10th February 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Admission to MCA without studying Maths in 12th standard?

Can I get admission for MCA (Amrutha university) without studying maths in plustwo?

13th February 2011, 11:23 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Admission to MCA without studying Maths in 12th standard?

Hello,

Did you mean Amrita University? However as far as i know ,there is Amrita university having campuses at Amritapuri, Coimbatore, Kochi and Mysore.

The eligibility to study MCA course in this university, is that the candidate should have bachelor's degree in any discipline with 60% marks,with maths or statistics as one of the main subjects.

So, having maths in 10(+2) is not particularly specified here.

But if you had maths or statistics in your graduation course,then you can apply for MCA course in this university.

For more details you can visit:

http://engineering.amrita.edu/admissions/mca-admissions.php
9th March 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

can i go for mca at pondicherry university ....i dont have math in 12th...bt businss math
10th March 2011, 02:28 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I get admission for MCA (Amrutha university) without studying maths in plustwo?
A Bachelors Degree with minimum 60% marks, with Mathematics / Statistics / Business Mathematics as one of the subjects in any one semester or year, in addition to Maths at +2 level.

The above line is stated in its eligibility criteria .
So according to it you are not eligible to appear for MCA.

You can check it yourself at following website:-
http://olp.amrita.edu/pgAdmission/st...amsDetails.php
25th February 2012, 06:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You have not specified in which subject area you have done your graduation course. In order to apply for MCA, one needs to be a graduate. They should score 60% marks in the graduation level. Also they should have studied maths or statistics as an important subject at the12th class level. Admission to the MCA course is based on entrance examination and personal interview. As per the above mentioned information you are not eligible for the MCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?