18th July 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

How to get a job after completing MSc Chemistry?

I completed my m.sc(chemistry) now i want a job so how i will approach

18th July 2012, 07:33 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job after completing MSc Chemistry?

Completing M.Sc in Chemistry is considered as excellent choice because it offers wide range of jobs in government sector. But it does not mean that there are no jobs in private sector. Both sectors offer very good jobs to candidates who have passed M.Sc in Chemistry.

The first option for M.Sc in Chemistry candidates is to take the research field. Many government organizations and Public Sector Undertakings offer various posts related to treatment, research etc. Some of these companies include

ISRO

DRDO

BHABHA

BARC

Advanced Centre for Treatment

The second option in front of you is teaching. You can take up the lecturer job at central or state government universities in India. In order to do so, you will require to appear in the exams called NET and SET.

NET

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. Candidates who are looking for lecturer jobs or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) should take the UGC-NET exam. This national level entrance exam in India is for lecturer aspirants.

ELIGIBILITY

You must have scored at least 55 percent in M.Sc in Chemistry without any roundoff.

If you belong to SC/ST/PH then you are required to secure at least 50 percent marks.

Those who are in final year of post graduate course may also apply however they will be required to submit their degree within 2 years of passing the NET exam.

You can only take up the subject of the post graduate degree in the NET exam.

There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for lecturer job.

The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC gets 5 years extension in the upper age limit.

SET

SET is basically similar to the NET. Each state has its own SET exam and the candidates who pass it successfully are eligible for lecturer jobs within the state.

In the private sector you have plenty of good jobs in the:

Pharmaceutical Industry

Leather Industry

Textile Industry

Jute Industry

All the industries that are related to dye making, toy making, artificial flowers etc. You can also work in Cosmetic industry.
18th July 2012, 08:49 AM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: How to get a job after completing MSc Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my m.sc(chemistry) now i want a job so how i will approach
hi,friend;..

Scope OF M.Sc Chemistry :

This is a post graduate course for chemistry field so that you have wide career in govt sector jobs as well as further studies in India and also get the good respectable jobs in India and abroad.

you can easily go for the research network line for who are interested to work in the research organizations like BARC, ISRO , DRDO etc.

Also you have another opportunity in teaching line ,that if you interested to work in govt colleges or universities for lecture posts and M.Phil, PhD, lecturer ship in the field of science,but for these posts you need to write the entrance exams conducted by the state as well as central govt examinations such as SET and NET exams respectively.

In our india many in IT companies are also offering the job opportunities for these graduates,apart you can apply for all top MNC’s IT companies.
you can apply for higher studies like doctorate degree.

Govt Jobs After M.Sc Chemistry :

After completing the this course you can apply for central govt posts conducted by the UPSC and SSC examinations like;.civil services jobs [ IAS , IPS , IFS ] and defense sector jobs and banking sector jobs etc;.

For these posts the selection processor is based on the entrance exam conducted by the corresponding examination and after qualifying the entrance exam called for personal interview.

Other wise you can apply for public sector companies for various posts [ for treatment, research and education in cancer etc ] in different departments and here following are the some offering public sector companies are,they include;..

= = > ISRO,
= = > DRDO,
= = > Bhabha Atomic research Centre,
= = > Advanced Centre.

These companies are conducted the entrance exam for requiting the various in this organisations.

TEACHERS in ATOMIC ENERGY EDUCATION SOCIETY
the job location is in mumbai

>> J R F in INSTITUTE OF PLASMA AND RESEARCH

the job location is in gandhi nagar

>> senior scientific officer in NIMHANS
the job location is in bangalore

>> JRF in SGPGIMS
the joblocation is in lucknow

>> PROJECT ASSISTANT in THAPAR UNIVERSITY
the joblocation is in patiala

>> SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER IN NEERI
the job location is in nagpur

for more informatoin about job information you can see the daily newspapers....

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]all the best;..[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
18th July 2012, 11:09 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

With a master's degree in this subject you can easily opt for a wide range of jobs-both government and private. You can easily get a job in the following sectors:

1. Food Technology
2. Agriculture
3. Dairy Technology
4. Petrochemical
5. Pharmaceutical Companies
6. Chemical Companies
7. Public Health Sectors

Apart from this you can also give various government jobs conducted by the UPSC. Even jobs in the bank sectors can be a lucrative option too.

The teaching profession is also open for which you can give the UGC NET or SLET exam for the post of a lecturer or for junior research fellowship.

Top recruiters includes DRDO, CSIR, GHCL, Tata Chemical, National Drugs and Chemicals, Galaxy Industrial Corporation, Quantaplast Polymer Pvt Ltd etc.
18th July 2012, 05:42 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi..!!

-->Completing M.sc in chemistry is considered as excellent choice because it offers a govt. jobs in govt. sector.But it does not mean that scope of private sector is less,because both are good.

-->candidates can do jobs after Msc chemistry in companies.Following are the companies:-

*ISRO

*DRDO

*BHABA

*BARC

*advanced center of treatment.

-->You can also go for teaching option but for that you have to clear the exams like NET and SET.

NET stands for national eligibility test.

So,to get a good job you must have to hard work.

All the best...go ahead!!
5th November 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Yes.How to know the vacancy and the written and interview in these sectors?
7th March 2013, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Hw cn appply in pharmaceutical company after m.sc chemistry?
2nd May 2013, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

What is salary in private company after msc chemistry
6th June 2013, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the eligibility to clear IAS test...??????
26th September 2013, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

how get agricultural field after msc chemistry
12th January 2014, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i completed my MSc Polymer chemistry in 2011.i want a job what i will do?
30th January 2014, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

how to get a job in ONGC after completing m.sc in analytical chemistry
3rd February 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi I got 1ly 58% in B.sc. its create any problem in my future? Can I got a government job? Or in industries?now Im doing m.sc chemistry what are the jobs available for me? Or exam? Can I apply for bank exam?
24th July 2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

My qualifications. Is msc. Chemistry. And. bed
In which line I can do job
20th June 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

if i get job in teaching after completing msc in physical chemistry without passing net-set exam?what crietria for that?and what shall i do to get a job?
12th August 2020, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I intrested to appear net exam but my m.sc percentage below 50% what will solution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?