6th July 2013, 11:03 PM
Ankit maan

How to get admission in Roorkee IIT college? I am a 12th class student

hi sir..,
i am study in 12th class with PCM , so please give me suggestiom for entrance in rorkee iit college.

20th April 2015, 08:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in Roorkee IIT college? I am a 12th class student

For getting admission in any of the IITs you will have to clear JEE as well as has to secure nice percentage of marks in your 12th board examination .

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination which is held by CBSE once every year for the purpose of selection of students for the admission in the IITs or other top government or private engineering colleges for their bachelor of technology course .

The JEE will be conducted in two phases which are JEE Mains and JEE Advance .

For JEE Mains :- You must have completed your 12th or must be in the final year of same with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects and must have must secured 50 % marks individually in each mentioned subjects .

For Advance :- You have to first qualify your JEE Mains examination and also you must be in the top 20% students of your respective board on the basis of marks secured in the same 12th board examination .

Also for this examination your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of that year in which you are giving the entrance examination .

The distribution of colleges and streams for the same course is then done on the basis of overall performance in the entrance as well as board examination.

So if you clear all the stages then according to your position in the merit list it will be decided whether you get the IIT Rourkee or not .

For the same course from other government colleges or private colleges you can look for your state board engineering entrance examination or entrance examinations held by various colleges for admission in their own college .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?