5th December 2010, 03:35 PM
prateek4194

How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

hello all my friends. Anyone who have cracked iit jee plz tell me the valuable points to crack IIT.i have few time only 2 months for iit jee. so plz give me suggestion . i know thre are many iit teachers and students , i am requesting all of them plz help me what should i do at this stage of iitjee preparation.
regards prateek

8th December 2010, 12:29 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek4194 View Post
hello all my friends. Anyone who have cracked iit jee plz tell me the valuable points to crack IIT.i have few time only 2 months for iit jee. so plz give me suggestion . i know thre are many iit teachers and students , i am requesting all of them plz help me what should i do at this stage of iitjee preparation.
regards prateek
Dear Friend
If you know something about IIT-JEE then you must be knowing that in the entire history of JEE, experienced people only say a particular point important, no one makes a guess.
I can't tell you that if the 2 month is sufficient or if it is impossible, because I don't know your current status.
If you have prepared well for 12th board and your concepts are clear in each subject then the time is enough.
But if you have just remembered things and your basics are not very clear then you are not gonna make it happen.
IIT-JEE doesn't require you to study 4 months or 1 year or two year.
It requires only basic knowledge and command on its application.
Under the guidance of a good faculty you can perhaps make it happen in 2-4 months but that is also not guaranteed.

Don't take my point negatively. Those are truth and for your belief i am telling you that I am the kind of answerer, you requested here.

All I want to say is that, you just prepare yourself and don't think that if somebody tells you that a particular point is important and you will do it in the exam. Suppose mechanics is very important; a man who has studied mechanics entire year can't be sure to solve all questions from the topic correctly.

If you are a a fresher this year you can try next year.
There is no life-death question in IITs.
If you score AIR 1500 or less in AIEEE you will get IIIT Hyderabad where Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Direct-I, Intel, Microsoft etc all major companies come.
So, do your work according to time and never panic for result.

Thank You
8th December 2010, 12:34 AM
Biome

Dear Friend,

As you know IIT-JEE is toughest exam of engineering.
First i have to suggest you if your fundamental and basic concept are clear so its not tough task but you have to give maximum time of the day for study.second thing is that first you see last year question papers IIT-JEE and judge yourself,after that you decide because two months is not sufficient for good rank but nothing is impossible.
Hard work will always gives result.
For preparing of JEE concepts and basic fundamental are so much important.
There are so many books but without basics all are waste.

Best of luck.
14th December 2010, 04:33 PM
SonalSinghal

Quote:
regards prateek
Hi Prateek,

4 months are still left for IIT/JEE. Make this your plan for studying:

December
Physics – electrostatics, capacitors, electric current, Magnetics
Chemistry – Nomenclature, isomerism, GOC, Hydrocarbons
Maths – functions, limits, continuity and differentiability

January
Physics – Electromagnetic Induction, Modern Physics
Chemistry – Aldehydes and Ketones, Alcohols and Ethers, Amines
Maths – Application of derivatives, integration

February
Physics – Optics, Mechanics
Chemistry – States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Equilibrium
Maths – Straight lines, circles, parabola, Properties of triangle

March
Physics – Properties of matter, SHM, waves
Chemistry – S, P, D block and transition elements
Maths – Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Determinants

April
Revise thoroughly your Notes and don’t read anything new. Don’t read anything 4 days before the big day to relieve you from tension. Be confident and cool

I have noticed that the only students who perform well at IITs are those who:
1. have got their concepts cleared
2. do a lot of self-studying

For both of these conditions, I must tell you that there is not better way than smart studying which in today's world means video tutorials. FREE demo DVDs can be ordered from kaysonseducation.co.in which are the best for theory which helps in clearing your concepts and then these generate interest in self-studying and increase concentration by 300%
14th December 2010, 04:38 PM
SonalSinghal

Hi Prateek,

4 months are still left for IIT/JEE. Make this your plan for studying:

December
Physics – electrostatics, capacitors, electric current, Magnetics
Chemistry – Nomenclature, isomerism, GOC, Hydrocarbons
Maths – functions, limits, continuity and differentiability

January
Physics – Electromagnetic Induction, Modern Physics
Chemistry – Aldehydes and Ketones, Alcohols and Ethers, Amines
Maths – Application of derivatives, integration

February
Physics – Optics, Mechanics
Chemistry – States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Equilibrium
Maths – Straight lines, circles, parabola, Properties of triangle

March
Physics – Properties of matter, SHM, waves
Chemistry – S, P, D block and transition elements
Maths – Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Determinants

April
Revise thoroughly your Notes and don’t read anything new. Don’t read anything 4 days before the big day to relieve you from tension. Be confident and cool

I have noticed that the only students who perform well at IITs are those who:
1. have got their concepts cleared
2. do a lot of self-studying

For both of these conditions, I must tell you that there is not better way than smart studying which in today's world means video tutorials. FREE demo DVDs can be ordered from kaysonseducation.co.in which are the best for theory which helps in clearing your concepts and then these generate interest in self-studying and increase concentration by 300%
14th December 2010, 11:35 PM
saakshi31

hiee
m not an iit crackr bt i wud sugest u to surely do last ten yr question papers..the papr always comes from last few yrs' question paprs..the question may nt b same bt the teqnique remains similar..
Gudluck!
15th December 2010, 05:51 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Quote:
regards prateek
Dear friend,
Firstly clear your concept of all subject,afterthat solve atleast previous years questions,and after that practice mathematices with the clock...
15th December 2010, 06:04 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Quote:
regards prateek
Dear friend,
Firstly clear your concept of all subject,afterthat solve atleast previous years questions,and after that practice mathematices with the clock...
23rd December 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I M POSSIBLE................
28th December 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

hello all! how to complete chemistry for iit when it's not your strength & course is so more?,&how to maintain a balance b/n two 12th & iit to be success in both.
31st December 2010, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

hello every one i'm in need please tell me, did we need to solve all ques. of hc verma when 3 months are there& u r opting for self study
2nd January 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

DAMM....leave the world for two months like saint.unlock urself in a room for two months and u will be through...surely...
11th January 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Hello frnds thanx 4 ans. bcoz my question is same.
20th January 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i don knw concepts well ,but iit is my dream,i have only two months left....im intelligent and can study and understand by myself........but how to clear iit jee??????????
24th January 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

how to get iit seat
29th January 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

work hard.do prepare for chemistry from O P AGGARWAL OBJECTIVE CHEMISTRY
TATA MACCGRAWHILL PHYSICS
ARIHANT MATHEMATICS
IF YOU WANT TO BRUSH THE SYLLABUS IN 2 MONTHS,THEN THIS PLAN OF STUDY IS BEST FOR YOU PROVIDED THAT YOUR MEMORY POWER IS STRONG AND YOUR BASIC CONCEPTS ARE SUFFICIENTLY CLEAR.TARGET NUMERICAL PORTION.MAKE A LIST OF TYPE OF PROBLEM RELAted to a chapter.THEN WORK ON IT.THIS THING WILL GIVE YOU SUFFICIENT CONFIDENCE.BE POSITIVE .DO NOT TAKE TENSION.TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH.FOLLOW PROPER LEARNING METHEOD.
29th January 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

u cnt prepare within 2 months.....!!! its sure dat u cnt crack iit....
so its better u drop 1 year nd study.........nd attempt fr it d nxt year...!!!
30th January 2011, 07:52 AM
prtk.co

IIT is not so much easy which is been broken in two momths.For this exam you must clear all basics fundamental.If you have clear all basics then 2 months time is sufficient for preparation.Or if you have not clear the basics then i dont think you will be crack IIT.
30th January 2011, 11:49 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

For preparing of JEE concepts and basic fundamental are so much important.Hard work will always gives result.IIT-JEE doesn't require you to study 4 months or 1 year or two year.It requires only basic knowledge and command on its application.So all in all,you need to keep your basics strong and try to concentrate on the fundamentals

Best of luck..
31st January 2011, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

wud it be sufficient for a intelligent guy preparing for 2 months???
31st January 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

can v crack jee if v knw 12 std portion clearly?
31st January 2011, 05:39 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello buddy,

preparing for the big exam in this short span of two years is not a good job,better you go for a coaching at narayana's, fiitjee,bansal classes etc next year and do more hard work to crack the exam without any difficulty for next year.

All the best!!!
7th February 2011, 11:34 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Hi

For any entrance exam whether it is IIT-JEE , AIEEE , IIT , IES or any other exam all such exams need a practice of year and more. So it 2 months you will not complete your IIT-JEE syllabus. At least 6 month practice and more is required to prepare for the IIT JEE exam.

But you can do one thing do crash course for the IIT JEE from any of the good institute. Doing crash course will be very helpful for the candidates for the preparation of engineering entrance exams. In a short duration you will get many things in simple way. As in institutes they teaches you the tricks and tips for the various types of questions.

You can also do one thing that solve the previous year questions as much as possible you will get an idea about paper from that. As you have very less time left so utilize this precious time and do hard work if you want to crack IIT JEE

GOOD LUCK
21st February 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

thanks

abhay
23rd February 2011, 08:29 PM
ankurloonia

I have just made the plan a bit bigger when you have only 4 months in your hand!

First of all, the day one started when you thought of preparing for the I.I.T. , and been a even a little serious about cracking the IIT JEE

Then he/she always knew that this time was going to come. So, nothing much unexpected!

O.K. So, let's try to analyze our situation. We have 4 months in hand that is some 120 odd days to ourselves.

Let the aspirants be assured that this is more than the time required.

It is the beginning of December; therefore the student would have covered at least 75 percentage of the prescribed course for the J.E.E. at least once by now, be it through self study or through some coaching. So, by now, the aspirant has covered most part of the syllabus. It's the brush-up time.

Now, we have two tasks.

Task One: To brush up and keep brushing up whatever has been learnt so far.

Task Two: To add the extra 25 percent of the course that is left.

Let us decide that we need to cover up the entire syllabus' revision in 75 days. The aspirant would have been taking tests and revising different topics at different times now and then. But, this time, let us assume this is your LAST time.

Therefore this time, the student should go through all the reading material/notes that he/she has been following all year long, THOROUGHLY not missing absolutely anything.

First of all, divide your vast syllabus into everyday task. Cover at least one heavy topic each day. When we talk about covering, we mean EVERYTHIING you need to know about that topic in order to be able to solve the problems, including notes, examples, some problems that you came across while studying it for the first time.

If possible, add a small topic to some days when one topic is not very big. The idea is not to let yourself excessively loose, nor should your time-table be very squeezed. This division of each day syllabus is the crucial-most step of the bigger plan. Keep it such, so that the pressure is JUST RIGHT.

It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.

Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.

Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember.

REMEMBER, these should not be too large in number. Most of them should be covered considering this as THE LAST revision.

All this time, when we have been brushing up the older topics, remember that the newer topics that are now being taught need to be kept track of.

During all this, try to regularly take tests on weekly or biweekly basis, and only one thing needs to be made sure that you do the topics you have revised till the test date, well. So, by the end of this phase one, your syllabus is complete for once and for all!

NOW, EVEN IF ONE ASKS YOU TO WRITE THE EXAMINATION THE 76th DAY ITSELF, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO AT LEAST SAY "YES".

Remember that even if this period goes to 80 days, it is perfectly fine.

Alright now, we have around a month (+ 10 days) left. This needs to be utilized in practicing problems, on all topics and within time limit. Solve, two test papers each day within time and analyze your errors that may have stayed after Phase one.

Every day, the idea is to exactly point them out and GET RID OF THEM. It can be a forgettable formula, a sign convention mistake, an individually weak topic particularly for you or anything for that matter. JUST GET RID OF IT.

During Phase Two, try to stay in continuous touch with the topics like inorganic and organic chemistry and other such topics.

After Phase Two, if you have followed the routine sincerely enough, you are ready for any Engineering Examination.

This Phase two has to be summed up 2-3 days before the Examination. For these last days, just take enough sleep, and take healthy food.

Lastly, this be mentioned that whatever strategy has been suggested above is just one way to prepare. There are a lot of them and one can follow any of them.
4th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

the word impossible itself say i m possible
25th March 2011, 11:57 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
regards prateek
my dear friend ,
you don't have much time of preparation rather i would suggest you to concentrate more on few particular topics (the topics in which you are more confident)
and practices as many problems as possible from selected topics
26th March 2011, 10:02 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me-
If you know something about IIT-JEE then you must be knowing that in the entire history of JEE, experienced people only say a particular point important, no one makes a guess.
I can't tell you that if the 2 month is sufficient or if it is impossible, because I don't know your current status.
If you have prepared well for 12th board and your concepts are clear in each subject then the time is enough.
But if you have just remembered things and your basics are not very clear then you are not gonna make it happen.
Under the guidance of a good faculty you can perhaps make it happen in 2-4 months but that is also not guaranteed.

Don't take my point negatively. Those are truth and for your belief i am telling you that I am the kind of answerer, you requested here.

All I want to say is that, you just prepare yourself and don't think that if somebody tells you that a particular point is important and you will do it in the exam. Suppose mechanics is very important; a man who has studied mechanics entire year can't be sure to solve all questions from the topic correctly.

If you score AIR 1500 or less in AIEEE you will get IIIT Hyderabad where Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Direct-I, Intel, Microsoft etc all major companies come.
Thanks.
All the best.
26th March 2011, 10:03 AM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,

As you know IIT-JEE is toughest exam of engineering in the world
First I have to suggest you, if your fundamental and basic concept are clear so its not tough task but you have to give maximum time of the day for study.Second thing is that first you see last year question papers IIT-JEE and judge yourself,after then make your strategy and preparation style.

all the best.....................
26th March 2011, 10:04 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand are as shown: -

1. Work Hard & Practice solved & unsolved questions daily.

2. Prepare whole topics according to the syllabus.

3. Prepare according to the previous year exam paper.

4. Practice more & more questions.

5. Take guidence from the faculty.

6. Study according to the syllabus

7. Join any good coaching institute (If required)

etc.

Best Wishes & Good Luck
26th March 2011, 10:08 AM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
First i have to suggest you if your fundamental and basic concept are clear so its not tough task but you have to give maximum time of the day for study.second thing is that first you see last year question papers IIT-JEE and judge yourself,after that you decide because two months is not sufficient for good rank but nothing is impossible.

Thanks
26th March 2011, 02:00 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,

Thanks
26th March 2011, 04:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
regards prateek

You Can Not Prepare For IIT JEE Examination In 2 Months, You Need Atleast 2 Year Preperation, If You Really Interested To Crack The IIT JEE Examination.

But, If You Have Only 2 Month left For The Examination, Then I Will Suggest You Just Study Fot This Examination, According To The Syllabus, Only Then You Will Get Sucess In This Examination.

It Is Not Easy To Prepare For IIT JEE Examination In 2 Months, But You Can Try And Make Your Efforts To Carck This Examination In Short Period Of Time.

So, Please try To Complete Your Syllabus On Time And Then Solve Previous Year Questions. If You Were Solve Previous Year Question Paper Then You Will Get The Idea, How The Question Paper Will Be Come In The Examination. So, Please Try To Solve Previous Year Paper, I Hope Then You Will get Sucess In IIT JEE Examination.

So, Please Work Hard, Study Well, Definitely You Will Get Sucess In Your IIT JEE Examination.
26th March 2011, 08:33 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

hi
In the last two months its better to start revising at solve as many questions along with model and sample test papers possible.Don't over stress yourself just be focused and calm.
All the best
26th March 2011, 09:07 PM
fciaspirant

hi. you can join a crash course as u ve only two months.

Best wishes
26th March 2011, 09:30 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can v crack jee if v knw 12 std portion clearly?
May be No ...

you can't just crack with the 12th stuff what you have

you should know more and more knowledge..

from different books like

Physics H.C Verma

Mathematics from S.Chand

and etc..,

so friend learn lot more of your subjects

and attempt with full confidence

get a rank in between 500 to 1000

and be a IITian

best regards

~aditya~
27th March 2011, 01:50 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,

Thank
28th March 2011, 02:42 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Well friend,

2 Months are very less to crack IIT with good rank means within 100 or 1000.

But you can score good marks compromising good rank but you can, 4 months are sufficient Enough if your aim is to just crack it but not with good rank

see if you are a dedicated student definitely you will score good marks in IIT,

Determination, little patience and grasping power will make you to build your knowledge, but i must say to you, go and take a crash course in good coaching institute.

Use the study materials given by them try to solve each and every question, if the are tough enough try to solve it with the help of your lecturers.

Try to memorize tricks and standard results for various mathematical derivations and formulas.

prepare well friend, because its your turning point if you score good then you will find your self after few years in your dream company.

with best wishes.
28th March 2011, 05:10 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
regards prateek

IIT-JEE is a very standard exam and is best engineering enrance exam in india .It is considered tough to crack so it is very difficult to crack IIT-JEE with only 2 month study . But you can crack it if you have done some kind of preparation earlier.Here i am providing you the tips :

•Follow NCERT books completely in all three corners that is physics,chemistry

and maths as is most import book which is suggested by all experts.

•Stick to shortcut tricks and methods.

•Instead of trying to memorize the things ,try to know the concept behind it.

•All question contains a crucial point which helps in solving that question , try

to find that point.

•Labour hard and study sincerely regularly.

With Regards
ravik1214
28th March 2011, 07:04 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: How to prepare for IIT JEE when 2 months left in hand?

Quote:
regards prateek
Dear friend this is not possible if you never read for IIT........but you should try ...............

if your concept is clear and you hard preparation for 12th board then you can do........

but you know this is IIT EXAM and any person can't clear in 2month.............

but if you want to do then you can use................

1.CRASH-COURSE

2.ON-LINE TEST

3.STUDY-MATERIAL

4.18HRS ONE DAY STUDY

5.MAKE A ROUTINE AND GO THROUGH STRICTLY

These are the path for you if you want to do clear IIT in 2 months........

best of luck................
28th March 2011, 01:40 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
Thanks
28th March 2011, 01:58 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Last two months are very crucial for preparation.
Make a good revision of Chemistry
Do a lot of sample papers of mathematics.
Maintain a regular time table and solve question in time limit to improve speed.
28th March 2011, 02:01 PM
devendergora

In the last you should try to instill confidence in yourself by solving more and more sample papers, regularly revise your notes, make your own fundas for solving maths question.
28th March 2011, 08:48 PM
mundeepak kumar

hi
i am deepak 2nd year student of b.tech(ece).i want to suggest you that you should attention on that topics which you have already learn because this is very critical time for all students.and if you want to learn some extra topics then you can forget that thinks which you have already read.that will be dangerous for you so take attetion on that topics which you have already learn.
be positive & god with you.
best of luck.........
7th April 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

How can i spare time for iit-jee as well as board exams ?
8th April 2011, 01:21 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
How can i spare time for iit-jee as well as board exams ?

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR IIT - JEE EXAM

Some of the tips to prepare for IIT - JEE exam as well as the board exams are as follows...

-> MANAGE YOUR TIME WELL : This is one of the important step which you have to follow to prepare for board exams as well as IIT entrance, most of the questions will be based on your 11th and 12th grade subjects, so prepare well for your board exams by spending some more time in it and preparing for IIT exam in the rest of the time.. you need complete hard work to go through the IIT exam.. so manage your time well...

-> REFER PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS : Go through the model papers of IIT entrance to know the pattern of the exam and to prepare for the questions in the syllabus accordingly, which helps you to prepare for your board exams as well... I have attached some of the previous year question papers of IIT - JEE exam in this post.. kindly check it over...

-> REFER RECOMMENDED BOOKS : To prepare for the exam well, its very much needed to refer the recommended books which are available in the market to prepare for IIT entrance exam.. some of them are as follows...

Course In Mathematics For IIT-JEE 2011
Price - Rs. 460
To buy Online CLICK HERE!!!

Course In Physics For IIT-JEE 2011
Price - Rs. 506

Course In Chemistry For IIT-JEE 2011
Price - Rs. 477

FOUNDATION IIT-JEE : Physics, Chemistry, Maths,Mental Ability
Price - Rs. 245

-> If you can follow these tips and practice to balance daily to prepare for your board exams and IIT entrance, then am sure you will succeed in both the exams...

All the Best....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WBJEE 2009.pdf(1.04 MB, 238 views)
File Type: pdf WBJEE 2010 Paper having Answer with Hints.pdf(773.3 KB, 271 views)
8th April 2011, 09:31 AM
devendergora

2 months is a very little time , all that you can do is revise NCERT books and practice sample paper of previous papers.
8th April 2011, 10:13 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

Quote:
u cnt prepare within 2 months.....!!! its sure dat u cnt crack iit....
so its better u drop 1 year nd study.........nd attempt fr it d nxt year...!!!
hello friend..
as you said that you are going for iit exam and when you are bout to appear in exam this question are sort for wasting your time.
If you have prepared well for your exam then just be clam and go for revision .

solve last year question paper and no extra study. Be clam and make your revision plan..

go for it...
8th April 2011, 11:13 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, try upto your best how much ever possible surely try and if at all there is always a second chance, best of luck.
8th April 2011, 02:33 PM
hari om yadav

dear,
this time is not sufficient to crack IIT. if your command on 12th standered preparatoin is good then you can do it. constrate on your target. clear your basics . repeat your 11th and 12th course and solve one or two paper of IIT entrace exam for see the patern of paper. i am sure that you can!
Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?