16th January 2013, 12:29 AM
murugappanv

How to join engineering corps in India Army?

how to join as engineering corps in indian army?i like to work as a technisian in indian army involving in engineering works . i dont want to be in war field .i just wish to support the soldiers in technical means .help me to find my path?

16th January 2013, 12:58 PM
siddharthawasthi

Default Re: How to join engineering corps in India Army?

hiiii..
indian army recruit genarly through the commisions,,
for engineering one is MES i.e military engineering services.
you can apply through it.
and in every session indian army open vacancies for the engineers so you need to check out the indian army website time to time to get update..
one thing i know more about this is that if you enter through commision then latter on you have the opportunity to get into the technical branches of military..
16th January 2013, 01:31 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to join engineering corps in India Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugappanv View Post
how to join as engineering corps in indian army?i like to work as a technisian in indian army involving in engineering works . i dont want to be in war field .i just wish to support the soldiers in technical means .help me to find my path?
You can join Indian Army as an officer in the engineering corps through direct entry schemes. A candidate having degree in engineering in respective discipline or equivalent qualification are called for the Service selection board (SSB) exam directly. The qualification required for engineering corps of Indian Army is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate should have a degree in engineering in any of the following branch Civil (including Mining / Construction), Electrical (including Electrical & Electronics), Mechanical (including Industrial / Industrial Engineering & Management), Automobile Engineering / Workshop Technology , Production (including Manufacturing / Metallurgical / Metallurgy & Explosives), Rubber Technology / Plastic Technology / Textiles, Electronics (including Electronics & Instrumentation / Micro Electronics & Microwave / Opto Electronics), Communication / Telecommunication (Including ECE / Electronics & Communication), Architecture / Building Constr Technology, Computer Science & Engg / Computer Science / M.Sc (Computer).

Entries
The various entries through which you can apply are given below:
>TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE (TGC)

>SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION(SSC)

The notification for both the entry schemes are published twice in a year. To know about the latest recruitment you have to visit at the officer section in web site http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/

Age Limit
Candidate applying for the above entries should have age between 18-27 years.
16th January 2013, 06:12 PM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as joining engineering corps in India Army is concern A candidate having degree in engineering in respective discipline or equivalent qualification are called for the Service selection board (SSB) exam directly. The qualification required for engineering corps of Indian Army is given below:
Age Limit
Candidate applying for the above entries should have age between 18-27 years.

good luck....
5th May 2013, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am from kashmir i have diploma in (wood technology ) in polytechnic course is there any job opportunity in indian army.....if there is please contact [email protected]
31st May 2013, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

hi
myself Ajay Lakhotra. i passed automobile diploma in Research & Development centere polytechnic college.
Please if any selection of army is held then told me on [email protected]
3rd June 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

My eye power is -2.5 cn i join army by any path...like engineering ??
20th June 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

i am rahul, completed my BE in computer science from karnataka.i would like to know the job oppurtunites in indian army, navy,airforce...kindly inform thru my [email protected]
9th August 2013, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am anurag and want to join indian army after B.E.for mechanical engineering .
please give path for aply in it.
31st July 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

hi
myself Jatinder Singh Dhillon. i passed computer diploma in polytechnic college.
Please if any selection of army is held then told me on [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?