10th June 2012, 11:09 PM
pravinbali0711

How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

I have finished my B.tech in electronics and communication engineering but now i want to do M.tech in computer sciences . is it possible.? pleez suggest courses too..

Related Questions:
  1. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  2. How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  3. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  5. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  6. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  7. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  8. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  9. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  10. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  11. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  12. Eligibility criteria for IAF CET exam? Date of the CET and date of sale of forms?
  13. Chances to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering student? -- [New]
  14. Can I choose communication for M.Tech after completing B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering?
  15. Study material for GATE CS?
  16. Mtech in aeronautics after btech in electrical and electronics? possible?
  17. Can I pursue M.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from CVSR college of engineering?
  18. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
11th June 2012, 01:46 AM
sumit911

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Hello Friend,

For you to pursue M.tech you need a valid GATE score. But the thing is when you

will fill up the GATE Form then you can only choose the stream which you have studied.

Like in your case as you are an ECE student you will have to opt for ECE paper in GATE

exam. So you will get a GATE score for ECE stream and then you will be able to pursue

M.Tech from a college for ECE stream . So I am sorry but you cannot pursue M.Tech in a

stream other than the one in which you have got a B.Tech degree.
14th June 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?

can m.tech be done in computer science after doing b.tech in computer science
22nd June 2012, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

i want to do m.tech,at now i completed B.tech in CSE
12th August 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

First of all , you CAN do M.Tech. in CS , even after doing B.Tech. from some other branch. I have a link ( http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in/gelig.php#table3 ) which says that graduates from any discipline are eligible to apply for m.tech. in cs. However , the path will be tougher. Still, if you are determined , you can make it.

1) M.Tech. in India : Write GATE in computer science , and get a really good score , preferably near the top, because there will be CS students too competing against you , and they have studied cs for four years. But , as I said , if you are determined , you will study hard on your own to elevate your level.

Next , for written test and interview stage , prepare even better. In interview , you need to convince the interviewers that you will be able to successfully finish m.tech. without a cs background.

Just do a thorough google search about admission criteria of different institutes through gate.

2) M.S. from U.S. : It is the indian equivalent of m.tech. Admissions are through GRE and subject GRE (search on google). However , admission to a branch different from your B.Tech. stream is a lot tougher. Also expenses are too high (around 20 lakhs ).But it is prestigious too. If your qualification and means allow , you may go for it.
25th August 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

hello,i am pursuing btech in cse 3rd year.please suggest me what course i do after btech .
29th August 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

can i do M.TEC in computer science after completing msc in computer science
8th October 2012, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Is their any chance of doing M.Tech in EEE after finishing B.Tech in ECE
8th October 2012, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

ya it can possible
16th October 2012, 04:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i m doing BE from computer science & i want to do M.Tec from electrical & electronic or electronic comunication .....
there is any chance to get that....
E Mail id ;[email protected]
16th October 2012, 04:50 AM
Unregistered

does i prepare for IAS officer after completion of BE from computer science....
21st October 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

can i opt. for M.tech in (C.S) after doing B.E in (I.T) branch?
8th December 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MTech in ECE after completing BTech in CSE??
Reply me to [email protected]
Please reply me..
10th December 2012, 10:49 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

No ,you will not be able to do M.Tech in ECE after completing B.TECH in CSE.
However you can do M.TECH in CSE after completing B.TECH in CSE.

You can able to take admission in M.TECH after getting pass in GATE exam.
The syllabus for this exam related to your subjects that will be asked in this exam is as follows:-

Engineering Mathematics:-

>>Mathematical logic .
>>Set theory.
>>Combinations.
>>Graph theory.
>>Linear algebra.
>>Numerical methods.
>>Calculas.

Computer science and Information Technology:-

>>Digital Logic.
>>Computer architecture.
>>Operating system.
>>Compiler design.
>>Programing and data structure.
>>Algorithms.
>>Theory of computations.
>>Database.
>>Information system.
>>Computer Networks.
>>Web technologies.

Total duration of this exam will be 3 hours.
Total number of questions will be 60.
Total marks will be 100.

NOTE:-All questions will be objective type with multiple choice answers.

8th February 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

I've done btech in eee can i do mtech in cse through pgecet, please help me,you can also reach me on [email protected]
10th February 2013, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

i completed my btech in information technology ,is there any chance to do mtech in civil engineering in india
15th March 2013, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

If you want to do a Mtech in CS, then you have to apply for the CS paper in GATE. Some colleges allows ECE Graduates to do Mtech in CS
22nd March 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

i'm a B.TECH biotech student.can i do m.tech in cse
23rd March 2013, 11:10 AM
helper1

heloo friend,

M.tech is "Master of technology" and it is a master degree course of 2 years after your graduation degree in b.tech or be.

M.tech has wide scope after your bachelor's degree in engineering and there are a number of fields under which you may do this m.tech course but it will be more preferable & beneficial if you do that in the same field as you have in your graduation.

There are a number of ways to do this course after your bachelor's through a number of ways like as GATE exam or others.

In india,several institutes are there which offer this kind of course under different different fields as :

1.several IIT's

2.several IIIT's

3.several NIT's

4.several central government colleges

4.several state government collegs

5.several private colleges. etc.

The different exams for the admission into these colleges are conducted by different commission or by the institutes own as one of the most popular exam is GATE exam.

GATE exam is much profitable for each & every bachelor's of engineering candidate as through this you may even get the brilliant job options under different areas as private or government.

GATE score is valid for 2 years and you can give this exam in your final year of b,tech too.

good luck !!
28th March 2013, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

i did my b.tech in ECE can i do cse in M.Tech.Then on which course i've to apply exam ECE or CSE
5th July 2013, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

how to do M.Tech in computer science after finishing B.Tech in ECE
18th July 2013, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Is MS in computer science a good option for a student who has a BTECH in Electronics and communication? Will it be really hard to get through?
Is it true that job opportunities is less for a student with btech and Ms in electronics and comm. ?

Shruthi.
19th July 2013, 10:12 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

1) M.Tech. in India : Write GATE in computer science , and get a really good score , preferably near the top, because there will be CS students too competing against you , and they have studied cs for four years. But , as I said , if you are determined , you will study hard on your own to elevate your level.

Next , for written test and interview stage , prepare even better. In interview , you need to convince the interviewers that you will be able to successfully finish m.tech. without a cs background.

Just do a thorough google search about admission criteria of different institutes through gate.

2) M.S. from U.S. : It is the indian equivalent of m.tech. Admissions are through GRE and subject GRE (search on google). However , admission to a branch different from your B.Tech. stream is a lot tougher. Also expenses are too high (around 20 lakhs ).But it is prestigious too. If your qualification and means allow , you may go for it.
20th July 2013, 12:44 PM
bat cool

• Hello friend
  • You can take admission M.Tech computer science
  • For doing M.Tech computer science, any engineering completed candidate can apply
  • You must pass GATE exam to do M.Tech
  • After passing GATE exam, you can take Computer science as specialization

To know more click >>GATE-2013-Brochure.pdf
    Eligibility.pdf
  • all the best
26th July 2013, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

can to do M.Tech in Computer Sciences after finishing B.Tech in mechanical????
26th August 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

M doing btech in ece.bt m really want to do my mtech in cse.what should i do? And if i apply for ece jobs,then does d gate score for cse will enough? Pls reply at [email protected]
25th June 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

im doing btech in information technology. Can i apply for mtech in computer science abroad. And if yes then how?
11th June 2015, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

I have written pgcet exam with ece branch but I would like to join M Tech in computer science can I join with pgcet score
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?