19th September 2012, 10:25 PM
souravghosh1990

How to do merchant navy after completing B.Com 2nd year?

hi,
my name is sourav ghosh.. and nw i have completed my b.com 2nd year. and i want to do merchant navy.. so can i try it after my graduation .. and i am doing it from distance learning institute.. and i am sure that i will pass out with minimun 65% .. and i am doing it from pass course..

10th May 2015, 05:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do merchant navy after completing B.Com 2nd year?

Sorry there is no any possible way by which you can apply for Merchant Navy being a commerce stream student in your graduation as for the same you must be a Physics or Chemistry or engineering course graduate .

But if you want to be in the defense field then you have the option of Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) with your educational qualification for which you have to compete Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) examination conducted by union public service commission twice in the year and are popularly known as CDS I & CDS II.

The basic qualifications required for appearing in this examination are as :-

Nationality :- You must be a citizen of Indian .

Age limit :- Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years for IMA where as
for OTA it must be within 19 years to 25 years .

Educational Qualification :- You must be a graduate with any discipline from a
recognized university .Final year student are also eligible .

The physical and mental fitness is required as per the norms of service .

The examination is conducted in two steps which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively .

For further details and notifications for the same log on to www.upsc.gov.in .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?