least 50-60 percent marks in graduation.

3. Maths should be one of the subjects in 12th or graduation.

MCA Entrance Exam

OJEE

WBJEE

GUJCET

MAH-CET

UPJEE

CGJEE

MPCET

Other Colleges that may accept include:

Global Institute of Management Technology (GIMT)

Maharaja Surajmal Institute (New Delhi)

Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology (New Delhi)

JSS Academy of Technical Education(Noida)

Guru Nanak Institute of Management(New Delhi)

21st January 2013, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Crieteria for MCA from mumbai university
1. go to the university site and check eligibility criteria first
2. first see if you want to take admission in mumbai university for mca the criteria is:
1. you should be a graduate from recognized university.
2. if you going to do an distance learning mca the percentage of last year should be 45% and must pass the cet of mumbai university held by them at june or july month.
3. if you gonna do it as regular from college you should have minimum 50% at last year of graduation. and should pass the cet of march-april held by mumbai university.
thats it!

23rd March 2013, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my graduation (b.com) in 2012 with 71.34%. i don't have maths in 12th however i have statistics subjects in my 3rd and 4th sem graduation. can i get admission in mca. and my 12th commerce percentage is 77%.
i listened that ......
>>If you have completed your Graduation in any stream then you must have studied Mathematics/Statistics in Graduation.

>>Your Minimum marks in Graduation as well as in 10 2/Intermediate should be 60%

23rd March 2013, 09:21 PM
ajay.majhi77

hello, my name is ajay i have completed my graduation b.com computer application in 2012 with 71.34%, within my graduation i learnt statistic 3rd and 4th sem. i listened that if you have maths or statistics within graduation you can get admission in mca.

I WANT ONLY ONE THING IS IT TRUE OR NOT ?

29th May 2013, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Want to know if IT subject is required in 11th n 12th commerce to pursue BCA n MCA course ahead??

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?