8th August 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

How to join Army after completing BSc with PCM

sir, i completed BSc with physics chemistry & maths in 2003. i joined Army as clk since 2004.what course i can do?

9th August 2013, 11:09 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to join Army after completing BSc with PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i completed BSc with physics chemistry & maths in 2003. i joined Army as clk since 2004.what course i can do?
As you are doing job in Indian Army as a clerk, so you can apply for the post of officer through departmental exams only. The various entries through which you can apply are ACC, PC(SL) and SCO.

Procedure of Applying
A notification regarding the above entry schemes come to your department every year. When the notification comes you have to approach your commanding officer. Your CO then forward your application to Head quarter and then you are interviewed by the commanding officer. The interview is basically taken to check whether you are suitable to go for the officer examination or not.
If selected then you will be called for the SSB examination which can take place any of the SSB centres i.e ALLAHABAD, BHOPAL or Bangalore.

Education Qualification
You have to be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. There is not any cut off marks required, but if there are more number of candidates then Army decide cutoff for the candidates to be called for the interview.

For more information you can approach your JCO or any senior officer of your department.
9th August 2013, 11:54 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Army after completing BSc with PCM

For joining Indian Army on the basis of Graduation you have to apply for Combined Defense Services Examination. This exam is conducted by UPSC and you have to beat competition to get job in Indian Army as Officer.

Age Limit for CDS Exam:

Indian Air Force Academy: 19 - 23 years

Indian Naval Academy : 19 - 22 years

Indian Military Academy : 19 -24 years

Officers' Training Academy : 19 -25 years

Selection Procedure:

The selection is on merit and you have to perform very well in the Written Exam, SSB and Medical examination.

Exam Pattern of CDS:

For more information visit http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
9th August 2013, 01:43 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After completing B.Sc. with PCM, one can join Indian Army through cracking CDS entrance exam:-

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Military Academy of CDS, must be an Indian unmarried Male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree in any stream or pass from a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th August 2013, 07:42 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you have a choice to join in Indian Army after B.Sc with PCm through the CDS Examination

CDS Stands Combined Defence Service

CDS exam is conducted by Union Public service Commission twice in a year i.e CDS I & CDS II

CDS exam conducted following services

Indian Military Academy

Officers Training Academy

Indian Navy Academy

Indian Air Force Academy

Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Indian Military Academy / Officers Training Academy : Candidates must be complete Degree from a recognized university or any equivalent

Candidates age limit between 19 to 24 years for Indian Military Academy

Candidates age limit between 19 to 25 years for Officers Training Academy

Indian Navy Academy : Candidates must be complete Engineering (OR) B.Sc with physics & Mathematics from a recognized university

Candidates age limit between 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy : Candidates must be complete Degree from a recognized University & complete 12th stands with Physics , Mathematics (OR) Bachelor of Engineering from a recognized University

Candidates age limit between 19 to 23 years

Selection Process :

Written Test

SSB Interview

Medical Test
12th August 2013, 05:28 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend....

first you can apply for the CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

CDS - I

CDS - II

CDS has four wings:

Indian Military Academy

Indian Air force

Indian Naval

Officer Training

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

You should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

Percentage not required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age Limit:

Indian Military Academy:

19 to 24 years.

Indian Naval:

19 to 22 years.

Indian Air force:

19 to 23 years.

Officer Training:

19 to 25 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Female candidates are eligible for the Officer Training recruitment.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

Medical Test

All the best........
18th May 2018, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

After doing Bsc PCM we can join Indian army officer or no and what is the last age for it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?