19th August 2020, 05:24 PM
Virender Singh Pathania

How can I join Post Office and at which post after retiring from Army?

I will be retiring from Army in January, 2022 as Clerk Trade and my rank is Subedar. I want job Post Office after my retirement. Am I eligible? At which post can I join Post Office? And, how can I apply? What would be my pay scale?

20th June 2023, 08:25 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Post Office and at which post after retiring from Army?

Those who have completed class 10th and 12th or even graduation, postgraduation or even diploma are eligible for different posts in a post office.
Those who are engineering graduates , MBA , MCA or even law graduates are also eligible to apply.
Indian citizens who have any of the above qualification are eligible.
Every year , state wise Post Office circles offering various level of Post office jobs .www.IndGovtjobs.in lists various latest jobs notification on this page.
Some of the jobs available are
Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant
Stenographer
Grade D Stenographer
Junior Hindi translator
Senior Hindi Translator
Hindi typist
Multitasking staff etc
According to ones qualification , a candidate can apply for the post.
30th June 2023, 09:41 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: How can I join Post Office and at which post after retiring from Army?

After retiring from the army, you can explore opportunities to join the Post Office in various positions. The Indian Postal Department offers job opportunities in different categories, and your eligibility and the specific post you can apply for will depend on your qualifications, skills, and experience. Here are some general steps to consider:

1. Research Post Office Job Opportunities: Visit the official website of the Indian Postal Department (https://www.indiapost.gov.in) or the Ministry of Communications (https://www.dot.gov.in) to gather information about the latest job openings, eligibility criteria, and application process. Additionally, stay updated with employment news, official notifications, and job portals for any relevant vacancies.

2. Understand Eligibility Criteria: Carefully review the eligibility criteria mentioned in the job advertisement or notification. It may include factors such as age limit, educational qualifications, experience, and specific requirements for retired army personnel.

3. Prepare Required Documents: Gather and prepare the necessary documents such as educational certificates, identification proof, address proof, experience certificates, and any other supporting documents mentioned in the job advertisement.

4. Apply Online or Offline: Depending on the mode specified in the job advertisement, submit your application either through the online application portal or by filling out the physical application form and submitting it along with the required documents.

5. Prepare for Selection Process: Be prepared for the selection process, which may include written exams, interviews, skill tests, or physical tests, depending on the post and the specific requirements. Familiarize yourself with the syllabus, exam pattern, and study materials, if applicable.

6. Stay Updated and Follow up: Keep track of the application process and stay updated with any communication from the Indian Postal Department. Maintain regular contact with the relevant authorities or designated contact person mentioned in the job advertisement.

7. Seek Assistance: If needed, reach out to the Indian Postal Department's helpline or contact their recruitment cell for any queries or clarifications related to the application process or eligibility requirements.

The specific posts available in the Post Office after retiring from the army may vary based on the vacancies and the department's requirements. Some possible positions to consider may include roles in postal operations, customer service, management, or administrative positions. However, it's important to check the official notifications and job advertisements for the specific posts available at the time of your application.

Remember to carefully review the eligibility criteria, follow the application guidelines, and showcase your relevant skills and experience when applying for a position in the Post Office after retiring from the army.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?