22nd September 2012, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

How to join M.Pharm after completing B.Pharm?

gd mng sir i hope defintly u will reply me sir i have completed my bpharm i want to join in m pharm in hyd plz reply me with colagesand fee details
thankyou

18th March 2013, 06:45 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join M.Pharm after completing B.Pharm?

Time, again and always there is much hue and cry on what will be the job prospective after B Pharm or M Pharm. Competition and lot of fresh drop outs are the main reasons for this burning issue.

When I completed my graduation (b pharmacy) and my PG I went through a lot of such complications on what to do next???

I would like to share with you all my experiences and the new and unexplored areas where you can focus to have a good career ahead.
First thing first:

Know your limitations, your expertise and try to overcome your drawbacks. Assign your qualifications whether you want to carry on till graduation, PG, MBA or any other courses. Learn to speak. If you can communicate well with confidence then there is no any hurdle whichever job you are into or whether you are a B Pharm or M Pharm. Have a planning of your future from now and try to work on it.

Do not get carried away from what others are doing but try to be your own self. The best way is to get into any field initially to remove your fresher tag and then after a year shift to your area of liking. It is tough but it all depends on how you break the ice.

I am trying to highlight a few of those areas which can easily help you to get a job as a fresher
Marketing

Now I know that when you hear the word Medical Rep, you will surely think that why to go for Sales even after being a Pharmacist ? .

But the best and the all time evergreen field is sales. In india, there may not be any research center of MNC but surely there will be a marketing team of the same. B Pharm graduates are the first choice as a sales guy for MNC. They offer a good package and with you traveling allowances, your expenses and your incentives, you can earn what a fresher in IT company is earning. Trust me there is no harm to get into marketing. Your degree will speak for you when you have good experience.

Home based PG courses can also be done with your job. There may be field work initially. But after sometime you can go into Product management and Business development which are the highly paid areas in Indian Pharma industry till date. Your B Pharm + MBA or B Pham + PG management course or even M Pharm with field work experience is the key to get into PMT.
Clinical Data Management

India is a hub for Clinical research. There are some good multinational CROs and all of them have data management team. For a CRO data of the clinical trials holds much importance and so Clinical Data Management has also grown in last few years. This is a good job option for both B Pharms and M Pharms. Diploma courses in clinical data management are also available which can get you a good job.
Medical Writing

CROs work on the principle of Good Clinical Practice and the first point in the GCP is good documentation practice. It says that anything which is not documented is not done. MW offers a good knowledge to you in areas of clinical research. It involves innovation and vigilance. There are a lot of openings for medical writing, scientific writing and publication writing in many companies nowadays. This can be helpful as fresher can get into it easily. I myself started my career as a Protocol author for BA BE studies. It has a good scope and many IT companies like TCS, Cognizant and Wipro also offers jobs for Medical Writing
Pharmacovigilance

Drug safety and adverse effect monitoring have now been made compulsory by the Indian Government and so PV is now a hot cake. Usually M Pharm guys are preferred for this job. It is an emerging field and not many experienced guys are available. Therefore a career into PV can be fruitful on long run. Further people with experience in scientific writing can also get into PV.
SAS Programmer

Till date there is very little awareness among pharma graduates on SAS programming. SAS is a statistical analysis software. Biostatiticians are highly sought after by almost all the CROs and also by research companies. Statistics is the only key to validate and prove their results. Many institutions are offering SAS courses and they also give job assurance. With a B Pharm degree you can be highly valued then compared to MSc Statistic guys.
I have pointed out some areas which are not much into limelight but they are good career options for you all. They pay well and have brilliant opportunities as well. I know it is tough for any fresher to get a good job these days. But with growing scenario and rapidly developing Indian Pharmaceutical industry new job areas have developed which are different from the classical areas like production, RND etc.

Finally I would say that there is no job which is good or bad until and unless you enjoy it.

These are my suggestions and I have shared my experiences to you. You may have your own likings. But these are some of the areas that have evolved with time and will grow in future as well.
Groups:

PharmIndia
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?