6th November 2010, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

How to Get Into ISRO?

sir/madam
This is sajani doing my 12Th .....
I am very very interested in space science and want to become scientist. I want admission in ISRO .please help me about procedure of admission and entrance exam....

6th November 2010, 12:55 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to Get Into ISRO?

you can join isro after completing b.tech. isro conducts exam for b.tech passed students. after passing that exam you can join isro. there are several post in isro and elligibility depends on the nature of post. for more information visit- www.isro.org
6th November 2010, 01:59 PM
Rakesh davanpalli

Dear sir i want to work in ISRO after bsc.how can i go for it?
6th November 2010, 02:40 PM
chandana Reddy

hi.....if u are interested in space research and you want to get into ISRO ,u must have completed your graduation from a recognised university with a minimum of 60%..
you need to get an application form of the ISRO and needs to get it filled completely with all the required information. The form can also be downloaded from the official website of ISRO. After filling up the form completely, you need to send it back to the office before the last date of submission of the form...the age limit is 35 years..forms wil be available in the month of march usually..
6th November 2010, 06:53 PM
ashwani avasthi

Post Re: How to Get Into ISRO?

Dear friend ,
This is very good that you want to go with research field in ISRO.ISRO organizes the entrance examination every year .For details of exam ,you should go through the Employment news papers and official website of ISRO.
Good Luck .Thank You.
8th December 2010, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

I am a Bsc Maths graduate 2010 passout.My inborn ambition is to work in space .I scored a total of 93%.how can i get in to ISRO?what are all the exams that i have to pass through?please suggest the books so that i can get in to isro?when is the next exam?
23rd December 2010, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

u hav to clear isat to get into iist.from ter u can get into isro easily!!!!!!!!!
15th January 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

what group in btech shall i take to join in isro
15th January 2011, 11:21 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
Dear friend ,
This is very good that you want to go with research field in ISRO.ISRO organizes the entrance examination every year .For details of exam ,you should go through the Employment news papers and official website of ISRO.
thank you
7th February 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir ,can you please tell me which exam is first conducted to get into ISRO
8th February 2011, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Actually I have completed M.Sc., I.T in Annan University. Am I eligible to apply for the SC post for which applications are available now?
10th February 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi Friends,
Eventhough they are mentioned the min mark is 60%, they are shortlisting the candidates for the WRITTEN TEST itself using the %.
I've applied for ISRO in 2009. But I was not called for the written test.At that time I'was in my final year.And my % until 7th sem was 67.5%.
In 2010 there was no vacancy for my dept CSE.

After my 8th Sem my % is 69.Now in 2011, I'll apply for the same.Hope for the Best.!!

Thanks
18th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i am an integrated MS student at IISER how can i get into isro?
18th February 2011, 10:36 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: How to Get Into ISRO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what group in btech shall i take to join in isro
hello,
There are opportunities for computers,electronics and mechanical engineers so you should try to get into any of these if you really wish to join ISRO. Moreover there are numerous job opportunities for the ones doing engineering in this stream. You only need to take care that you maintain minimum of 65% because to appear for the ISRO written test minimum eligibility required is 65%.

further following link can help you better

http://www.isac.gov.in/CentralBE/advt.jsp

good luck
24th February 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

ISRO is only for Library Assisstant ?
6th March 2011, 09:11 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for Isro Exam 2011:
  • BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available). Candidates who are slated to complete the BE/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-11 are also eligible to apply provided final Degree is available by 31.8.2011
Age Limit:
  • 35 years as on 28-02-2011 (40 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates, Ex-serviceman and Persons with Disabilities[PWD] are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders).
For more details visit: www.isro.co.in
6th March 2011, 10:47 PM
Aman Sapra

To join ISRO one has to clear ISAT exam.
The details are as follows:

1. The total number of seats for the Undergraduate Programmes in IIST for the academic year 2011-12 is 156. The seat matrix for different programmes is as follows:

B Tech in Aerospace Engineering: 59

B Tech in Avionics: 58

B Tech in Physical Sciences: 39.
2. Govt. of India Rules applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI) will govern reservation to different categories.
3. Candidates for IIST Admission Test (ISAT-2011) have to visit IIST website: www.iist.ac.in/isat2011/ or the alternative site: http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist/ for applying.
4. Candidates for ISAT-2011 are required primarily to go to Online Registration and fill up the “ISAT-2011 Online Application Form” form available online.
5. The application procedure requires the candidate’s valid email id. Please keep the email id live and secure till the end of the admission process.
6. The ISAT-2011 online registration will be open from 8th November 2010 to 31st December 2010.
7. Last date for online submission of application is 31st December 2010.
8. The Examination Fee for candidates in GEN and OBC categories is Rs.600/- and for SC, ST, PD and female candidates in all categories, the fee is Rs. 300/. The examination fee is non-refundable.
9. Please make sure that you fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying for ISAT-2011.
10. The candidate has to choose any three different cities, in the order of preference, from the following 23 cities for allotting Test Centres:

Ahmedabad Chennai Jodhpur Port Blair
Bangalore Dehradun Kolkata Ranchi
Bhubaneswar Delhi Lucknow Thiruvananthapuram
Bhopal Dispur Mumbai Varanasi
Calicut Hyderabad Nagpur Visakhapatnam
Chandigarh Jaipur Patna

IIST reserves the right to drop or change one or more of the cities mentioned above for insufficient number of candidates opted the city as Test Centre or for any other reason. Chairman, ISAT-2011, will do the final allocation of City / Test Centre for the candidates.
11. Options/details once exercised/entered in the ISAT-2011 registration form cannot be changed after online submission of details.
12. Candidates have to note down the ISAT Registration Number made available on successful completion of the ISAT-2011 online registration and submission of details of the candidate and quote the same for all future correspondences with IIST.
13. The candidate has to download and print the challan form in triplicate from the website given above to remit the fee, on completion of the Online Registration process. Fee has to be remitted in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Punjab National Bank (PNB), by using the challan in triplicate. Fee remitted in any other form will not be accepted.
14. The last date of fee remittance is 5th January 2011.
15. The Institute copy of the challan should be sent to “The Chairman, ISAT-2011, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695 547, Kerala” by speed post so as to reach on or before 15th January 2011. The envelope containing the Institute Copy of the challan must be super scribed with the ISAT-2011 Registration number and name of the candidate.
16. Candidates should not send any documents except the Institute copy of the challan to the ISAT office.
17. No acknowledgement card will be sent to the candidates. The status of the application will be displayed on the IIST website or the alternative site on or after 15th February 2011. The candidate can check the status by using the login id (Registration Number) and Password.
18. A candidate can log on to the site by entering “the ISAT Registration Number” as login id and “the password” submitted by the candidate at the time of online submission as the Password.
19. The candidate has to download/print the Hall Ticket from the website. The Hall ticket will contain the assigned Roll Number, details of the allotted Test Centre and other relevant information and assigned space for affixing the candidate’s photograph and signature. The candidate has to:

(a). Paste a recent colour photograph on the space provided in the Hall Ticket

(b). Affix his/her signature on the space provided in the Hall Ticket

(c). Get the Hall Ticket attested from the head of the school/college/institution last studied/studying.
20. The facility for downloading/printing the Hall Ticket will be made available from 20th February 2011 to 31st March 2011.
21. The candidates are required to bring the Hall Ticket for the ISAT-2011 on the day of the admission test without failure. The Invigilator will collect the Hall Ticket on the day of admission test after due verification of the Roll Number, details of the allotted Test Centre and other relevant information.
22. For all enquiries, candidates may visit the IIST website: www.iist.ac.in or the alternative site: http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist/ or use the email address: [email protected] or dial: 0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568479 or fax to 0471-2568480.

Important Dates
Online registration begins from: 8th November 2010
Last date of online Registration: 31st December 2010
Last date of remitting fees: 5th January 2011
Last date of receipt of Institute Copy of Challan: 15th January 2011
First date of displaying status of a candidate: 15th February 2011
Hall Ticket made available on the website for downloading/printing: 20th February 2011 to 31st March 2011
Date of ISAT2011: 16th April 2011 (9.30am to 12.30pm)
Announcement of Results and Publication of Rank: May 2011

Contact Details:

Address of ISAT Office:

The Chairman, ISAT 2011

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology

Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala.

Helpline: 0471-2568477, 2568478, 2568479

Home page : www.iist.ac.in/isat2011

Email: [email protected]

Fax: 0471-2568480
7th March 2011, 07:26 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

you can join isro after completing your b.tech

then you applaied for isro

entrance conducted by isro in the month mar or april
7th March 2011, 09:12 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

The Notification was released.
Last date for receipt of application : 28.2.11.

Eligibility :

B.E/B.Tech or Equivalent in first class with an aggregate minimum 65%(average of all semester).The candidate who are slated to complete B.E/B.Tech course in the academic year 2010-2011 are also eligible to apply provided final year of degree is available by 31.8.11

Age limits :

35 yrs as on 28.2.11
40 yrs for SC/ST candidates.
38 yrs for OBC candidates,Ex-Service and Persons with disabilities are Eligible for age Relaxation as per gov.of India orders.

Visit the website :http://www.isro.gov.in/
27th March 2011, 01:50 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
you can join isro after completing b.tech. isro conducts exam for b.tech passed students. after passing that exam you can join isro. there are several post in isro and elligibility depends on the nature of post. for more information visit- www.isro.org
Thanks
14th April 2011, 11:10 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You need to first have B-tech degree..then you apply for ISRO..........
28th April 2011, 12:23 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
You can join ISRO after completing B.Tech. ISRO conducts exam for B.Tech passed students. Ffter passing that exam you can join ISRO. There are several post in ISRO and elligibility depends on the nature of post.
For more information visit-

www.isro.org.

Thanks.
22nd June 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

i forget my isro roll no. how can i obtain it again???plz help me
1st September 2011, 11:42 PM
sanju38121

ISRO conducts entrance exam for the b.tech students . If you are willing to join ISRO then appear through this test . For more details please check www.isro.org

all the best.
Regards
1st September 2011, 11:45 PM
sanju38121

If you want to get all details about recruitment tests of isro then go to www.isro.org

all the best
regards
1st September 2011, 11:53 PM
sanju38121

For joining ISRO the minimum eligibility criteria is
qualification : graduation from a recognized university

for more information please go to
www.isro.org

all the best
regards
2nd September 2011, 07:37 AM
sanju38121

Sir, you can join isro after b.tech .ISRO conducts an entrance exam for the b.tech students. You may appear in this exam after b.tech
for more information related to exam please visit

www.isro.org

all the best
regards
3rd September 2011, 02:08 AM
saugata2008

The eligibility criteria for ISRO-
1.You have to be a graduate in the notified discipline with 65% marks .
2.Age limit = 21 to 35 years.

There are requirement of so many branches in ISRO like-

1.EEE
2.ECE
3.Avionics
4.Aerospace

For more details visit-

http://www.isro.gov.in/

Thank you
25th October 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am a student of class X who aspire to become a scientist in ISRO .After class XII what are the tests that I will have to pass to enter ISRO as a scientist?
31st October 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

how to apply date trivandram
11th April 2012, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

hi i m interested in joining isro but i missed chance to fill form in time. now is there any way to get into isro? i m 12 passed.
23rd March 2013, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

how to get admission in isro after 12th science exam in 2013
kindly guide me.
23rd March 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

how to get admission in isro after 12th science in 2013
28th March 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

I'm coming to 12th and wish to be a Research Scientist in ISRO.....How to get there ??
9th June 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

i scored 80 in physics ,78 in chemistry and 61 in maths i want to get admisson in isro to study b.space technology how can i get couls u please tell me ?
25th March 2015, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

sir/ma'am
i have just completed my 11th i am very interested in space science.can i have the clear procedure to achieve my goal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?