2nd November 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

How to join IIT being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Hello Sir,
I want to join in IIT after completion of my Diploma course which I am doing in Mechanical Engineering. Please tell me how to join as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. How to join IIT being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student? -- [New]
  3. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  5. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  6. Admission procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  7. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for B.E. programme in IIT being a diploma Mechanical Engineer? Top B.E. colleges for diploma holder?
  9. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  11. How to join as lateral in IIT after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force?
  13. What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma student?
  15. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  16. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  17. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  18. How to join IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma student?
7th November 2015, 05:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IIT being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

No, it is not possible to join in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering because, IIT's does not offers Lateral Entry admissions to Bachelor's degree courses. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
8th November 2015, 11:58 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join IIT being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

For B.Tech from IIT only 12th pass students are eligible because there is no lateral entry procedure for diploma engineering holders. Diploma holders have to appear for lateral entry exams and admission will be only in those colleges which offer 2nd year admission.

IITs don't offer lateral entry admission. Therefore, you can join IIT for your B.Tech course. Your only chance will be after completion of B.Tech through GATE for M.Tech admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?