8th December 2012, 05:33 PM
pragya khator

How to give CLAT exam while doing B.Com

I am a student doing B.com...I want to give CLAT exam in 2013...Can i give that Exam?or Suggest me something Good please....

9th December 2012, 12:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to give CLAT exam while doing B.Com

I think since you are doing Bachelor of Commerce, it would be wise not to attempt CLAT and instead complete your graduation. Once you have B.Com, apply for the LLB 3 years course which is offered by various universities.

The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for government law colleges. However this exam is conducted for candidates who want admission for integrated LLB course also known as BA LLB course.

It would not make sense to leave your graduation in between to apply for law course. You can do the same after completing your graduation as well. The CLAT exam is conducted for candidates who have completed 12th. It is because BA LLB course is for the 12th pass candidates.

On the other hand LLB course is for graduates. The difference between two courses is that BA LLB includes subjects from bachelor course and therefore its duration is 5 years. LLB, since its pursued after graduation, the duration is 3 years.

I would not suggest you to leave the commerce graduation in between and apply for CLAT. But still if you want to do then here is the criteria to apply.

CLAT Eligibility

1. Must have passed Class 12th from recognized board.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks in 12th are required.

3. SC/ST/OBC/PWD need 45 percent marks in 12th.

4. You must have completed 12th at the time of applying and should be able to submit the proof of the same.

5. The age limit for CLAT is 20 years.

6. Age limit for SC/ST/PWD is 22 years.
12th December 2012, 10:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test conducted by reputed Law Institutions for admission to LL.B.(Bachelor of Law) course.

You can purse LL.B. in two ways:- 5 years Integrated Law Degree and 3 years Law Degree.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 20 years can apply for CLAT for admission to 5 years Integrated Law course.

For 3 years LL.B., the candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduaton degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 30 years can apply for CLAT.

So as you are pursing B.Com. you can apply for 5 years LL.B. or after completion of B.Com you can purse LL.B. through appearing and cracking CLAT.
4th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

stbjects of clat exam
4th February 2013, 11:08 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
for giving the CLAT (common law admission test), you need to fill the requirements that you should have cleared your class 12th with a minimum of 50% marks and your age should not be more than 20 years. A relaxation of 2 years is given to the sc/st students.
The course of LL.B can be taken either as a five year course after 12th or a 3 year course after graduation, therefore it is advisable to you that as you are pursuing your bachelors degree, so you should continue doing so and then you should apply for the 3 year course for LL.B
Gud luck
5th February 2013, 11:38 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

Eligible for CLAT exam:

--> Your age should be less than 20 years.
--> this exam you should have minimum 50% in aggregate.

CLAT syllabus :

--> General Knowledge
--> Legal Aptitude
--> English with comprehension
--> Logical Reasoning
--> Current Affairs
--> Elementary Mathematics

All the best..
13th June 2013, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Hello
I have Completed my 10 2 with 57%.
And have joined for B.com...After my graduation i cannot pursue the llb course so.
nw i am interested in Doing Ba.llb in correspondence is it possible or not please clear ma doubt.
18th October 2013, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for clat during graduation
31st January 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing b.com final year. my exam of final year will start on 8th march. can i apply for clat exam 2014.which wii be on 11th may.
5th April 2014, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i have compled 12th with 67% after the graduation i will taken bcom. And now im intrested ballb so what is procudures of in this course
25th June 2014, 03:37 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

After completion of B.Com, you can appear for the CLAT (Common Law Admission test). You need to be a graduate with minimum 50 per cent marks in aggregate. On completion of the course, you can join as an intern in the coIn general, you can apply for the 3 years course. Your merit will be assessed through your CLAT score. The entrance exams will have a paper of 90 minutes containing 150 questions. Some of the prominent institutes are as follow:
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
>> NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
>> National Law Institute University, Bhopal
>> West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
>> National Law University, Jodhpur
>> Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
>> Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
>> Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
>> Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
>> Chanakya National Law University, Patna
>> National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
>> National Law University, Orissa
>> National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi
>> National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam.
22nd May 2015, 01:52 PM
Ronie0309

If you want to pursue law i.e the LLB course then you may not give the CLAT exam.

CLAT is only for students who want to directly do law after 12th standard and enroll in the 5 year LLB course.

Thus you may just enroll for the 3 year LLB course after your graduation in B.Com.
4th June 2015, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Just Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?