31st August 2015, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Is merchant navy job a private job or not? What is the retirement period?

Is the merchant navy job is a private Job? is it for a time bound job? what is the retirement period? Can you please give me the answer on this as soon as possible to me? Can I take this job or not? Awaiting for the answer!

31st August 2015, 11:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is merchant navy job a private job or not? What is the retirement period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is the merchant navy job is a private Job? is it for a time bound job? what is the retirement period? Can you please give me the answer on this as soon as possible to me? Can I take this job or not? Awaiting for the answer!
Merchant Navy belongs to both the Private as well as Government sector. Those candidates who interested in Government sector can choose SCI (shipping corporation India) and those candidates who are interested in Private sectors can select (ex: Anglo eastern , wallem etc) based on their interest.

Eligibility for Merchant Navy:

- The applicant must hold minimum of B.Sc. degree in mechanical or marine engineering.
- The applicant age should be not more than 20 years and Upper age relaxation will be given for 5 years for reserved category students.
- The applicant must unmarried male and female candidates.
1st September 2015, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is merchant navy job a private job or not? What is the retirement period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Merchant Navy is concerned with the Transportation of Passengers or cargo by sea. One can get a job in Merchant navy both in Government and the private sector. There are some special courses required to be studied for the job. The candidate fitness will also be considered for the merchant navy. Regarding the retirement age, it is like other field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?