7th October 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

How to join IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma student?

Hi Sir,
I want to join IIT after completion of my Diploma in Automobile Engineering. Please help me and tell me how to join? Waiting for your response.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  2. Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for IIT JEE? Which are the courses offered?
  3. Which course is better other than B.Tech degree after completing diploma in automobile engineering?
  4. Is Automobile engineering after Diploma in Mechanical tough or easy?
  5. Difference between Automobile Engineering and Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope in both? Which diploma course should I join? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Procedure to apply for B.E. in IIT for Diploma in Automobile Engineering student?
  7. Where should I join to do Automobile Designing course being an Automobile Diploma Engineer?
  8. Possibility of doing diploma in Automobile in order to do Automobile engineering later?
  9. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
  12. Join Aeronautical Engineering after passing diploma in Automobile Engineering with distinction?
  13. Which is best IIT to join Automobile Engineering?
  14. How to join in any automobile core company while n final year Automobile engineering?
  15. How to join engineering(Mechanical) and degree(Commerce) after completing diploma in Automobile Engineering
  16. List of universities which offer B.E.(Automobile Engineering) in Abroad to a Diploma student?
  17. How to join Automobile Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  18. Am I eligible to become a RTO after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
10th October 2015, 12:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma student?

No, it is not possible to join IIT after completion of your Automobile Engineering Diploma course. To be eligible to join IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main and Advanced examinations. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examinations, so, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma student.
10th October 2015, 05:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma student?

You can't join IIT for B.Tech course because there is no lateral entry procedure. The only way possible for you is through GATE which is only possible after completion of B.Tech which you have to complete from a recognized college.

You can apply for lateral entry exams like LEET, DET, JELET, UPSEE etc if you want admission in B.Tech course. There are colleges in India other than IITs which offer 2nd year lateral admission in B.Tech for diploma students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?