11th August 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

How to join Hotel Management degree course?

Sir, i want to join a hotel management degree course so plzzzz tell me which type of question are coming in b.sc hotel management degree course.and plzz help me in entrance exam of hotel management

9th August 2012, 02:04 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Hotel Management degree course?

You can take up any subjects in 12th class level to apply for this course. 50% marks in 12th class is necessary to apply for the same. You need to appear for entrance exams so as to get admission for the same. The entrance exam will require you to prepare on aptitude subjects. Subjects included in this entrance exam are language skills, GK, reasoning, numerical ability etc.
8th November 2013, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Which language
7th January 2014, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Hiii,
I wanted to join hotel management course bt aftr 12th i hv 2 yrs of gap do i hv any possibility to join this course & ma 2 nd que is aftr doing this course of 4 yrs hv any opportunity to get a good job with well salary
27th June 2014, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Hello 'sir what is a qualifications for hotel management what group i was take in degree sir.
17th July 2014, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Sr iam just pass 12th class and iam interested in hotel line and suggest which kind course .
27th September 2018, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

I am Btech student but i am very interested in hotel management course so please help me what are the next steps have to do to study hotel management like which exams i have to apply to get admission in good college
8th October 2018, 02:31 PM
swap_01

With the growth of globalization, there is a huge growth in the hospitality sector and eventually, the tourism industry as well. With India as one of the most popular travel destinations, the government is quite encouraging and investing in the industry’s development. To know more about scope and career in hotel management, keep reading.

The hotel industry is a significant part of the hospitality industry with a heavy growth potential in the coming future. There is a huge demand for the hotel management professionals and is also expected to grow more as with the increase in a number of hotels coming up in India and all over the world.

Jobs in hotel management include several skills like service for food and beverage, operation at the front office, sales, and marketing, accounting etc. There are several government colleges and private institutes in India which provide certification courses, diploma or degree courses in hotel management.

Eligibility Criteria:

Minimum qualification is 10+2. And based on the cost and duration of the course, you can opt for a certificate, a diploma or a degree course.

Certificate courses could be of 6 months to 1-year duration, a diploma is of two years and a degree course of 3-year duration.

The selection process for government recognized colleges and institutes are conducted via common entrance tests held in April every year. The test has multiple choice questions in English, Reasoning, General Science, and General knowledge.

A group discussion and an interview are conducted out to assess the personality and aptitude of the candidate before he or she gets selected for the hotel management course. Private institutes also conduct tests for selection of candidates.

Personal qualities

Candidates must be very hardworking and must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to handle disputes or criticism with patience. He or she should be co-operative, polite and respectful towards the guests in every situation.

Job Prospects

There are several exciting jobs opportunities for graduates in hotel management with an increase in competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments like the Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Sales and Marketing, Accounting, Engineering or Maintenance, Security etc. one can choose for a field in accordance to their liking and pursue a career and become successful in it.

Check out for a walk in interview jobs in hotel management.

Design Your Career

Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma holders or graduates can find good jobs in the following:

Airline catering and Cabin Services

Management in Clubs

Hospital administration and catering

Hotel and Tourism Associations

Hospitality services in Indian Navy

Cruise Ship

Hospitality services in the MNCs

Guest Houses, resorts

Catering departments in the railways, banks, shipping companies etc.

Hotel and catering institutes

Forest lodges

Self-employment

Salary

After completion of a diploma course or a degree course in Hotel Management, you can get into the job as a trainee and then fit into various positions after completing the training. The salary for an entry-level position is about Rs.7000 to Rs.10,000 and later increases as the experience grows in the field.
9th October 2018, 04:17 PM
swap_01

Design Your Career

Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management diploma holders or graduates can find good jobs in the following:

Airline catering and Cabin Services

Management in Clubs

Hospital administration and catering

Hotel and Tourism Associations

Hospitality services in Indian Navy

Cruise Ship

Hospitality services in the MNCs

Guest Houses, resorts

Catering departments in the railways, banks, shipping companies etc.

Hotel and catering institutes

Forest lodges

Self-employment

Salary

After completion of a diploma course or a degree course in Hotel Management, you can get into the job as a trainee and then fit into various positions after completing the training. The salary for an entry-level position is about Rs.7000 to Rs.10,000 and later increases as the experience grows in the field.

Hotel Management Entrance Exams in India

• National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE)

• Institute of Hotel Management (IHMs) Joint Entrance Examination for B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration

• Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)

• Chandigarh Inst. of Hotel Management Admission Test

• IITM – Indian Inst. of Tourism and Travel Management Exams

• Inst. of Hotel Management Aurangabad Admission test

• MAH-HM-CET Maharashtra Hotel Management Common Entrance Test

• IHM Meerut Admissions Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?