2nd March 2013, 03:39 AM
msingha

How to do B.Tech through lateral entry exam? I am a 3rd year electronics and telecommunication engineering student

i am in 3rd year electronics and telecommunication engineering.i want to do b.tech trough lateral entry exam..pls tell me what the minimun rank to get govt college in west bengal???

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission into good college through lateral entry scheme after diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering? Colleges offering the course around India?
  2. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  3. Where will I get entry after passing diploma in electronics and telecommunication through lateral entry?
  4. Lateral entry for diploma holders through IETE in Karnataka?
  5. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate? -- [New]
  6. How to do lateral entry in B.Tech in DCE? I am a 3rd year student of electrical and electronics diploma
  7. How to take lateral entry in 2nd year in WB colleges?
  8. Cutoff list of electronics and telecommunication engineering for lateral entry in N Amravati Universities?
  9. Am I eligible for CET lateral entry exam after completing diploma in Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
  10. How to do PG in Aerospace engineering after passing 3 years electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  11. What can I do after completing my engineering? I am a electronics and telecommunication engineering student
  12. Procedure of direct second year admission for Electronics & Telecommunication Diploma?
  13. Eligibility for lateral entry for BE after diploma in IETE (EC) -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Details for internship/training in companies for B.Tech 3rd year electronics and telecommunication student?
  15. Lateral Entry in 3rd year MBBS in abroad after B.P.T.?
  16. Can I get lateral entry after passing B.Tech first year
  17. In which college can I get lateral entry admission after doing ECE from Ambedkar University?
  18. Am I eligible to get in Aeronautical Engineering through lateral entry?
2nd March 2013, 08:42 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech through lateral entry exam? I am a 3rd year electronics and telecommunication engineering student

I am assuming that you are diploma student, currently in the last year of the course. Under the Indian education system, there is a provision for the diploma holders to apply for the admission in Bachelor of Technology course through lateral entry scheme.

The lateral entry scheme basically means that diploma holder is allowed to take admission into the second year of B.Tech course. He/She don't have to appear for the competitive entrance exams such as:

AIEEE

ISEET

UPSEE

MHA-CET

IIT-JEE

There is a downside of not being able to appear for certain entrance exams. You can not take admission in prestigious IITs and NITs engineering colleges. There is no provision under which a student can take lateral entry admission in a IIT or NIT.

But most other colleges are open for you. Majority of colleges actually reserve some seats for the diploma holders to grab. However the procedure of admission is quite different in each college.

A large number of universities offer admission through entrance exam called Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). Therefore it would be a good move if you appear in the LEET entrance exam.

The minimum requirement to appear for this entrance exam is diploma in engineering with at least 60 per cent marks. There are however other entrance exams as well which you are free to consider.

Some colleges like to conduct their separate entrance exam. While there are colleges who will offer you admission on the basis of your percentage without having to appear for any entrance exam.
2nd March 2013, 12:15 PM
MSTs
Member+

Default Re: How to do B.Tech through lateral entry exam? I am a 3rd year electronics and telecommunication engineering student

Hi,

Lateral Entry is for diploma holders, those who do 3 years diploma well approved by Govt. norms, and then give their own entrance exam for admission into engineering colleges.
And as they have studied 3 years after 10th, they are directly given admission in 2nd year of engineering

Netaji Subhash Engineering College,offer lateral entry into B.TECH
2nd March 2013, 01:06 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you can do this by applying LEET exam

LEET stand for Lateral Entry Entrance Test

- LEET exam is for the diploma students who want to join in engineering

Eligibility :

- You should have at least a 60% in Diploma.

- Maximum age limit is of 28 years.

- You must not have any backlogs left in Diploma.

If you get qualified in the LEET exam you will directly get admission to second year of engineering.

thank you...............................
21st August 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i m student of b.tech first year student from ec branch.may i know can i give lateral entry exam for other college...........as my college is not so good
21st August 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

how can i take admission in nits through lateral entry for second year?
13th November 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I'm a l scheme diploma student and I'm studying in tamilnadu can I get lateral entry in 3rd year engineering?
25th February 2014, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir im diploma final year in cse from andhra what exam i should pass to take lateral entry in karnataka engineering colleges
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?