7th December 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army while studying B.Com?

sir, i m Second Year B.com student. I would like to join Indian Army. what are the procedures of applying ? and what preparations should i make so that my entry will be confirmed,atleast regardind the written exam...???

24th December 2012, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army while studying B.Com?

How can i join indian army with 60% b.com and with 19 years old
25th December 2012, 09:21 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

You can join Indian Army through CDS after B.Com.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted twice evey year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy.

The eligible candidate wishing to join Indian Army(IMA) of CDS, must be an Indian unmarried male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degre Exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good Physical and Mental health.

CDS can be applied through on line only by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam, personal interview, Physical Fitness Test and finally through Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th December 2012, 11:40 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined by cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every years as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy after Graduation Degree.

As a candidate from B.Com. stream you are eligible to apply for Indian Army(IMA) of CDS for which you must be an Indian unmarried male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 t 24 years with good Physical and Mental Physique.

The CDS can be applied through on line by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

25th December 2012, 11:41 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined by cracking CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every years as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy after Graduation Degree.

As a candidate from B.Com. stream you are eligible to apply for Indian Army(IMA) of CDS for which you must be an Indian unmarried male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 t 24 years with good Physical and Mental Physique.

The CDS can be applied through on line by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

25th December 2012, 01:59 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to join Indian Army while studying B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i m Second Year B.com student. I would like to join Indian Army. what are the procedures of applying ? and what preparations should i make so that my entry will be confirmed,atleast regardind the written exam...???
One entry is Short Service Commision Non-Techical Men. Which is having 50 vacancy and it is notified twice a year. You can search for it's notification during April and October month in Employment news. Age should be in between 20 to 27 years of age and any degree holders are eligible for it. Training academy will be OTA Chennai for 49 weeks.

2nd Indian Military Academy (IMA). Vacancies are 250 per year. Notification will be notified in Employment news under CDSE in March/April and Spet/Oct. Eligibility criteria is any gradautes from recognized university. Only unmarried and those having ages between 19 to 24 years are only eligible. SSB date will be likely in September/Oct and March/April. Duration of Training will be 1-1/2 years in IMA Dehradun.

3th most entry is NCC Special Entry scheme if you are having NCC 'C' Certificate holder then you are eligible for it. Training will be done in OTA only and maximum age till you can apply for this entry is 25 years.

Thanks
Deepak kumar

26th December 2012, 08:30 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but you cannot join Indian army as per your present educational qualifications.

This is because currently you are in B.Com 2nd year and the minimum educational qualification that you should have to be eligible is :

a) You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.OR,

b) Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible for the examination.

After completing your graduation , you can join Indian Army if you successfully crack the Combined Defense Services Examination.

This examination is conducted every year twice by the Union Public Service Commission.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th December 2012, 02:15 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

First of all, I would like to tell you that you cannot join Indian Army with your present educational qualification.

Indian Army can be joined by cracking CDS(Combined Defence Services)examination after completing your graduation from any recognised college or university.

CDS(Combined Defence Services) examination is conducted by UPSC(Union public service commission) twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

14th June 2014, 03:43 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You can join the Technical Entry scheme and university entry scheme. You can also join Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy after completion of graduation. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?