5th September 2018, 01:01 AM
MIRZA MAZHAR ALI

How can I join BTech in IIT being a Diploma Engineering student?

Dear Sir, I am studying Diploma in Engineering course. After completing my Diploma, I want to secure admission in IIT for BTech course. So, is it possible for me to join IIT after completing my Diploma course?

6th September 2018, 11:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join BTech in IIT being a Diploma Engineering student?

Yes, candidates done diploma in Engineering are eligible to get admission in IIT in B.Tech course.

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology and you have to appear and qualify in two stages of examination for final selection.

JEE is Joint Entrance Examination it is conducted in two stages by NTA and IIT. For more information visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
7th September 2018, 12:20 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holder candidates cannot take admission in IITs directly.

To get admission into IITs, firstly candidate needs to complete 10+2 from PCM stream.

Then, qualify JEE Main Exam by getting marks more than cutoff required.

Then, candidate will have to qualify JEE Advanced exam after which student will get admission to IITs.

As you are Diploma holder candidate, so you cannot take directly admission to 2nd year of Bachelor course in IIT.
7th September 2018, 07:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates with diploma qualification are eligible to get admission in IIT. IIT is a premier institute of technical courses.

To get the admission you have to appear and qualify in JEE. It is conducted in two stages.

The application form for the examination is available now. Examination will be conducted in month of January.

For more information about the examination syllabus and procedure visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?