3rd December 2012, 11:27 PM
parmeshwar patel

How to join MBA in HR after passing B.Com? I am 43 years old

hi all friends i am parmeshwar patel 43 year old i am b.com graduate i worked in construction company more then 7 year as a Admin/accountant now i want to join MBA in HR but i have a confusion which i have to take HR-Admin or HR-Finanace which is best for my carrer

4th December 2012, 01:38 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to join MBA in HR after passing B.Com? I am 43 years old

Hello Mr. Patel,
I know you are being afraid because of your age. But let me tell you that there is no age restriction in the case of MBA. It is a general genre available to all given they fulfill certain criteria. It is really good that you have a working experience. This will add certain points to you, when you go for the interview. Now you will have to fulfill a few things before you can join an MBA program. These are:
1) You must have a 50% or more in your graduation. If you belong to the reserved category then you will get a marks relaxation of upto 5%.
2) You have to clear the MBA common entrance test also known as CET to make it in the respective college that you want. Say you want to go for IIM, then CAT is the only examination that you should clear, if you want to go for Amity, then you can clear MAT or Amity has its own entrance examinations, which can also be cleared and so on.
3)After you clear the examination with a valid rank or score, you have to sit for the MBA interview, the moment you clear that too, you will get a straight entrance in the MBA program. In the interview, please mention about your work experience.
Lastly in my opinion, going for HR-Finance will be best. Today companies want people knowing the finance domain to help them in their organization. Also you will have the qualities of dealing with different types of people when you do this. So All the Best.
4th December 2012, 04:39 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmeshwar patel View Post
hi all friends i am parmeshwar patel 43 year old i am b.com graduate i worked in construction company more then 7 year as a Admin/accountant now i want to join MBA in HR but i have a confusion which i have to take HR-Admin or HR-Finanace which is best for my carrer
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for M.B.A after passing B.Com.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.A.T
> S.N.A.P
> R.M.AT
> M.A.T
etc

For admission in top college you have to pass graduation with any stream with minimum 50% marks.

TOP M.B.A COLLEGE IN INDIA:-
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)

Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)

XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur

ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad

FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi

Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)

Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K - Calicut)
24th June 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

sir,myself Iram Rasool have recently ended up with my B.Com(hons) exams and just waitng for the results to come...........my confution is that i should go for M.COM or MBA(HR-Finance),please do suggest me the right option for my bright future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?