24th August 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

How to get a good rank in WBJEE while attempting for it the 2nd time?

i am preparing for wbjee ....i am a repeater....taking classes from NICS...give me some tips to get a good rank..plss

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to get admission in respectable college after attempting 58 questions in WBJEE?
  2. What is the date of counseling for WBJEE(Engineering)? I have got 37565 rank in WBJEE
  3. Date of start of WBJEE counseling? When we will get the rank card for WBJEE Medical?
  4. Which college could I possibly after scoring 42071 rank in WBJEE? Any chance in 2nd or 3rd counseling?
  5. If I had 73% in 12th could I get a good government engineering college after scoring good rank in WBJEE?
  6. Rank required in WBJEE to get a good Pharmacy College other than Jadavpur?
  7. Wbjee counselling dates and possible college and branch based on wbjee rank. -- [Most Discussed]
  8. My WBJEE rank is 22200, which college can I get? Which is better WBJEE or JEE?
  9. Can I apply for WBJEE(Medical) if attempted 2 times?
  10. What will be my rank in WBJEE medical after scoring 145 out of 200?
  11. Can I get admission in good college having 46% in WBCHSE and 3429 in WBJEE?
  12. Probable rank with 147 marks in WBJEE Medical 2015? -- [New]
  13. Best colleges and branches that I can get in West Bengal having 10285 rank in WBJEE?
  14. Can I get admission in good college after securing a rank of 5000 in WBJEE being a candidate of General category?
  15. Can I get a good college in West Bengal after scoring 15547 rank in WBJEE?
  16. Counseling procedure conducted for admission in engineering colleges for WBJEE? How can we apply for 2nd counseling?
  17. Is there any chance for me in 2nd counseling of WBJEE for CSE branch after scoring 3500 rank?
  18. Can I get government college after scoring a rank of 13136 in WBJEE?
3rd September 2011, 09:37 PM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: How to get a good rank in WBJEE while attempting for it the 2nd time?

WBJEE is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Board for admission into over 90 state government and self financed engineering institutes and medical colleges of West Bengal. There is more than 28000 seats all over. Jadavpur University is amongst the top institutes in India. There are many other reputed institutes like BESU, University of Kalyani, Jalpaiguri Engineering college, Heritage, Techno India only to name a few. Generally getting into a engineering college in West Bengal is not very difficult because as much as 90 thousand students are made allowed for counselling. However there will be nothing great for one if he/she secure a rank within 1000 and gets into Jadavpur University or BESU, Shibpur. Remember the following points while preparing for Wbjee :
  • There are three papers for Wbjee. Mathematics and Biology papers carry 100 marks each. There is a single paper for Physics and Chemistry of 100 marks. Those who are opting for only engineering need not to write Biology paper. To get a rank in engineering within 1000, one must score at least 120 marks out of 200. Those who will score 100 out of 200 will come within 3000 so still can get a government college or a highly reputed self-financed college.
  • Questions of Wbjee generally tests the basics of the subjects. There are not too difficult. But note that there will be question from each and every topic. Keeping this in mind it is advised that one should go through each and every chapters of all the subjects very carefully. While preparing for Wbjee there is no need to do very difficult numerical problems. If you have got your basics right, you can easily solve them.
  • First of all, go through the syllabus and make sure if you have completed everything. As you are repeater, you should complete syllabus as soon as possible if anything still left and then start revising. This is because you have dropped for one year. Even after that if you do not succeed to score good marks, there can't be anything worse than this.
  • For Mathematics you may consult Sen & Chattopadhyay. This book is enough for Wbjee Mathematics preparation. There is many solved examples. After going through the theory portion properly, see the solved examples properly. Every type of questions which can be asked in Wbjee is introduced in that. Next try to solve exercises completly on you own. However you may take help of your teacher if some problems seem to be impossible to crack but only after trying your level best. Otherwise this won't help you. You should finish exercise of a chapter within a few days or as quickly as possible. This will help you to mug up all the concepts and integrate your thoughts properly. Never do some problems from a chapter and again trying to solve some problems after a week. This is where many students create problems and cannot master the chapter upto 100%. In addition to this, do solve few problems regularly from the chapters you have already learnt. Otherwise, you may forget what you have learnt.
  • For Physics and Chemistry you can consult books which every students of West Bengal Board follows like Dowari, Maity for Physics and Maity Tiwary Roy for Chemistry. In addition to this, I would like to suggest you Concepts of Physics by H C Verma. For Chemistry it will be better if you solve test papers of Higher Secondary. For Biology, you may take books of ABC or Pradeep's as reference.
  • Write mock tests regularly. You will understand where is your condition right now. This will also improve your speed and time management skills. As you have mentioned you are taking class for NICS, this is good. Before attending a class on a particular chapter, always read that chapter at home. At the classroom session, you will be able to clear all your doubts. In addition to this, I would like to suggest you to subscribe to study material of Pathfinder and also write their test series. This will condition you in the best possible manner.

At the end, I would like to tell you that keep focus on your goal. Do self-study for at least 6 hours. Allot appropriate time for every chapter. Set target for everyday and try to accomplish that. Keep yourself healthy. Do exercises regularly. Eat healthy foods. Do meditations. If you are still loosing concentrations, go and consult good psychotherapyist since this is the most important time for your career. You will definitely secure a good rank in Wbjee if you follow this tips.
4th September 2011, 07:47 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to get a good rank in WBJEE while attempting for it the 2nd time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am preparing for wbjee ....i am a repeater....taking classes from NICS...give me some tips to get a good rank..plss
Now,that you have had an experience of the level and pattern of the exam in the first attempt,use it as your weapon and prepare accordingly..
First go through your 11th and 12th course books,then for higher preparations follow the following books :-
M.L.Khanna for Maths
Concepts Of Physics
P.Bahadur for Chemistry

solve all the numericals of these books and also buy the past 10 year papers of WB-JEE and solve all the questions..it will help you a lot..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz90"
24th October 2011, 11:51 AM
SUBHO010

Smile Re: How to get a good rank in WBJEE while attempting for it the 2nd time?

As you have already appeared once you must be quite aware about the pattern of WBJEE enngineering.
As you know it consists of two sets of papers 1st for maths and 2nd for chemistry and physics.

Marks distribution is as follows:
Maths - 90 questions=80(objective-80 marks)+10(subjective-20 marks)
Chemistry-45questions=40(objective-40 marks)+5(subjective-10 marks)
Physics-45 questions=40(objective-40 marks)+5(subjective-10 marks)

You lose 1/3rd marks carried by the question for giving the wrong answer in the objective part.
So my advice would be
1.to attend only the questions about which you are sure.

2. Try to finish the paper fast as time is really very short.

3. The questions are not very hard so don't go for very high level of preparation.

4. Don't pay too much time in solving a particular problem as you will find losing time to solve other questions which are easier.

Hope this will help you

All The Best
11th November 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get a good rank in WBJEE while attempting for it the 2nd time?

if i start preparing for wbjee from december,can i get a good rank
30th November 2012, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

How do I continue H.S And NEET Syllabus together with?
13th February 2014, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

WWha will be the scores for 500ranks in engeeering?

:'
13th May 2015, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

sir how much score i have to scored to get admission in govt medical college for mbbs?
6th June 2015, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to sit for wbjee medical 2nd time,will i take admission in any college or just prepare for the exam?
25th July 2015, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

how to get a good rank in wbjee(within 1000) while attempting for it the second time... dont have the money to go for coaching.. :(
3rd May 2016, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

the questions given in arihant's question bank for wbjee are very easy as compared to the textbook questions or jee mains papers. this brings a confusion as well as fear in my mind that whether these r true or not & hence should be followed or not ? doesn't this prove to be a waste of time bcoz only as per the present status only 12 days to go for wbjee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?