4th July 2012, 02:50 PM
DEEP378

How to get admission in B.Tech through LEET?

I M DEEPAK I WANT TO GET ADMISSION IN B.TECH THROUGH LEET PLZ GIVE ME PREVIOUS YEAR LEET EXAM PAPERS OF HARYANA & PUNJAB and ip university . MY EMAIL ID IS:- [email protected]

24th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in B.Tech through LEET?

Can I give leet exam after B-tech 1st year or can i get admission in any other college after B-tech 1st year.PLEASE tell me PLEASE.....
2nd September 2012, 10:33 PM
CHOGC

For getting admission through LEET you must have minimum 60% marks in Diploma.
There is relaxation in % for SC/ST candidates.
The other eligibility conditions for LEET are:

-You must have completed your Diploma from a recognised Institute or any State Board of Technical Education.
-You must not have any backlogs left in Diploma.
-Your age should not exceed 28 years at the time of test.

All the best.
3rd September 2012, 11:01 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. This exam is conducted on the states level for the candidates who wish to pursue B.Tech after completing Diploma in Engineering course.

The process of pursuing B.Tech after diploma course is called Lateral Entry Scheme. This scheme allows candidates who have either completed diploma in Engineering or B.Sc course to apply for the admission in second year of the B.Tech course. Normally B.Tech is a four years long course, however for candidates who have completed diploma or B.Sc course, B.Tech becomes a three years long course.

Today admission through lateral entry is very common in India. Most Engineering colleges in India with exception of IITs, offer lateral entry in B.Tech. In fact they reserve some seats every year for the lateral entry candidates. The number of seats vary from college to college but it is somewhere between 10 to 20 percent of total Engineering seats offered by the university.

There are various ways to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry. LEET is one of them. LEET is a entrance exam which candidates who have to pass in order to get admission for B.Tech.

Eligibility

1. You must have completed diploma in Engineering in any stream from a recognised university.

2. Must score at least 60 percent marks in diploma course.

If you meet these criteria then you are eligible to appear in Lateral Engineering Entrance Test. However in many cases you are not required to appear for the LEET entrance exam. Based on your performance in the LEET exam, colleges that accept the LEET score would offer you admission.

There are several engineering colleges in India which would give you direct admission based on your performance in diploma course. For example, if you have scored at least 60 percent marks in diploma in Engineering then several colleges out there would give you direct admission without having to appear in entrance exam.

There are colleges that will even give direct admission on scoring 50 percent marks, but such colleges are very few.

Some Engineering universities in India conducts their own entrance exam, you can also consider appearing for such entrance exams.
26th December 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum %age critarea for addmission in btech after diploma ,how many govt collages are there in haryana state
14th February 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

i have 1 reappear in 2nd sem, am i get addmission in ymca by clearing leet exam.
27th May 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 46 marks in hr leet held on 22-5-013 s i belong to obc category is there any chance that i get the gov. college. pease reoly soon as possible .s i also want to know about how much seet are there in gov colleges for leet
5th August 2013, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want 2 do btech from d.u and nw am in my fnle year and no rees cleard all sem with agregate of 60 prcnt
27th November 2013, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Nw, im in third year of electronics & telecommunication in diploma engineering in govt. polytechnic clg of Ahmednagar in Maharashtra.... I want to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech... i don't knw abt LEET entrance exam..plzzzz tell me abt this exam....Wht is date of submitting the form of this exam & when it'll be...??/ wht will be tha procedure for this exam & taking admission in B.Tech... plzz..tell me..wht will be syllabus for this exam..?? And also send last year que. papers with answers....plz send me all information about this exam as early as possible...plzzzz...its so important fr me...
my E.mail id- [email protected]

thanks...
Sarita Sangwan..
18th January 2014, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

How will i get adm. In b.tech civil engg. after diploma in any good college
7th March 2014, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

i am doing mech.eng diploma from leet iwant ding b.tech from mech.eng please tell me how to apply for test and what fees for the test
11th March 2014, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admssion in NIT through LEET
after completing my diploma in electrical engg.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?