29th April 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

How to get a seat in IIST if I want to become an Astronaut?

i want to become an astronaut . i am attempting for jee to get seat in iist (indian institute of space science and technology)then if i get seat in it and if i get job in isro what should be my next step to become an astronaut???

24th December 2018, 05:51 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get a seat in IIST if I want to become an Astronaut?

IIST (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology) offers the courses B.Tech (Aerospace Engineering), B.Tech (Avionics) and Dual Degree (B.Tech and MS/M.Tech) on the basis of entrance exam JEE Advanced. After completion of your bachelor's in Aerospace with at least 65% aggregate score or CGPA 6.84 on a scale of 10.0, You can appear and crack entrance exam as well Interview held by ISRO. After ISRO recruitment, You will be trained and can become an Astronaut by satisfying their requirements.

Eligibility For IIST Admission
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with at least 75% aggregate score from a recognized board.
- You need to clear entrance exam JEE Advanced with minimum 72 score out of 360 and 6 marks in each of the three subjects out of 120 marks.

Admission Steps For IIST Admission
- Appear and Clear JEE Main entrance exam.
- Appear and Clear JEE Advanced entrance exam.
- Register for IIST admission using JEE Advanced roll number and date of birth.
- Fill the Personal and Academic details in application form.
- Pay application fee online.
- Fill the choices of course.
- During online counselling, Seat Allotment will be given based on Merit Rank, Preferences and Availability of Seats.
- Make a payment of course fees to confirm your allotted seat.

IIST Admission 2019 Dates
- Release Admission Brochure : 07/05/2019
- Online Application Available : 22/05/2019
- Last Date of Application : 05/06/2019
- Publish Merit List : 3rd Week of June, 2019
- Online Choice Filling : 3rd to 4th Week of June, 2019
- IIST Seat Allotment : 4th Week of June to 4th Week of July, 2019
17th February 2023, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get a seat in IIST if I want to become an Astronaut?

will isro themselves train us for flying experience, or prior flying experience is needed before applying to become an astronaut?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?