25th August 2012, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join MCA course after completion of B.Sc course with Zoology and Chemistry?

I have completed B.Sc. with Zoogogy and Chemistry I can do MCA or Not? Please give me advise for MCA and elegibility for mca?

Related Questions:
  1. After completion of BSc in Chemistry and Zoology what should I do?
  2. Am i eligible to do MSc Geology after completing BSc with Botany, Zoology, Chemistry and MBA
  3. Am I eligible for IIT JAM Chemistry after doing BSc with Chemistry, Biotech and Zoology?
  4. What are the different streams in M.Sc and MCA to join after completion of B.Sc in Maths, Physics and Chemistry?
  5. Am I eligible for UP PGT after doing BSc from Zoology, Biotechnology and Chemistry -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for lateral entry in MBBS after passing BSc Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? Procedure for it?
  7. Which course is a better choice for me to join after completion of B.Sc in Zoology Honors?
  8. How to do MSc through zoology after completing BSc through Chemistry?
  9. Can I be eligible for MSc Biotechnology after studying BSc with Botany and Chemistry and Zoology?
  10. Should I reappear 12th if I am not eligible for medical exams after scoring 48% in 12th? Should I join BSc in Zoology, Botany and Chemistry and then Archaeology in abroad?
  11. Various streams from Zoology and Chemistry to join after B.Sc.?
  12. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course?
  13. Can I do BCA course without having Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I have additional subject as Botany in my B.Sc course which already includes biotech, chemistry and zoology?
  15. Am i eligible for MSc with integrated Ph.D program after completion of BSc degree in Zoology
  16. How can I become doctor after completion of my BSc in Zoology
  17. Am I eligible for MSc in forensic science after reading chemistry and botany? I am a BSc Zoology student
  18. Can I join MBBS after completing BSc in Chemistry, Botany and Zoology? What is the procedure? What is the fee structure?
26th August 2012, 04:02 PM
suvendum14

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MCA course after completion of B.Sc course with Zoology and Chemistry?

HI..
The general eligibility criteria for Indian students:
Candidates who have completed their BCA, BBA or B. Tech can apply for an MCA course. Candidates who have done their graduation in science can also apply for this course as these candidates must have studies Mathematics as a subject in their 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.
Academic Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should have a graduation degree with more than 60 per cent marks and they need to write an entrance exam in order to get admission to an MCA course.
Top Institutions that offer MCA courses in India:
• Banaras Hindu University
• Bharathiar University - Coimbatore
• Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)
• Delhi University
• Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
• Jawaharlal Nehru University
• MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Allahabad
• Vellore Institute Of Technology
• Punjab University
• Madurai Kamaraj University

Some other top institutes of our country includes NSHM College of Management & Technology, Pune University and Sikkim Manipal University (SMU).
Thanks..
-Suvendu
13th September 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join MCA course after completion of B.Sc course with Zoology and Chemistry?

can i go for mca after completing bsc chemistry with maths n physics??
23rd January 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO MCA AFTER COMPLETING B.SC IN PHYSICS WITH HONORS
23rd January 2013, 08:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
MCA - Master of Computer Applications
Yes you can apply MCA after completing your B.Sc in Mathematics. MCA is a Post Graduation Course and duration of course is 2 years.
Eligibility criteria for Applying MCA:
You must have completed your graduation in any decipline from recognized university
You should have atleast 50% aggregate marks in your graduation
You must have studied maths/statistics in 12th standard
There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course
If you follow above eligibility then you have to appear entrance exams. If you score in these entrance exams then you will get good college.
Good luck...........................
31st August 2013, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

to get MCA COURSE IN JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY AFTER BSC in maths hons with physics & chemistry what is the qualification?
31st August 2013, 08:41 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year technical related course being offered by number of colleges all over India.

Graduation is the minimum academic qualification that the candidate should have in order to join MCA course.

One more important thing is that you should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation. Then only you are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exam to join MCA course.

As you are from Science background in your Graduation, you might not be having Mathematics in your Graduation stream.

If you have Mathematics as one of the subject in your stream in 12th class, then you are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exam to join MCA course.

As you have gone through life science subjects in your Graduation, MCA will not be a better choice for you.

Because in MCA, you have to study technical subjects.

The technical subject will be entirely new for you. You have to face problems in understanding the subject.

As per your previous background, it would be better for you to join Post Graduation with life science subjects.

If you are not interested to go into Science field, then MBA would be better choice for you.

Because no technical stuff is involved in MBA course. You don't need to write lines of code MBA course unlike MCA course.

Moreover there is good career scope for the candidates after completion of MBA course.

The following entrance exam will let you to get admission for MBA course.

CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and try to get admission for MBA course in a top college.

Perform well in academics and try to have job in your hand by the time you complete your MBA course.

Wish you all the best.
25th February 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir ,
Can I apply for MCA at Delhi University after B.Sc with che
mistry honours with 65% agreegate marks?
6th April 2014, 11:52 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Here is the detailed information regarding MCA course.

MCA can be abbreviated as Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Post Graduation level course being offered by number of colleges in India.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with minimum 50% of marks to be eligible to join this course.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

You should have gone through Mathematics as one of the subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

There is no upper age limit to join this course.

The admission will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Different universities will conduct different Entrance Exams to give admission for this course.

Having interest to join this course in NITs, you have to get through NIMCET Exam.

As you have completed your Graduation with the life science subjects, you might not be having Mathematics subject.

If you had gone through Mathematics subject in your 10+2, then you are eligible to join MCA course.

I don't think it is not a good choice for you of going for MCA course having completed Graduation in Zoology.

You will have to face so many problems in understanding IT terminology and coding part.

Moreover you will not be given preference at the time of job opportunities also.

Rather than opting for MCA course, I suggest you to join any of the following courses
M.Sc in Zoology
MBA in Hospital Management

Wish you all the best.
19th December 2014, 06:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir after completed bsc in chemistry subjact can i take admission for bca course
20th June 2016, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Bsc with botany honors but I have secure less than 60%u2105in 12 th am I qualified for M.C.A ?!
1st July 2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I passed class 12'th with bio .if I completed bsc it than I will eligible for MCA
Please tell me some college of MCA
28th January 2017, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I completed bsc course with zoology and chemistry.. I eligible to join MCA.. please tell me your advise.
8th August 2017, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MCA or MBA after completing my graduation ? I am bsc non med student with Physics, mathematics,and it subject.
14th June 2018, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I passed class 12'th with bio .if I completed bsc ( chemistry, zoology and botany ) it than I will eligible for MCA
14th June 2018, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir , I passed class 12'th with bio .if I completed bsc it than I will eligible for MCA
29th July 2018, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I am bsc pcm but i have take physic and chemistry in last year can i go for mca nimcet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?