11th December 2011, 08:13 PM
Pratiksinha1

How to crack the IIT-JEE examination?

how to crack IIT-JEE exams and how to study and which books I should consult and what type or pattern of question is coming in IIT-JEE exams...

12th December 2011, 06:02 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack the IIT-JEE examination?

IITJEE exams are highly competitive. You should have a proper study plan for preparation. You should try to cover the objective type questions along with the topic covered in 11th and 12th. You should keep a note of difficult points to use it as a reference. You can find many books available in the market for preparation. The IITJEE consists of questions from Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics.
12th December 2011, 06:48 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
IIT conducts joint entrance exam for admitting the aspirants to the engineering course. The syllabus for the exam is to some extent based on the central board of secondary education. So studying the cbse board will have an advantage.
Few tips to get good marks in the exam.
1. As the exam includes questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics you need to find out in which subject you are week so that you can spend more time in it for the preparation.
2. As most of the syllabus is thought in the school you need to understand the concept and should not memorize the concept.
3. Practice the mathematical problems many times so that you are familiar with it
4. Refer previous year question papers and practice them
5. If you need you can also go for a coaching centres. But going to coaching centre can never grant you to crack the exam.
6. Avoid studying late night instead of that study in the early morning.
7. Do not study listening to the music or watching tv.
8. Do not get tensed in the exam hall. Write the answers which you. Do not try to copy answers from others.
12th December 2011, 09:05 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

1.Goal Setting And A Plan::Every day set your goal and make a plan to achieve a goal .Learn about the exam you are taking and set a target for yourself .

2.Give a little bit time to every subject per day.Its good technique to study .

3.Plan your revision schedule as early as possible and follow the same honestly and keep reviewing it and make necessary changes as and when necessary.

4.Closely Track Your Performance.You can do it by taking the Practice Tests every week and access your performance .Try to figure out what mistakes you commuted.

5.Complete scan and analyze the questions you could not attempt and compare your solutions with best solutions.

6.If you have a doubt ask! Never leave a doubt unresolved. Use Internet intelligently to provide vast knowledge of the exam you are taking,

7.Find out Which topics are your weak areas

8.When exams are approaching, do not add any new topic in your schedule. Just focus on revision-revision and revision.
13th December 2011, 10:10 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to crack the IIT-JEE examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksinha1 View Post
how to crack IIT-JEE exams and how to study and which books I should consult and what type or pattern of question is coming in IIT-JEE exams...
How to crack the IIT-JEE examination?

IIT-JEE is among the best engineering entrance exams in india and is really considered difficult to crack . There is no any shortcut of getting success but i can suggest you some ways which can really help you so check these :
  • First of all complete your NCERT books of class 11th and 12th as these books are considered best for cracking this exam as suggested by some major experts.
  • Don't try to memorize the solutions but try to understand the full concept behind that .
  • Questions are asked from basic concepts so you must have good understanding of basic concepts.
  • For better preparation in physics , read the books of HC Verma ,ERODOV .
  • For maths read Books by Pradeep ,RS AGRRAWAL ,ML KHANNA, KC Sinha
  • For chemistry read ORGANIG CHEMISTRY: MORRISON AND BOYD , NCERT ,Pradeep.
  • Last but not the least , Practice makes a person perfect so practice as much as you can.
  • If you are insecure then i will suggest you to join any good coaching classes like -FIIT-JEE ,Bansal Classes , Resonace classes,Career Point ,AAKASH Institute e.t.c .
  • In coaching you will face competitive environment which will help you a lot in the real exam.
  • Time management is also an important factor and is the cause for most of the talented students so give proper focus on time management .
  • Read strictly according to the syllabus of IIT-JEE

With Regards
ravik1214
13th December 2011, 10:50 AM
mayankkaushik02

You need to join any institute for preparation of IIT as the paper is so difficult that only NCERT books are not sufficient But you need to finish them them also espically Physics books.

basically you need to clear in all aspects as in exam they give questions with mix concept in physics and in Maths part.

When I give IIT exam, I found no chance to make hit and trial method which some time works in AIEEE or other exam , its pattern is very hard.

Work very hard for that and Best of luck!
13th December 2011, 12:03 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
dear friend,

At first I want to tell you that please maintain the following guidelines provided here . These are given below :

1. Maintain a time table
2. Work hard
3. Don't leave any chapter
4. Study all these chapter very well
5. Take a valuable guideline from books and as well as coaching centers
6. Practice carefully
7. Attend test series of multiple type question.
8. Don't try to mug up all the question answers, try to understand the
question and then solve it otherwise you can not give your best in the
examination.

If you do all the above things very well then I am sure you will be succeed.

good luck.
13th December 2011, 12:12 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: How to crack the IIT-JEE examination?

1.Goal Setting And A Plan::Every day set your goal and make a plan to achieve a goal .Learn about the exam you are taking and set a target for yourself .

2.Give a little bit time to every subject per day.Its good technique to study .

3.Plan your revision schedule as early as possible and follow the same honestly and keep reviewing it and make necessary changes as and when necessary.

4.Closely Track Your Performance.You can do it by taking the Practice Tests every week and access your performance .Try to figure out what mistakes you commuted.

5.Complete scan and analyze the questions you could not attempt and compare your solutions with best solutions.

6.If you have a doubt ask! Never leave a doubt unresolved. Use Internet intelligently to provide vast knowledge of the exam you are taking,

7.Find out Which topics are your weak areas

8.When exams are approaching, do not add any new topic in your schedule. Just focus on revision-revision and revision.
29th December 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best books for IIT, in all the subjects, ie., chem., phy., and maths?
29th December 2011, 10:19 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT JEE :

dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE
Please go through these details :

1.Academic criteria :
The candidate must complete 12th standard with PCM
And should carry minimum 60% marks.

2.Age criteria :
The age of the candidate must be within 18 to 23 years.

3.No of attempts :
The candidate will get only 3 attempts

You can go through these books :

If you want,Then please see the attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 138 views)
13th March 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

can we get into nit through iit rank
7th April 2012, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

should i prepare iit with class 12th or after it?
29th June 2012, 01:27 PM
tanveersandhu

Well dear friend firstly i want to tell you that cracking the IIT-JEE requires a lot of hard work. I hope you will be able to do that. You can appear in the examination twice. You need to follow a particular schedule. Your basics should be clear and sound. You should do a lot of practice. You can follow books for the preparation of IIT-JEE and you can join good coaching centres also for proper guidance. Thank You and Best of Luck.
1st July 2012, 12:50 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is the best books for IIT, in all the subjects, ie., chem., phy., and maths?

HELLO

1st July 2012, 02:04 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Here i am mentioning the list of some books you can use to crack IIT JEE. Please go through them.

Chemistry:-

Physical Chemistry:-

Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons)

Physical Chemistry by O.P.Tandon

NCERT Chemistry Class XI and XII

Organic Chemistry:-

Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis

Concept of Organic Chemistry by M.S.Chauhan

Inorganic Chemistry:-

Inorganic Chemistry by Arihant Prakashan

Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D.Lee

Physics Books:-

Concepts of Physica Vol I and II by H.C.Verma

A collection of questions and Problems in Physics by L.A.Sena

Mathematics Books :-

Maths XI & XII by R.D.Sharma

A problem book in mathematical Analysis by G.N.Berman
20th February 2013, 11:54 PM
nsrss007

ow To Crack IIT-JEE and AIEEE

I would suggest you to at least buy the study material of a good coaching institute like Brilliant Tutorials

They provide with the precise syllabus that you need to prepare and all the topics with minute details with solved and unsolved questions in it..

There are other books which you can refer to in order to prepare for IIT and AIEEE like :-

NCERT Books for 11th and 12th
M.L.Khanna for Maths
Concepts of Physics
P.Bahadur for Physical Chemistry
O.P.Tandon for Organic Chemistry
Past Papers of IIT-JEE and AIEEE

I would strongly recommend you to at least join an all India test series of any good coaching institute..

this well let you know about your position and the scope of improvement you still have..in one sense it would be an estimate of your all india rank which you can get..

For both the exams..you need to very strong determination and hard work..only then you'll be able to secure a place in a good institution for yourself..

all the best..
21st February 2013, 06:02 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
iit jee is a very difficult exam and requires a lot of hardwork and study to crack the exam. for cracking the exam, you must study atleast 10 to 12 hours per day.
the pattern of question changes every year.
there will be multiple choice questions having four options out of which one or more options will be right. sometimes there is a little theory given on which 3 to 4 questions are based.
there is also a type of question in which you have to give the answer in the form of a number from 0 to 9 only.

the best books to study for the exam are
physics:- hc verma, arihant, dc pandey
chemistry:- arihant
maths:- tata mcgraw hills
these are very good books and are also a little bit difficult too. try to study from these books and you will surely get good result.
good luck
2nd June 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Is it so that we require merit for giving iit exams?
12th July 2013, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

which books should i prefer to crack iit jee and aieee and seee?plz tell me a common solution to this.and i want to study from 11 only and i m in 11th. and plz tell me how do i study for it?
30th January 2014, 01:48 PM
sonudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need to join inteliclass.com for preparation of IIT JEE exam
11th June 2014, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

should i start preparing for iit after my 12th boards or i have to prepare for iit along my boards????????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?