23rd August 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force after B.tech (CSE)?

i have completed b.tech engineering in computer science, i have done my cpl training in usa holding a FAA & DGCA cpl licence, please inform how to get into indian air force as a pilot officer

manoj milan grandhi

26th August 2011, 05:56 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after B.tech (CSE)?

IAF primary responsibility is to secure INDIAN Air Space and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict.

Citizens of India can join the Air force in Three Branches:
They are:
Flying
Technical
Ground branch

Engineering students can join Air force team after undergoing the selection procedure.As to join the flying branch candidates has to pass the NDA or the CDSE exam conducted by the UPSC.

Male candidates have to pass the Pilot Aptitude Battery Tese (PABT).If the candidate is selected in this then the selection process is followed by two machine test , which include Synchronization and psychomotor skill test.

After passing these tests candidates have to undergo rigorous training in one of th Airforce Institute.After that they are taken into office post.
26th August 2011, 06:47 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Candidate (both Male or Female Indian citizen) first of all should not be married and must have age between 19 to 23 years.

Candidate should have a first class graduation degree and should have Physics and Maths at 10+2 level OR candidate should be a BE/ Btech graduate . Final year students can also apply for this job, provided they would be able to qualify for a degree.

Height of the Candidate should be a minimum of 162.5 cms and leg length should be in the range of 99 cms and 120 cms.

Candidate should have a visibility of 6/6 and must not be wearing spectacles

Candidates Meet all the above requirements and are eligible and think themselves fit for this post have to apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in English in the prescribed format and post the application to the address given below by ordinary post
for candidate from far-flung areas), superscribing the envelope : 6 SSC (M)/ 35 SSC (W) F (P) Course (as applicable)

Post Bag No. 001, Nirman Bhawan Post Office, New Delhi-110106

Good luck...
26th August 2011, 07:11 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Flying branch ::

For this you have to take CDSE exam which is conducted by UPSC twice a year to select
students to ARMY,AIR FORCE AND NAVY

Eligibility for AIR FORCE ::

You must have passed your bachelor degree and have got physics and mathematics as
subject in class 12th .
You must be between 21 to 23 years of age

Technical branch ::

You can get entry here through UES entry scheme which is direct entry to the AIR
FORCE.If you are eligible for it then you will get call for SSB directly there is no written
exam .

Eligibility ::
Must have passed BE / B Tech degree course with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate .
There must be No backlog.
You should be between 18 to 28 years
26th August 2011, 08:15 PM
dhruv007

3. Engineer

ImageThe Indian Air Force calls for enthusiastic and committed engineers to become a part of the Indian Air Force team. Candidates short-listed after the initial selection procedure, go through a rigorous training regimen at one of the Air Force training establishments. Thereafter, they are commissioned as officers and embark on a glorious and fulfilling career.

As an Engineer, you can soar into a rewarding and challenging career in the Indian Air Force. You can even join the Technical Branch in your final or pre-final year of engineering through the University Entry Scheme.
26th August 2011, 09:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed b.tech engineering in computer science, i have done my cpl training in usa holding a FAA & DGCA cpl licence, please inform how to get into indian air force as a pilot officer

manoj milan grandhi
dear friend,

You can apply for the Aeronautical Engineers Course in both Electronics and Mechanical branch in the Indian Air Force.

Eligibility:

you should be minimum 17 and max age is 25

Educational Qualification:

you should have Degree in Engineering in Electronics/Telecom/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Instrumentation/Computer Science branch from recognized institute .

Selection Process:

The selection process includes both written examination and personal interview with the selection committee.

For more information visit http://careerairforce.nic.in

All the best
1st September 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.E in cse and looking for air force..now its sept,so how and when to apply and when do the forms are available..please do reply sir..thank u.
29th September 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying b.tech 3rd year in c.s.e... sir i intrested in air force.how to join the air force? how many collage in a.p? how to apply sir?
5th October 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of computer science and engineering 5th semester...i want to know how to get into the IAF...i.e. about the examination procedure and how to(or where to) prepare for that exam...its important for me to know because i am a female and have heard that females are not recruited in the IAF....please help me out....
6th October 2011, 08:14 AM
sidbond

There are three categories to go to

Flying branch ::

For this you have to take CDSE exam which is conducted by UPSC twice a year to select
students to ARMY,AIR FORCE AND NAVY

Eligibility for AIR FORCE ::

You must have passed your bachelor degree and have got physics and mathematics as
subject in class 12th .
You must be between 21 to 23 years of age

Technical branch ::

You can get entry here through UES entry scheme which is direct entry to the AIR
FORCE.If you are eligible for it then you will get call for SSB directly there is no written
exam .

Eligibility ::
Must have passed BE / B Tech degree course with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate .
There must be No backlog.
You should be between 18 to 28 years

Ground Duty- Same as NDA
30th October 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech student(girl) and my stream is computer science .so can i apply for the pilot ? if yes,how?
3rd January 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i have secured just 49% in 12th class but have done btech with 62% in information technology can i apply for flying department in air force
29th January 2012, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my b.tech cse with lower 60 percent marks, can i also apply for airforce,army or navy. Please advise me
14th March 2012, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my b.tech with 65%,but my branch is IT, CAN I APPLY FOR INDIAN AIR FORCE
28th April 2012, 06:52 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

<center></center>

Yes you can join indian airforce being a candidate of b.tech graduate but you need to apply CDS exam.

CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

Those candidates who are applying is must complete their any graduation from a recognised university

Candidate must be a citizen of india.

Candidate should be physically fit.

Age criteria:

Age limits is not less than 19years and not more than 24years.

Selection procedure:
Written exam,
Interview,
Medical test.

For further details please visit the official website of UPSC

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck.
5th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re:i am a m.com with 70% can i apply for the indian air force

i am a finshed my MBA with 75% can i apply for the indian air force
21st January 2013, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i am doing B.E. CSE i joined through lateral entry and i didnt studied 12th . how can i join IAF
25th August 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

what are the career options in the aerocraft engineering is it aircraft engineering & aeronautical engineering are equal?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?