25th February 2011, 05:23 PM
naga20

How to face interview without committing any mistakes?

How can i face the interview without mistakes and what are the minimum activities while attending the interview?

Help me pls.

Thanks & Regards
Nagaraju.

25th February 2011, 08:50 PM
ankurloonia

Default Re: How to face interview without committing any mistakes?

Non-verbal Messages: Non-verbal language speaks larger than words. As you walk in the interview room, here are a few things that you must keep in mind:
Start it off like a winner.
The handshake: Offer your hand, and give a firm handshake, a pleasant smile and a positive and confident attitude. Introduce yourself.

Posture: Stand and sit erect

Don't Fidget: There is nothing worse than people playing with their hair, clicking pen tops, tapping feet or unconsciously touching parts of the body.

Eye Contact: Look the interviewer in the eye

Move your hands: Gesturing or talking with your hands is very natural, but keep it in moderation.

Be comfortable. Take a seat facing the interviewer, however, slightly off center. Be sure that you are in a comfortable position

Listen attentively. Look at the interviewer directly, but don't get into a stare down! Sit up straight. Try to relax. It's okay to take a few notes if the questions are lengthy, or you need to remind yourself of something you want to stress

Avoid nervous mannerisms. Pay attention to nervous mannerisms. Everyone is nervous to some extent, the key is to appear calm and composed

Speak clearly. Use good grammar and a friendly tone. Never answer just "yes" or "no" to a question. Always clarify, expand on your answers. Be sure not to go on rambling

Be positive and enthusiastic.Pump up your enthusiasm prior to the interview. Never whine, gripe or complain about past employers, jobs, classes etc

Ask pertinent questions. Be prepared to ask a few questions. Do not monopolize the interviewer's time, particularly if you know they have appointments scheduled following your interview. Do ask thoughtful questions. Don't ask about salary and benefits, this can be discussed when the company is definitely interested in you

While giving answers to questions:
Be Concise: Listen to the questions carefully and answer to the point. An interviewee rambling on is likely to turn off the interviewer.
Provide Examples: Support your contentions with examples. Think of recent strong strategic examples of work you've done, then when the question is asked, answer with specifics, not in generalities.
Be Honest: It is always better to state the truth than beating about the bush. If you don’t know something then state the fact.
Keep Your Guard Up: Always maintain your professionalism. Don’t get swayed by the friendly behaviour of the interviewer and disclose everything. For all you know it might be a trap laid out by him.
26th February 2011, 12:59 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to face interview without committing any mistakes?

hey naga...

I have a friend of mine having the same name... r u from coimbatore..??...
Now to your question facing the interview is pretty much hard when you look through it as INTERVIEW just think that it is something like you are talking with your friend to the panel members then you will feel CONFIDENT to answer them... facing the interview needs only one important thing that is CONFIDENCE... I have attached 2 books which talks about how to prepare for interview... hope it helps for your preparation..

All the best..
21st July 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

why are u join our compney
24th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

If i ask that tell me about your self . then what will my answer ?
7th October 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
why are u join our compney
i had an idea to oin an well fedged company so i select this sir
8th October 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i have to improve my english skill. Its very tough becoz hear no one to speak wit me in english so i cant able to improve my skill
9th October 2011, 01:34 AM
goutambiswas87

Dear friend,
You should have in your mind that there are some parts which are very important,is followed by the examiner.There are:
1.Smartness.
2.Languaje fluency.
3.Logical topic.
4.Answer should be in appropriate(not lengthy).
5.Never break your confidence.
6.Eye contact to the examiner.

Thank you....
7th December 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the reason of leaving previous job
17th February 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

how to talk hr
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?