30th July 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

How to join MCA having completed B.A.?

I am a B.A student. I want to join MCA. I don't know however I join it. Please help me.

3rd August 2011, 08:46 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join MCA having completed B.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.A student. I want to join MCA. I don't know however I join it. Please help me.
MCA Eligiblity Criteria -

MCA is the Three Year Post graduate degree course in Computer Field and to get admission in this course you need to complete your Graduation degree in any discipline form a recognised university and you must have study Maths in your 12Th examination.

The Admission are based on entrance examination like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET and Other examination conducted by other universities.

And To apply for all these examination, You must have study maths subject in your 12Th examination OR in Graduation. So, If you have study Maths in 12Th OR in Graduation then you are eligible to Apply for MCA Entrance examination, For this year the examination was already completed.

So, If you cracked these examinations, then you will get admission in Top MCA Colleges, Final year Appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply for MCA Entrance Examination. And If you need More Information About MCA Entrance Examination, then Please check the official website -

http://www.nimcet2011nitb.in

www.iitr.ernet.in/jam
3rd August 2011, 09:25 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your graduation
then you easily join MCA course,
butn for this you must take either 12th or graduation math as
a subject.

MCA is a 3 years course.for this entry you give the entrance exam.

there are many fields in MCA you may specialization on this field:-

*System management

*System development

*System engineering

*Application software

*Internet

*Management information system

*Software development

*Hardware technology

Top 10 colleges in INDIA:-

*Pune university- 60seats

*Delhi university- 40 seats

*J.N.U university-30b seats

*B h u -30 seats

*IIt roorkee- 30seats
3rd August 2011, 10:19 AM
Lyk23

hi,

MCA is 3 year Post graduate degree course in Computer Field and to get admission in this course you need to complete your Graduation degree in any discipline form a recognised university and you must have study Maths in your 12Th examination.

The Admission are based on entrance examination like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET conducted by some universities.

So,If you have study Maths in 12Th OR in Graduation then you are eligible to Apply for MCA Entrance examination, For this year the examination was already completed.

So,If you passed these examinations, then you will get admission in Top MCA Colleges, Final year Appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply for MCA Entrance Examination.

Best of luck ! Thank you .
3rd August 2011, 10:50 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Quote:
As u have completed your BA exam you can appear for entrance exam for any of the universities for the course of MCA. it is a 3 years course and almost all the big colleges and universities provide this course. If you could tell us from which area are you, we can provide you with more specific details about the universities in your area
3rd August 2011, 10:51 AM
liquid

hello friend,
According to me -
Definitely you can do MCA from distance learning.but first you complete your graduation
There are lot of universities which provides distance MCA i listing the top 10 univerisities:

IGNOU(Indira Gandhi National Open University)
Annamalai University
Osmaniya University
Sikkim Manipal University
Nalanda Open university
Symboisis Centre for Distance Learning
Karnataka Open University
University of Madras Institute of Distance Education
Mahatma Gandhi University
ICFAI University

IGNOU comes on the top and ofcourse there is a great market value to do MCA from this university.If you join here there will be a classes provided by good faculties.There will be 2 hours classes(couselling sessions) for 3 days in a week. The fee structure is 8000 per semester and registration fee is just Rs 100/-and Rs 150/- by post.I suggest you if you do mca so just do from IGNOU.
Thanks.
All the best
3rd August 2011, 12:16 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: How to join MCA having completed B.A.?

The graduate who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course. Students who have finished their graduation in arts group can also apply. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

The Admission are based on entrance examination like AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET and Other examination conducted by other universities.

You must have studied maths subject in your 12th std to apply for MCA. So, If you have studied Maths in 12th then you are eligible to apply for MCA irrespective of your degree.
3rd August 2011, 12:48 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
M.C.A Stands For Master of Computer Application.

M.C.A is full of Software related Course.

To Apply for M.C.A course :-

Minimum qualification is Graduation from any recognized college/university or equivalent qualification.

The candidate must have a graduate degree in any desire subject.

The candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.

Those in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

To apply for this examination,the candidate must have studied maths subject or Statistics in 12th level examination.

Many top Institutions conducted the MCA Entrance examination.The MCA Entrance examination are AIMCET,TANCET,NIMCET.....etc.
4th August 2011, 11:26 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How to join MCA having completed B.A.?

Quote:
MCA is Master of Computer Applications which is a post graduate course of 3 years duration.The course is completely based on software and its components.

The ways of getting a admission in MCA is based on the the ranks which you get the entrance exams for MCA as like any post graduate courses and they may include AIMCET (JAM), NIMCET, JECA, TANCET as they are many exams for MCA in many states and colleges.

The basic eligibility needed is a degree from a recognized university.

The candidates must have got 60% aggregate in their UG degree.

There is no age limits for the exam and the candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply.

The candidates must have studied maths in their respected +2 or in degree.

As regarding your qualification you ae eligible but it is not appropriate for you to study MCA from B.A as you will not have value even if you finish your MCA because you are from other department and choosing this stream now as the correct way to join in MCA is hat the candidate must have finished his/her UG degree in BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application).You will find it difficult to learn the software languages as it would be tough and takes time as you don't know the basics,as they are very important.

Anyways all the best.
30th August 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

i completed diplomo dce.i join mca it is possibl? My pattern 10 12 3
6th December 2011, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am surendra how to join MCA after completed bsc compuetrs plz reply
15th January 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

m a b.com final yr student. n can i join mca?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?