27th May 2015, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?

Sir,
I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering. I want to join in Indian Air Force as a pilot. Am I suitable in Indian Air Force according to my study that I mean am I suitable from B.Tech? Is any percentage required? If yes how much is required? From starting what are different steps to join in Indian Air Force? What are the exams I have to write and when are they held?So, please help and guide me to know about the process.

30th May 2015, 03:09 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?

Yes for sure we are here to give you the detailed information about the Pilot jobs under Indian Air Force with B.Tech as qualification.

Ways to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force under Flying branch :

<> NDA ( 12th candidates) --- National Defense Academy

<> CDS -- Combined Defense Services Examination

<> National Cadet Corps Special Entry

<> Flying Pilot Short Service Commission

And Last three are for graduated students and here I am giving you the detailed information about each one of these.

1.CDS :

* You should have complete B.tech from the recognized University.

* Only Unmarried men are eligible to apply for Flying branch

* Age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

2.National Cadet Corps Special Entry :

* Only the candidates having the " C " certificate from NCC are eligible.

* B.Tech with 60% of marks.

* Unmarried Male Candidates.

* Age should be between 19 to 23 years.

3.Short Service Commission :

* Both Male and Female unmarrieds are eligible.

* B.tech with 60% of marks

* Age should be below 25 years.

* Have to give " AFCAT Examination " .
30th May 2015, 12:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?

No percentage criteria in Graduation is required to join in Indian Air Force. To join in Indian Air Force after completion of your B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized University.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Medical Test
3. Personal Interview
30th May 2015, 02:50 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force as Pilot after B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), you can apply for following entries :

Combined Defence Services Examination ( CDSE ) :
  • This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year.
  • Only unmarried men can apply for this exam.
  • After passing written exam candidate have pass through psychological tests, group tests and personal interview.
  • Age limit : 19 to 23 years.
  • Candidates can apply in the month of April and September.
  • There is no percentage criteria in CDSE.

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission :
  • Both unmarried men and women can apply for this entry.
  • Candidate must have to secure atleast 6% marks in their B.Tech course.
  • Age Limit : 19 to 23 years.
  • Candidate can apply in the months of December and June. Candidate have to qualify in AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ).
30th May 2015, 06:22 PM
Ashwakh

While you are in Final year of B.tech , you are eligible to apply for the CDS exam to join in Airforce as a Pilot.
For the CDS exam , there is no Percentage criteria. Generally , to apply for the cds exam the candidates shouldhave completed Graduation from a recognised university . So , even pass percentage in B.tech also eligible to apply for the cds exam .

CDS stands for Combined defence service
The exam will conduct by UPSC of India.

To join in Airforce as a pilot through CDS exam , age shouldbe in between 19-23 years only.
You shouldbe a citizen of India
You shouldbe an unmarried candidate

Selection process is ,

1. written exam
2. ssb interview
3. medical test
4th March 2016, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

My percent in 12 is 67% in science stream what I join the Indian airforce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?