14th February 2014, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

How to go in the field of defence officer after appearing in 12th non medical

I am apearing in +2 non medical and i want to go in the field of defence officar and i have no intrest in B.Tec.,which course is better for me after +2

13th May 2015, 06:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to go in the field of defence officer after appearing in 12th non medical

To become an defense officer after 12th with non-medical you have to crack the NDA exams regarding which the information are as here under :-

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and are called as NDA I and NDA II held in the months of April and September respectively .

Also the NDA has three wings which are Indian Army , Indian Air force and Indian Navy .

Eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as :-

* You must be an Indian citizen .

* Your age must not exceed 19 years and must not be below 16.5 years too .

* You must be an unmarried male with full mental and physical fitness .

* You must have done your 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects for your eligibility for all the three wings otherwise you will be only eligible for the Indian Army .

Do not get disappointed if you fail to crack this examination because you will have the another option of Combined Defense Services examinations .This examination is also conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and are known as CDS I and CDS II .

The CDS has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ) , Indian Airforce Academy ( IAF ) , Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) .

The basic qualifications required for appearing in this examination are as :-

* You must have the nationality of India .

* You must be a physical and mentally fie applicant as per the norms of jobs.

* You must have done your graduation with Physics or Mathematics or engineering course for eligibility for all the wings .Otherwise you have the option of only IMA and OTA .

* The lower age limit for each wings 19 years and the upper age limit for different as 22 years , 23 years , 24 years & 25 years for NA , IAF , IMA , OTA respectively .

For more information log on to www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?