21st August 2014, 10:52 PM

How can I take admission in Ph.D in Aligarh University after finishing M.A English in Mysore University?

this is tayebe from IRAN i finished MA English in Mysore university . i,m going to continue my education in Aligarh university plz inform me how can i do it .

21st September 2017, 06:57 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I take admission in Ph.D in Aligarh University after finishing M.A English in Mysore University?

You can apply for Ph.D (English) admission to AMU after completion of M.A.(English) from Mysore University. For admission to AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) for Ph.D course, You are required to apply and appear entrance exam for the admission to Ph.D course. Final admission will be based on merit list which is prepared on the basis of performance of candidates in Written Test and Interview.

Eligibility
- You must have hold master's degree in concerned field with at least 55% marks in aggregate and had also done bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- You are required to appear and qualify the entrance exam for admission to Ph.D course. Candidates who have qualified JRF/NET/GATE will be excused from entrance exam.

Application Procedure
- Visit the website : www.amucontrollerexams.com
- Fill the application form correctly.
- Print the application.
- Submit the application fee through DD in favour of "Finance Officer, AMU Aligarh" payable at Aligarh.
- Send application along with DD & other required documents to "Office of the Chairman of Concerned Department".

Selection
- Written Test
- Interview

Candidates shall be required to appear Paper I at faculty level and Paper II at department where he/she is eligible and wishes to enroll in Ph.D course

Paper I (100 Marks)
- Reasoning : 40%
- General Awareness : 40%
- English Language : 20%

Paper II (100 Marks)

Important Dates
- Online Application Available : May, 2018
- Last Date of Application : June, 2018
- Ph.D Admission Test : August, 2018
- Result Declaration & Interview : September, 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?