8th November 2011, 07:16 AM
Unregistered

How can I pursue Biotechnology after completion of 10+2?

Iam a plus two student I WOULD LIKE TO STUDY biotechnology after my plus two how can I
study it and what are the qualification for it

18th November 2011, 04:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue Biotechnology after completion of 10+2?

There are many courses in biotechnology. You can do B.Tech or B.E in Biotechnology. For this you have clear the entrance test like AIEEE, IITJEE, State CET, etc. You can also do B.Sc in Biotechnology. The basic eligibility for any biotechnology course is to pass HSC in 10 + 2 pattern from any recognized University or Board.
22nd November 2011, 01:26 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

Biotechnology is the branch of engineering which deals with the technologies used in biological applications and uses. For example X-Ray machines, Ultra sound equipment's, ENT components etc.

Now for this stream of engineering, there is a specific eligibility criteria apart from the normal criteria's.

1. One has to be a 12th pass with a minimum 60% aggregate from a recognized board and school in order to pursue this course.

2. Since its related to biology, therefore apart from Physics and Chemistry, Biology is a compulsory subject one should have studied in 12th boards.

So first of all you check whether you satisfy the eligibility conditions.

Next, after you give your 12th boards, you have to sit for all the engineering entrance examinations some of them being IIT JEE, AIEEE, IP, SREEE, WB JEE, BITSAT, COMET- K, VITEEE, and many more...

So once you clear any one of the above mentioned entrances, you may select Biotechnology engineering as your stream and go ahead with it.

However, the marks which you score in your entrances and the AIR (All India Rank) that you would secure will matter a lot in deciding whether you can get that particular stream or not.

These are competitive exams, and so you have to prepare your best in them.

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
22nd November 2011, 09:06 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get admission in bio-technology course after 12th you have to appear in entrance exams like-

AIEEE
IIT-JEE
WB-JEE

You can apply for any of these exams.
After qualifying in any of these exam you can get a chance to take admission in BE/B.tech course in bio-technology stream..

So, go for those exams.

All the best..
23rd November 2011, 11:10 AM
mendu aparna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Iam a plus two student I WOULD LIKE TO STUDY biotechnology after my plus two how can I
study it and what are the qualification for it

The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing a Bachelor's Degree course in Biotechnology (B.Tech. or B.Sc.) is the successful completion of 10 + 2 in Science. Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree-in Biotechnology is the minimum eligibility criteria required to do a Master's Degree in Biotechnology.
26th November 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I pursue Biotechnology after completion of 10 2?

HI is there any chance that I can apply for the MSc biotechnology entrance after BSC nursing?(passed out in 2007)? IF not can I do BSc biotechnology as a distance learning course and then apply for MSc biotechnology Entrance? I am presently working abroad. Kindly advise.
18th December 2011, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

hi frndz
is there any chance for getting admission in biotechnology as after completing my 2 with bio, phy and chm....
Plz help me.... on [email protected]
26th March 2014, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GO TO ADMISSION IN BIOTECHNOLOGY BY APPEARING KERALA ENGINEERING/MEDICAL ENTRANCE
16th May 2014, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

How can i pursue Biotechnology after completion of 10 2 without any entrance exam
3rd March 2016, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

How I can do bio tec after 10th...
Which is subjects are required
Is there are any college that they will definitely give me jobs
18th December 2016, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way out like can I get admission in biotechnology branch without giving engineering entrance as I don't have mathematics subject instead have biology.
14th April 2017, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to become biomedical engg..or B.Tech in biotechnology. I m student of pcb group can i get admission in this course? Say yes or no please ......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?