29th June 2016, 02:56 PM
tukai mondal

How to join Merchant Navy being a Diploma Electrical Engineer with 2 years of Power experience?

Hi Friends,
I am a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering. I have 2 years of experience in Power sector. I am interested to Merchant Navy. Kindly help me to know that how can I join Merchant Navy?

11th August 2020, 09:40 PM
monalsigupta

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy being a Diploma Electrical Engineer with 2 years of Power experience?

The eligibility for joining Merchant Navy is finishing Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Candidates have to be unmarried Indian Citizens (male or female).
Normal vision is required but glasses upto plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.
14th August 2020, 11:33 AM
deepikapandey9999

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy being a Diploma Electrical Engineer with 2 years of Power experience?

if you are doing BE and in ECE, don’t think to join Merchant Navy just for the Money as it is not providing the money as it was in the previous times. You can check out my previous answer on my profile in which I told deepak why you should be careful in joining Merchant Navy. If you have some good source (Godfather) who can provide you job then you should definitely go for it, otherwise don’t just think of going in a ship where you’ll in Engine room 80% of your time as per your profile and getting laid in oil and dirt all the time.

If you have some good opportunity then there are several colleges which you can opt who has there own ships. Don’t try for the management companies as they have a long-long waiting list for there cadets and Engineers to get onboard. I am the one who has pursued my whole career around Merchant Navy and it’s going no-where nowadays if someone don’t have Godfather(relative) in the same industry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?