30th October 2015, 10:18 PM
Abhijeet Phad

How to get into IIT after completing Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication?

Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in Electronic and telecommunication? If it is possible then how to go IIT?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study in IIT after Diploma in Electronics & Telelcommunication?
  2. Joining Indian Army after Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  3. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Education after completing Electronics & Telecommunication Diploma course?
  4. What can I do to get into Robotics having passed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication and pursuing 2nd year of BE in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  5. Which Armed force I can join after Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  6. Is there any scope in doing mba after btech in electronics & telecommunication? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I do further if completed 3 years full time Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  8. Can i join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication?
  9. Possiblity to study B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) for Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Diploma student?
  10. Is there any vacancy for diploma electronics and telecommunication
  11. List of correspondence courses that can be done after Electronics & Telecommunication?
  12. Can i change my branch in electronics and electronics engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication in RGPV university
  13. Does this a right choice of opting for MBA in Aviation Management after completion of Graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  14. What should be done after Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication??
  15. How to join PLC and Telecommunication course after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  16. Part time courses available after completing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  17. Electronics & Telecommunication related companies in Pune for Diploma holder?
  18. Government jobs Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication holder?
31st October 2015, 12:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into IIT after completing Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication?

Sorry, diploma candidates are not eligible to pursue the B.tech courses from the IIT.

To get the admission in the IIT you have to appear and qualify in the JEE examination. As you do not have the mathematics, chemistry and the physics as main paper in the 10+2 examination. So you cannot appear for the examination and so not eligible to get the admission in the IIT.

But you are eligible to pursue the b.tech from any recognised university through the LEET examination and eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year of the b.tech.
31st October 2015, 02:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into IIT after completing Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication?

Sorry, you are not eligible to get the admission in the IIT for the b.tech courses.

To get the admission in the IIT candidates have to qualify in the JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted in the two stages and the candidates after qualifying one stage are eligible for the next stage.

Candidates who have passed or pursuing in the 10+2 with the science stream are eligible to appear for the examination. So you cannot appear for the examination.
31st October 2015, 02:39 PM
jituvide

Sorry to say, but IIT does not allow admission for diploma holders in IIT.

Only 10+2 passed students with PCM can get admission in IIT.
Diploma is not equivalent to 10+2, So you cannot get admission in IIT for B.Tech.

But you are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry in different universities.
31st October 2015, 02:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are not eligible for the admission in Indian Institute of Technology for bachelor's degree in engineering. Diploma candidates can apply for the Joint Entrance Examination mains and if you secure good marks and rank in mains exam, you can get admission in NITs and other government engineering colleges.

But even if you clear the JEE mains exam, diploma candidates can not apply for the JEE Advanced stage. Other than JEE mains, you can also apply for the Lateral Entry Entrance test for the direct admission in second year of engineering.

For LEET exam, diploma candidates must have at least 60% marks.
31st October 2015, 11:50 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

You are not eligible to get admission IITs just after completion of Diploma Engineering.

Eligibility
- 10+2 passed students with PCM can get admission in IIT.
- Diploma is not equivalent to 10+2, So you cannot get admission in IIT for B.Tech.

But you are eligible for B.Tech by lateral entry in different universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?