25th July 2011, 06:16 PM
P.Ezhumalai

How to do part time Ph.D? Where can I register for Ph.D? Is there any scholarship for part time Ph.D?

I would like to do part time p.hD?

could you guide me for study ?

where i register my p.hD?

is there any scholarships for part time p.hD?

is there guide avilability?

Related Questions:
  1. How to register for Ph.D part time under Anna University?
  2. Colleges in Mumbai who conducts PhD in Pharmaceutics? Difference between part time and full time PhD?
  3. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Computer Science to M.Sc postgraduate? Total expenses to study Part Time PhD?
  4. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  5. Can I do part time PhD being an M.Sc(IT) postgraduate of IGNOU? -- [New]
  6. Reputed college or institute in India for PhD in CSE/IT? Whether to do regular PhD or part time?
  7. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Details of universities offering part time PhD in Pharmaceutics?
  9. What is the procedure to do Ph.D after passing the JRF exam?
  10. Possibility to do part time PhD course in Chennai for M.Sc postgraduate?
  11. What is the the procedure follwoed for doing part time PHD enquiry from BHU?
  12. List of open universities providing Ph.D part time in Kolkata?
  13. PhD part time/full time Computer Science in IIT or Foreign university?
  14. GPAT is beneficial for PhD in Pharmacy? Details about criteria and scholarship?
  15. Which type of PhD should I do full time or part time? Going to university daily is necessary in regular PhD? Syllabus, books and question papers for it?
  16. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  17. Does BHU Varanasi conduct part time phd is management?
  18. List of universities which offer Part Time PhD in Electronics to a Lecturer?
14th October 2015, 05:50 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do part time Ph.D? Where can I register for Ph.D? Is there any scholarship for part time Ph.D?

Part time PhD. is a good idea and is a good option when you have a job in parallel. But remember most regular universities like IITs or ISI or any other such universities do not allow part time PhD.s in the institutes. You have to choose some of the leading correspondence institutes for part time PhD.s.
Let me now jot down the benefits that you will obtain from a distance PhD.
1) The first thing is that you will be able to continue with your job.
2) The second thing is that most distance institutes do not take any entrance examination, unlike full time PhD. institutes. The basic eligibility criteria for PhD. enrolment is an M.Phils or a master's degree in the relevant discipline.
3) Lastly, in a full time PhD. institutes a candidate takes almost 8-9 years for completion of PhD. No candidate is released before 7 years at least. So this means you need to spend so many years without a job.
There is no scholarship for part time PhD. No institutes provide scholarship for part time PhD. You can register for part time PhD.s in IGNOU university. The official website is www.ignou.ac.in. For distance institutes guides are assigned later, once you enrol for the PhD. In regular institutes you have to find the guide yourself. So think about it and then take a decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?