I am B.com. 56years old.Want to do L.L.B.....please tell me how to do it

21st August 2012, 10:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do LLB after passing B.Com? I am 56 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am B.com. 56years old.Want to do L.L.B.....please tell me how to do it

The LLB program is regulated by the Bar Council of India and as per its guideline the maximum age limit to pursue 3 years LLB program for the general candidates is 30 years and for the reserved candidates is 35 years. Beside this one must hold a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks. Admission is either through entrance examination or merit of percentage obtained in the qualifying examinations, whatever be the admission criteria of the Institute or University of concern.

For detail information one must refer to the official website of the Bar Council of India.
22nd August 2012, 08:06 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend you are late to the party. What I mean is that you have passed the maximum age limit to apply for LLB course in India. At the age of 56 years, you are not going to get admission in any LLB college in India. Therefore I would suggest that you forget about doing LLB and get going with you life.

If you were really so interested in doing LLB then you should have had applied for it at least 25-30 years ago. Now it is too late for you to get admission. Anyway for your satisfaction, I am writing down the entire eligibility criteria for the LLB course.

First thing you need to understand is that there are two type of LLB courses - BA LLB or LLB. The difference is that BA LLB is 5 years course which can be done after completing 12th while LLB is years course which can be done only after completing graduation.

To get admission for BA LLB course, you are required to pass the CLAT Entrance exam.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should have completed 12th to get admission for BA LLB course.

2. You need to score at least 50 percent marks in 12th

3. Candidates of reserve category need 45 percent marks.

4. Please remember that you can not appear for CLAT before completing the 12th standard.

Age Criteria:

General and OBC Candidates - 20 years

SC/ST candidates - 22 years

LLB 3 Years Course:

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks in graduation.

4. Maximum age limit for LLB course is 30 years. However there is some relaxation for the SC/ST candidates as per the rule of central government.
4th October 2012, 02:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Sorry but you can not get admission for the LLB course now. Unfortunately you have passed the age limit for the LLB course. You should have applied for the LLB course years ago. Now colleges would not give you admission since you have already passed the age limit.

Admission for LLB 3 years course is either given on merit of through entrance exam. In both case you do not meet the age limit for college admission. Therefore you should drop the idea of doing LLB. Check out the criteria below.

Eligibility

1. A graduation degree from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. At least 40 percent marks for SC/ST candidates.

4. The maximum age limit for LLB is 30 years.

5. The age limit for SC/ST candidates is 35 years.

As you can see the maximum age limit is 35 that too for SC/ST candidates. Since you compelted graduation 17 years ago, I doubt that your age would be under 35 years. Therefore It is not possible for you to take admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?