22nd November 2012, 09:25 PM
deep roshan

How to join Indian Air Force after passing NDA exam

i did not pass in the nda exam,if any other examination to join indian air force?send me details about those examinations?

23rd November 2012, 02:16 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing NDA exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep roshan View Post
i did not pass in the nda exam,if any other examination to join indian air force?send me details about those examinations?
After 12th it was NDA. For which you haven't cleared the exam But don't worry you have ample of opportunities ahead to full fill your dreams.

As an engineering you can apply for Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground duty Branch.

Flying Branch: After your graduation you can go for Flying branch through CDSE exam. Your age must be in between 19 to 23 years (at the time of commencement of course)

Technical Branch: For technical branch you can go for UES Entry scheme only for candidates studying in Pre-Final year of B-tech/BE degree course and AFCAT which is after Engineering degree and these entries are every year being conducted.

Ground Duty Branch:
Three categories are there one Administrative branch which required graduates with 60%. And have to apply for permanent Commission (for Men) / Short Service Commission (for Men & Women)

Others are Accounts branch and Logistics branch, which required same above eligibility criteria.

Note:Candidates short listed in NDA exam or any above entries need to go for SSB in different places on their SSB timings. After clearing SSB only you are allowed to get into any entry.

Regards
Deepak Kumar
23rd November 2012, 08:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing NDA exam

I am B.A.complet can i give the upsc exam?
23rd November 2012, 02:31 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

HI,
You can join NDA by taking the exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is conducted twice a year in all major cities throughout India.

Eligibility Criteria
Age - 16 ½ to 19 years (at the time of commencement of course)
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Men only
Educational Qualifications - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. Students appearing in final year are also eligible to apply.
Advertisement Schedule - May and December. (Advertisement is released by UPSC. Visit www.upsc.gov.in)
23rd November 2012, 04:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

NDA conducted in Three Wings:
  1. Indian Army
  2. Indian Navy
  3. Indian Air Force

A candidate who are interested in defense system can join NDA on the following Qualification basis......

>> A candidate must have completed their 12th science with Mathematics subject with at least 60% from recognized board exam......

>> Only Unmarried male are eligible for NDA....

>> A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA....

Age Limit:

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years

Exam Procedure:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview & Physical Test

If you are Qualify in the NDA exam then you have to choose the branch of Defense which you are interested to join.....

Then you have to go for the Physical test for That branch.....

Physical Requirement for Air Force:

>> Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes.

>> He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP-III.

>> Should recognize red and green colours.

>> A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.

>> Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 Cms expansion.

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
23rd November 2012, 04:57 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

As you mentioned that you could not pass NDA exam to get into Indian Air Force so I
conclude that you must have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths. subjects.

Other than NDA, you can join Indian Air Force in future through any one of the following
entry schemes.

=> Airmen (Group-X)
You can apply for this exam if you have at least 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2(PCM).
The permissible age is 17-22 years.

Other than above you can join Indian Air Force after graduation.

=> Through CDSE
The Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by UPSC.
This exam is conducted for all the wings of defence.
For air force, qualification required is bachelor degree (with Physcis and Maths. at 10+2 level)
or Bachlor of Engieering.
The permissible age is 19-23 years.

=> If you undergo B.E. after 12th then you can apply for University Entry Scheme during
prefinal year of B.E..
The permissible age is 18-25 years for married candidates and 18-28 years for unmarried
candidates.
Also you can apply for Aeronatical Engineering (ELectronics/Mechanical) after passing
B.E. in the mentioned engineering branch or related to that.
The age criteria is same as University Entry Scheme.

Refer the Air Force career website.
http://careerairforce.nic.in/
24th November 2012, 04:03 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing NDA exam

Quote:
HI FRIEND,

Indian Air Force

If you are aspiring to join Indian Air Force then you should have to apply for NDA examination and for that you have to fulfill the following Qualification....
[B]

## A candidate must have completed their 12th Science from Recognized board.

## Only Unmarried Male can apply for it.

## Age of candidate must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

## A candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA.

Exam pattern:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main exam
  3. Personal interview and Physical Test

Physical Requirement:
  1. A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health. Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 Cms expansion. Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes.
  2. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP-III. Should recognize red and green colours.
  3. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points. Should not have disease like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocle or piles
6th March 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

If i get pass in the NDA examination then what i have to do ?
23rd March 2013, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I face PABT exams in the IAF to become an officer in flying branch after passing NDA examination?
23rd March 2013, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I have to face PABT after passing NDA exam?
10th August 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
i've completed my 2 at age of 17, and now, i was doing my B.E. I'm 18 now, so am i be eligible to write the NDA exam on April '14?? My DOB is 12th March 1995. As I heard that, I must be exactly or less than 19 when i join in training. Please help me sir, thank you.
11th August 2013, 12:20 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello dear

if you didn't clear nda exam then no offence, all the doors have been closed

you have another option after graduation , options or areas to join air force are :

1. flying branch
after graduation you can go for flying branch by clearing cds exam, age limit is 19-23 yr

2. technical branch
you can apply to this branch through university entry scheme. final year students allowed to apply

3.ground duty
any graduate can apply who have minimum 60 % in graduation, there is short service comission as well as permanent service comission

all the best
11th August 2013, 01:25 AM
Chola15
Junior Member+

Freind after passing the NDA examination you will get the call for the SSB which is the second procedure of selection in the NDA examinationso if you like to join indian army then you need to have the qualificication for the same.
So to apply for the NDA examination you need to have the eligibility criteria which is as follows-
First of all if you are 12th pass in any stream then you are able to apply for the NDA examination in indian army.
If you are 12th pass with physics and mathematics then you are eligible to apply for the air force and indian navy.
Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.
You are not provided the age relaxation because its not for the defence services.
To apply for the same most important thing you need to be male candidate and unmarried.
there is a simple selection procedure so these are as follows-
Written test.
SSB.
MEdical examination.
For more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in
Thank you.
11th August 2013, 01:58 AM
Chola15
Junior Member+

Definitely after 12th only you are eligible for the NDA not after graduation so just apply for the same because 12th is the basic qualification required for the same if you are going for the indian army.
After 12th in physics and maths you can apply for the air force and naval academy.
If no physics and maths then indian army is there for you.
You must have the age requirement as follows-
16.5 to 19 years of age.
Selection procedure is as follows-
-Written examination.
SSB interview.
Medical examination.
If you qualify all the stages then you will get the opportunity to join the defence services.
For more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in
Thank you.
12th August 2013, 11:21 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After passing NDA examination you will undergo Graduation from the National Defense Academy in Khadakvasla, Maharashtra.

Only PCM students are eligible for Indian Air Force. So make sure that you have these subjects in 10+2.

After completion for Graduation from the Academy you will undergo training in Indian Air Force for officer post. After completion of training you will become officer in Indian Air Force.

The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19 years and only unmarried male can apply for this exam. It is conducted by UPSC twice in year.

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

You must have the required physical fitness otherwise you will not be considered for the selection.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

15th June 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,i passed my 12th with good,marks,,but i am female i would like to join in indian air force is there any chance?
18th June 2014, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Dear,Sir i wants to join the Indian Air Force as a fighter piolt,but it is problem my eye vision is low.sir it is my dream of life.please tell me that can join IAF
27th March 2015, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

How do I prepare for nda (air force) at home? Both study and physically?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?