4th January 2013, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy after passing 10th with 60%?

i want to join merchant navy after passing 10th by 60%. can i?? and if i can then what will be my designation and sallry.

5th January 2013, 05:58 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join merchant navy after passing 10th with 60%?

My friend you will have to complete at least 12th standard to apply for job in Merchant Navy. There are no jobs after 10th standard. After completing 12th you can apply for the Deck Cadet job.

The salary would depend from company to company However you can expect Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000. But I should warn you that there is no scope of growth in this job. If you really want good jobs in merchant navy then the best option is graduation course.

You have two good options. First is B.Sc in Nautical Science while the second option is Marine Engineering. For both case of even for deck cadet job, you will have to complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects.

Eligibility

1. Must have completed 12th standard with PCM.

2. Only unmarried candidates can apply.

3. The age limit is 20 years.

4. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

5. You will have to meet physical requirements like no color blindness, sea sickness etc.

If you meet the criteria then apply for the Nautical Science course or marine engineering After which there will be plenty of officer level jobs that pays in 5 digit.

Direct Entry

1. The first option I have already mentioned. You can apply after completing 12th PCM. If selected for deck cadet job then you will go through 3 months of pre sea training which is generally arranged by the company.

2. Candidates with B.Tech/B.E. degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology can also apply for the officer level jobs in merchant navy. Such candidates have to undergo through mandatory 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from MERI.

4th February 2013, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

can I join any post of nevy after 10th

10th June 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: How to join merchant navy after passing 10th with 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to join merchant navy after passing 10th by 60%. can i?? and if i can then what will be my designation and sallry.
and which stream will they use to teach

22nd June 2014, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am recently on class 12th but i want to join army through nda exam 2014-15 but creteria foe exam is 12th pass out
so,can i give exam while studying 12th bcoz my age is 17 and 18th running

24th July 2014, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

merchant navy aplication form released in which month please give the corret information and qualification required and age limit

14th June 2017, 03:42 AM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR, HAVE PASSED MY 10TH RECENTLY AND GAIN 80%IN ICSE BOARD ......MY AIM OF LIFE TO JOIN INDIAN NAVY AND BECOME AN OFFICER IN IT ...AND I M GOING TO STUDY TO CRACK NDA MY CURRENT AGE WAS 15TH YEAR IT IS WILL BE GOOD TO JOIN ANY NDA COACHING FROM NOW TO CLEAR IT....PLEASE REPLY AND I M CONFUSED THAT IT WILL BE GOOD TO JOIN INDIAN NAVY

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?