28th July 2015, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force after studying in 5th semester electrical engineering

I am studied in 5th sem electrical engineering. How to join Indian air force as pilot?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  2. How can I join Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Sc 3rd semester being a 18 years old female candidate?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 9th
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after passing 9th standard
  6. Does TCS offer Internship to B.E.(Electrical Engineering) 5th semester student?
  7. How to join Air force after passing electrical engineering?
  8. Can I continue my B.Tech education if I join Indian Navy in 5th Semester of my B.Tech?
  9. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  10. How to join Indian Air Force? I am pursuing final year engineering in electrical and electronics stream
  11. How can I join Air Force while studying engineering final year
  12. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  13. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCB?
  14. How to join Indian Air Force after studying in B.Com 2nd year
  15. Should I join any coaching to crack PSU entrance exam? I am in 5th semester electrical and electronics engineering
  16. How can I join Indian Air Force? I am studying civil engineering
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  18. Can I join B.E in electrical engineering for Indian Air Force or merchant navy after diploma in mechanical engineering
29th July 2015, 10:26 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after studying in 5th semester electrical engineering

No, being a fifth semester candidate of engineering, you are not eligible to join Indian Airforce as a pilot.

Indian Airforce conducts Airforce Common Admission test called AFCAT twice every year for selection of candidates into different branches like:

>>Flying Branch.

>>Technical Branch.

>>Ground Duty Branch.

The eligibility criteria for flying branch is that you must have done bachelor's degree in science, technology or engineering with at least 60% marks in it from a recognized board. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. The age limit is 19-24 years for flying branch.

So, when you will be in seventh semester of electrical engineering, you will be to apply for the AFCAT exam.

AFCAT exam pattern:

It consists of two papers. First paper is of General ability test which contains questions from English, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and current affairs and reasoning.

Second paper is of Engineering Knowledge test of 45 minutes in which there will be questions from your core subjects of electrical engineering.

So, you can start your preparation from now in following subjects mentioned above to clear the written test. After that there will be Service Selection Board and for flying branch there will be one additional test called Pilot Aptitude Battery Test.

For any more details, visit www.careerairforce.nic.in.
29th July 2015, 12:03 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force after studying in 5th semester electrical engineering

Indian Airforce conducts Airforce Common Admission test which is the most suitable exams for engineers to join Airforce. This exam is held twice every year.

You must have done bachelor's degree in technology or science from a recognized university to apply for the exam. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. So, you are not eligible to join IAF as pilot being 5th semester candidate of engineering. You can apply for the exam in final year of engineering.

AFCAT consists of:

1. Written test: General ability test and Engineering knowledge test.

2. Service Selection board.

Official website: www.careerairforce.nic.in.
29th July 2015, 06:02 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

The exam you need to target is the Air force Common Admission Test.

Let us give you the complete details for the exam. Starting with the eligibility-
> Ground Branch : The candidate have the P.G or Bachelor's degree in any subject with at least 60% and The Age should between 20 -27 yrs.

> Flying Branch : The candidate should have a minimum 19 - 23 yrs.The candidate must have the B.E/B.Tech Degree or graduate in any discipline with the minimum 60%.

> Technical Branch : The candidate should between have 18 - 28 yrs of age and should done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

The exam is held two times in the year.
One in or around February and the other in or around the October.
After the exam, you will be called for the SSB interview. SO, if you are thinking of the AFCAT exam, then you should aim at both the knowledge and physical strength.

As far as the syllabus is concerned, it includes-
- Reasoning
- Verbal ability
- General Awareness
- Numerical ability
- General Aptitude.

Now, one more thing that needs to be mentioned is that you can apply for the the above exam when you are in your final year. But since you are still in your 3rd year, so you cannot apply for the exam.
30th July 2015, 12:46 AM
rrooxx

--->>You can join Indian AIRFORCE after B.Tech Electrical engineering through
CDS and UES..

:::::CDS stands for Combined Defense Services... And

:::::UES stands for university entry scheme..
CDS is held twice in a year...

->Age limits for this examination::::::
1->Military Academy:::::
Candidate should have a minimum 19 years and 24 years.

2->Naval Academy::::
Candidate should have a minimum 19 years and 22 years.

3->Air force Academy::::
Candidate should have a minimum 19 years and 23 years.

4->Officer Training Academic:::
Candidate should have a minimum 19 years and 25 years.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?