8th July 2012, 12:19 PM
chethan.J.L.

How to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce?

....[B]how to join indian airforce after commrce?...please tell me how to join it

9th July 2012, 02:46 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce?

If you have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics then you can
find your way to Indian Air Force through Combined Defence Service Examination.
Through CDS examination appointment is done in the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force.

You can also apply for all Ground Duty Branch jobs i.e. in the Administrative Branch,
Accounts Branch, Logistics Branch.

The CDS examination is conducted by UPSC generally twice a year.

The recruitment to Ground Duty Branches are done through AFCAT conducted by Air Force.

The advertisements for AFCAT are generally published in June and December months.
The advertisements are published in Employment News and in leading national dailies.
http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/

Advertisement for CDSE is published in the Employment News and on UPSC official website.
http://upsc.gov.in/
9th July 2012, 02:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you can join indian air force by applying nda exam after 12th standard with pcm subject.

nda exam is conducted into three wings by upsc.
1-indian army
2-indian navy
3-indian air force

Eligibility for NDA exam:-
Candidates who are willing to join Army wing must be 12th passed in any stream.
Candidates who are willing to join Air force & Navy must be 12th passed in science stream
Those candidates who are going to appear in final exam can also apply for that.
Candidates must be unmarried.
Age limit- Candidates must be 16 1/2 years & must not be more than 19 years.
Exam pattern:-
Selection of candidates in different wings will be based on NDA exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC.
The exam is divided into 2 parts first Mathematics 300 marks & second General ability 600 marks
part A- English & Part B- General awareness
Gk divides into parts-physics,chemistry,general science,geography,& current events.
Questions asked from these subjects:-MATHS,ENGLISH,GENERAL KNOWLEDGE,CHEMISTRY,GEOGRAPHY,PHYSICS,BIOLOGY,
First complete your 12th class then apply for it.

for more-
upsc.gov.in
or
indianairforce.in
9th July 2012, 04:41 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the indian air force. Because the commerce students not eligible for the indian air force exam. The candidate need the mathematics physics and chemistry subjects for intermediate from any recognized university.

To become indian air force officer you can crack the CDS exam. The CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

To apply this air force you can satisfy the below criteria then you got the job of indian air force.

The candidate should complete the graduation with science stream from any recognized university. The candidate need the physics chemistry and mathematics subject in 12th standard. And there is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

The age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years. There is no upper age relaxation for the obc and sc/st categories.

To eligible this exam the male candidates do not married candidates are eligible. And the girls are not eligible for this exam.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

The selection process conducted in three ways the selection process will be the sequence process of below

Written test

SSB Interview

Medical Test

first you can write the Written test the written test should be in the object type questions and then you can qualify this written test you can go for the interview. You selected in interview you can go for the medical test then you can selected for the indian air force.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
9th July 2012, 06:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Your question is not clear. You did not properly mention whether you passed class 12 or completed your graduation. But i am assuming that you have got a bachelor's degree so i am trying to answer accordingly. To join air force you can give the CDS Entrance Exam.

CDS Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria:

You can give this exam to join:
>Indian Military Academy
>Naval Academy
>Air Force Academy

Eligibility Criteria to join different academy are as follows:

For indian military academy: >>You should have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
>>Your age should be between 19-24 years.

For naval academy: >>You should have a B.Sc degree in physics or mathematics or a B.Tech degree.
>>Your age should be between 19-22 years.

For air force academy: >>You should have a B.Tech degree or a B.Sc degree in physics or mathematics.
>>Your age should be between 19-22 years.

Exam Pattern:

[IMG][/IMG]

Physical Criteria:

[IMG][/IMG]

Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2012, 08:24 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chethan.J.L. View Post
....[B]how to join indian airforce after commrce?...please tell me how to join it
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are nt eligible for Indian Air force after passing 12th with commerce stream.

After passing 12th with commerce stream you can join Indian Army. For join Indian Army after passing 12th you have to qualify the National Defence Academy exam.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year in month of April and August.
N.D.A. Exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice.

Eligibility criteria for N.D.A exam:-
> Pass 12th with any stream from recognized board.
> Age limit should be above 16.5year and below 19 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit (no major surgery)

There are three stages of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

GOOD LUCK!
9th July 2012, 10:24 PM
gokuls1

heey dear,
if you have passed 10+2 with PCM group, then you can
find your way to Indian Air Force through Combined Defence Service Examination or AFCAT exam.You can apply for all Ground Duty Branch jobs i.e. in the Administrative Branch,
Accounts Branch, Logistics Branch, technical branch n flying branch.The CDS n AFCAT examination is conducted by UPSC generally twice a year.
for more info visit:
http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
http://upsc.gov.in
BEST LUCK.....!!!!
9th July 2012, 11:59 PM
karbonn25

Hi...friend

i have to say one thing that is bad to you

you are not eligible to give airforce exam with commerce

why because if you go for airforce

then you studied complusory subjects as maths and physics or chemistry

so you are not eligible to this exam

but you have a other choice i.e.,

first complete graduation in any stream then come to CDS exam

it consists of navy ,airforce and army

if you qualify in that exam then they will send you in any of them

any way good luck..
10th July 2012, 05:06 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend.............

you are not eligible for NDA With Commerce stream

the eligibility criteria for NDA Examination is

you must complete you 10+2 from recognisized institution with mathematics one of the subject in 10+2

and you are must citizen of India

and you are age between 16-5 to 19 years only

if you are married you are eligible for this , because only un married candidate are eligible for this

thanking you

all the best

regards
tash,............................
12th July 2012, 01:32 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend...

No you are not eligible to apply for INDIAN AIR FORCE with commerce. The candidate must have maths,physics and chemistry as the subjects in 12th standard examination.

If you want to join in AIR FORCE you need to appear for the NDA exam this exam is conducted by the two times in a year.

NDA have three wings those are:

1.AIR FORCE

2.ARMY

3.NAVY

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM:

1.Candidate should complete 12th standard from a recognized university

2.Age limit for this exam is 16.5 to 19 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

4.Only unmarried male candidates are applicable

5.Candidate should be physically fit

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.Written exam

2.Interview

3.Medical Test

If you want more information about this exam please visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST.....
21st July 2012, 07:26 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

First of all i would like to tell you that your question is not clear as you have just mentioned that you have passed commerce but it doesn`t reflect your educational qualification from any point of view , but after all these , i have answered your questioned based on two educational qualification , either you have passed +2 with commerce as your stream or you have completed your graduation with commerce , you are not eligible to join Indian Air force as you must have Science as you main stream in your educational career . So , my dear friend sorry to say that you cannot become an Officer of Indian Air Force.

The Other Eligibility Criteria that are required to join the Indian Air Force are ;

* You must have completed your +2 exam with a minimum of 45% marks from any recognized board.

* You must have Physics , chemistry and mathematics as your compulsory subjects in 12th.

* Your age must be in between 16.5-19 if appearing for NDA otherwise should be in between 16.5-21 years.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
26th July 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

hi, i have passed 12th from u.p.board securing 73% in commerce stream.so,how can i join as officer in any wing of army.
26th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

can you tell me ncc c certificate holder are eligible for direct entry in indian air force and age limite
9th October 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I am in 1st year in collage can in join indian air force. And in pass my 12th from commerce & computer and I got 62% in 12th std.
19th November 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am B.com-2yer student. Can girl join Air Force?
1st December 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join indian navy10th passed 45% secure
2nd December 2012, 07:34 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce?

Quote:
Hi

As you would know that the Indian Air Force is a wing of Defense services in India and it validly exists for every other country. Every defense services consists of 3 wings namely :

ARMY, NAVY AND AIR FORCE.

Indian Air Force recruits/ in takes candidates based on their performance in the Entrance exam which is organized and conducted for this purpose.

NDA - National Defense Academy is the exam that is conducted twice every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Its held in April and August. If you wish to take part in this exam, then at first you have to go through the Eligibility Criteria for the same :-

->> You should be an unmarried male citizen of India

->> Your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years. No relaxation if provided for the same.

->> You should be a 12th passed/appeared candidate from a recognized school.

->> ONLY Science students can apply for the Air Force/Navy, BUT Commerce students can apply for ONLY ARMY!

->> Physical and Mental fitness is a must to participate in this exam.

So if you find yourself eligible for this, Please Click Here to apply for it. The Notification for the NDA April exam would be out very soon.

NOTE that you CANNOT apply for the Air Force after passing Commerce ! But ARMY is open for you!
If you want to visit the website of the UPSC, Click Here.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
3rd December 2012, 05:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned your academic qualification.

So if you have completed 12th Commerce, it will not be possible to join Indian Air Force through NDA(National Defence Academy) because the criteria is the candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th level.

If you have completed Graduation in Commerce, you will be eligible to apply for AFCAT in order to join Indian Air Force.

AFCAT - Air Force Common Admission Test conducted by Air Force for selection of officer in Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation Degree with 60% marks within the age of 20 to 23 years for Ground Duty Branch with good Physical and mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
12th December 2012, 06:56 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce?

Quote:

hi friend,

~ A candidate must have completed their 12th Science from Recognized board.

~ Only Unmarried Male can apply for it.

~ Age of candidate must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

~ A candidate must have a citizenship of INDIA.

Exam pattern:
  1. Prelim Exam
  2. Main exam
  3. Personal interview and Physical Test

all the best.....
6th May 2013, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can i join iaf,, 11 std to 12std science scream about 59.40 something... After 12 i ve studied bba gratude completed. I ve 24 yrs running. Can i join airmen force plz tell me
1st July 2013, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed 10 2 in commerce stream and doing b. com final. I am 19 yrs and want to join IAFas logistics officer on completion.am I eligible if yes what is criteria and pay and perks and other conditions ??????
11th August 2013, 01:29 AM
Chola15
Junior Member+

You can only join indian air force after graduation in commerce because after BCOM you will be able to apply for the Ground duty branch of the indian air force in accounts department.
For that you need to score 60% aggregate in graduation.
You can also apply for the administration department because there is a requirement of graduation in any discipline with 60% marks aggregate.
To apply for the same you need to go for the AFCAT examination after graduation so you need to apply for the same.
AFCAT means air force common aptitude test.
This is conducted by the indian air force every year, so keep an eye on thenotification to apply for the same.
For ground duty branch age needs to be 23 years maximum and 20 years minimum.
If you are 12th pass then you cannot apply for the air force because there is a need of the physics and mathematics in the examination for the same.
So it will be better to apply for the same after graduation in commerce.
For more details log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in
thank you.
11th August 2013, 03:48 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

## You have not mention about the Educational Level which you have passed out whether it is Higher Secondary (OR) Bachelor course in course in the filed of Commerce. but, Sorry to say that You are not eligible for Air Force, There is no any way which can lead you to the Air Force wings......

## There is no any Hope for Air Force but, if you are wishing to join Indian Defense Service in any other Wings then you can apply for the Military wings, If you have completed your 12th Commerce then you have to apply for the NDA Exam and IF you have completed your Graduation then you have to apply for the CDS Examination...

## For the NDA Exam a candidate must have completed at least their 12th std. from recognized Board exam....

## Age Criteria for NDA is minimum age should be at least 16 1/2 years. and maximum age should not exists 19 years, No any Relaxation for any Reserved category student.....

## A candidate must be Unmarried Male candidate..

:::: CDS ::::

## For CDS exam a candidate should have completed their Graduation in any of the Discipline can apply for the CDS Exam....

## All is just a candidate have to passed out their Graduation Degree in any Discipline from the Recognized Universities No any Percentages Criteria......

Age Criteria:-
  • For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  • For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  • For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  • For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years.

With Regards.....
DHARM
11th August 2013, 10:03 PM
arpina

HELLO,

Following criteria to join Indian Air Force after passing commerce,

1.The candidate must have graduation Degree in any Discipline from the Recognized Universities
2.Your age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years
3.No any Relaxation for any Reserved category
4.No any Percentages Criteria
5.Only Unmarried Male can apply.

Good luck......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?