20th July 2010, 12:58 AM
ahelper

How is the lovely professional university Jalandhar?

Respected sir,

how is the lovely professional university jalandhar....i have come that it is in a list of AIEEE colleges... one of my known one wishes to take admission in btech ECE branch in that university so kindly let me know about it...
thanking you
ahelper

Related Questions:
  1. Is Lovely Professional University Jalandhar a good place to do B.Tech(Mechanical branch)?
  2. Information about Lovely Professional University? I am interested to take admission in LPU Jalandhar
  3. Which are the colleges offering BSc MLT?
  4. Is Lovely Professional University Jalandhar better for engineering?
  5. How may I do industrial training? I'm in B.Tech 2nd year from Lovely profession university(Jalandhar)?
  6. How to take admission in Ph.D in engineering Stream from Lovely professional university, Jalandhar? Is Ph.D from this university accepted or considered by AICTE?
  7. Can I get admission in LPU after scoring 60% marks in intermediate
  8. How to take admission in BSc Agriculture in management sector?
  9. How can i change the gate 2010 exam center zone?
  10. Eligibility criteria and procedure to get job in Tata Steel for B.Tech(ECE) student from Lovely Professional University and a citizen of Jharkhand?
  11. List of colleges offering admission on the basis of 12th marks?
  12. Which college is best for me in Punjab after scoring 43 marks with 376000 rank under SC category?
  13. Can I get a good job after completion of B.Tech with mechanical stream from Lovely Professional University, Punjab?
  14. How much percentage is needed in HSC board to take admission in BSc Agriculture in a government college?
  15. introduction: myself irphan
  16. List of AICTE approved colleges/universities for M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  17. Is there any entrance exam conducted in Lovely Professional University for MCA? -- [New]
  18. Difference between B.E and B.Tech? What is the semester fee in NIT Jalandhar, NIT Patna and Lovely Professional University?
20th July 2010, 02:42 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How is the lovely professional university Jalandhar?

Hello,

It is AICTE approved. Admissions are through AIEEE also.
It is offering a wide variety of coursLPU is an autonomous institute.
According to the latest survey, it is the 11th best university in terms of placement.
About more than 5000 students have already got placements in high pay package.es.
They even offer scholarships to students.
It also has one of the most h-tech campuses in India

Lovely Professional University is India’s Largest University* acclaimed for
>academic excellence
>range of programme offerings
>inspiring the quality and breadth of its academic programmes
>research initiatives
>creative work
>world class pedagogy
>international standards
>creating avenues for students display to their creativity
>honing the leadership skills
>providing a range of career choices
>nurturing faculty
>providing support needed in achieving career goals

Also kindly check the official website for further details.

"www.lpu.in"
20th July 2010, 07:08 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Lovely Professional Institute offers undergraduate and post graduate programme in almost every field.It is an UGC certified institute and there are around 24000 students pursuing various courses offered by it.Lovely Professional Institute has tie up with some of the excellent international institutes in USA,UK and Australia and has been ranked among top B-school in India.
The university offers world class campus facilities along with excellent education of international standard.
For further information regarding the institute and 150+ courses offered by it, please visit its official site.

www.lpu.in
20th July 2010, 07:51 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

hello!
though LPU has come in the list of AIEEE colleges, but it is still not as good as other AIEEE colleges, i.e. NIT's, IIIT's, etc.
if your friend is having a good AIEEE rank, don't go LPU.
but if his rank is not letting him get admission in other colleges, then only you should go for LPU
20th July 2010, 10:22 AM
shubham_k

ahelpar,
as far as i know lpu is not a good university.u can directly go and take admission in that university. it does not mean that if it is in aieee cental counselling,then it will be good.its not at all good for engineering. even lpu takes admissions through jcece exam of jharkhand state. 358 seats were reserved for jcece candidates in this university.out of this 358 seats,334 are still vacant. jcece counseling started on 2nd of july and its gonna be over on 26th of july. just by this u can analyse that even the poor rankers of jcece don't want to join lpu.
from one of my friends,who passed from lpu, i heard that the teaching methodology and teaching process is ok kind. but still he faced problems in placements. he had to wander here and there for placement.
20th July 2010, 12:43 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yes of course dear, LPU is a good University to study Engineering.

LPU have excellent Faculty, workshops for engineering, good infrastucture, Good hostel accomidations etc.

Besides these LPU also offers scholarship, starting from 70% scoreers at +2.

But it has to be noted that beside having every facility and such big university LPU fails to provide good placement to there engineers, placement there is average one.

If you are performing well in your Engineering then you will be provided placement no doubt but last year I think the highest placement was of 4.5 Lacs per annum.

So, if you known one have anyother good option then LPU then he/she can go for it, otherwise LPU will also be fine because the time when he will be able to complete his/her engineering then at that time placement prospect will get better.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
20th July 2010, 02:26 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii yeah its reallly a great university with well infrastructure.... for the information check out the website.....its ranked as 16th engineering private university in india it is graded as A++
your career needs good start its the best selection to join lpu

http://www.lpu.in/
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1), Phagwara, Punjab (INDIA) -144402
TEL: +91-1824-404404 | Toll Free: 1800 102 443
the companies who have spoken about this university are follows

“ It was a good experience. ”
Mr. SALIL MIDHA, Branch Manager, India Infoline Ltd

SRI RAM GROUP

“ It was a very Good Experience and the premises are also very nice. ”
Mr. P. Mohan, Deputy Manager- HR

STANDARD CHARTERED
“ The whole Process was very efficiently handled. The premises are remarkable.”
Mr. Sunny Branch Head

BRILA SOFT

“ Lovelites are Lovely, Good students and excellent facilities for Campus Drives.”

Pratush Nandkeolya

VENUS

“ Very good to see kind cooperation at every step from students coordinators as well as placement officials. ”
HR Team

ZEE NETWORK

“ Satisfied, the Placement team was very cooperative. Good Program. Nice Staff. It was good. ”
Mrs. DIVYA VARMA, Vice President, HR

BANK OF AMERICA

“ The Facilities, Hospitality and courtesy from placement staff & the student coordinators has been a huge support.”

Amit Sharma
Team Leader - Staffing

ICICI

“ Very impressive as we got complete support from placement team. They are very professional in their approach.”

Mr. Kaushal Khanna
Regional head

INFOSYS

“The most professionally managed placement cell in the country with end to end solutions”
Mr. Sudhir Mishra - HR
20th July 2010, 02:54 PM
trupti_9227

hello,
its a very good university.faculty's awesome.they are truely experienced,have wide knowledge in their respective fields.go for it...
you will have a great future
20th July 2010, 03:49 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hi!

You are right LPU, Jalandhar is in the list of AIEEE colleges. It is A++ rated 2nd best university in north India & the 4th best university across India in a survey conducted by financial express among 450 Indian universities for the year 2009-10. It has won many national & international accreditation.

LPU have good infrastructure, qualified faculty, best study environment & is also a leading technology adopter.

But when it comes to placement it ranks 11th in the survey conducted by financial express. The placement record is less than 100%.

So, if your friend has secured good rank in AIEEE then he can try some other university/college with high placement record, after all he is studying engineering for a good career.
20th July 2010, 04:37 PM
sharad3010

every university is okkkk

so u need not worry

but yes its true that if u have any other option then please go fore it
lpu gives placement each yera
so dont worry for it
but as u can see it advertises itself so much which makes it clear that it is not a very very good college
so analyse ur options
20th July 2010, 04:55 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Friend I think you are also attracted by the adds of the university these days. We cannot say any university good or bad in any sense simply. It is not any IITs or IIMs. So it is an average university. It is not bad to carry on your education from here, but if you have better options than go for it.

Best of luck@!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20th July 2010, 05:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes, Lovely professional university is one of the good University to Study. And this University ranked among the largest private universities in India according to the
Infrastucture.

The Faculty of this university is also good and This University has a high-class infrastructure, auditorium, beautiful gardens, Central Library and provide a good comprehensive hostel facilities.

This University is approved by UGC and is also included in the list of universities maintained by UGC. This university will also offer a scholarship for those students, who have scored more than 70% marks in your 12th exams Or in Graduation.

Yes, it is true that, this University was not provide good placements to their students. But, according to study, this university is a good...........
20th July 2010, 09:45 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Frankly speaking its just another average college with average placements. I have personally spoke to LPU students and they vote this college down.

The fees of this college is high and so if you want to get a good job you must stay at the top in this college

Its AICTE approved college and thats fine but the college isnt that great. If you are getting any other college better than LPU then do consider that over it

Best of Luck
20th July 2010, 10:35 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
its a private institute which is fully recognised and is currently developing and occupy a wida area in jalandhar
it is fully approved with aicte and good college
20th July 2010, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

HI!, DIS IS RASHMI. I HV PASSED 10th WITH 86% MARKS(SC 85, MATHS 87 , ENG 91) N 2 WITH 67.4%(PHY 53, CHEM 64,BIO 65,ENG 72) . PLS TELL ME WHICH WLD B A BETTER CAREER OPTION 4 ME BBA/ BCA OR ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT MEDICAL LINE? PLS TELL ME D BRIGTEST CAREER OPTION 4 ME SUCH DAT I MAY GET BETTER PLACEMENT WITH A GOOD SALARY. IS 2 BCA 4M MANIPAL UNIVERSITY THROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING IS A SAFER N WISE DECISION? CAN U TELL ME D NAME OF OTHER UGC N AICTE RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITIES WHICH GIVES DISTANCE EDU?? PLS TELL ME WHICH WLD B A BETTER PLACE 2 DO COACHING 4 BCA IN PATNA? WHICH 1 IS BETTER 2 TAKE TUTIONS 4 BCA NIIT/ APTECH ?PLS GUIDE ME NICELY.
THANK U!
WAITING 4 UR REPLY................!!
RASHMI
21st July 2010, 03:31 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
thes institute is really very good and it offer many courses and also scholarship for the merit list students
Lovely Professional University is India’s Largest University
It is AICTE approved. Admissions are through AIEEE also.
It is offering a wide variety of coursLPU is an autonomous institute.
According to the latest survey, it is the 11th best university in terms of placement.
22nd July 2010, 03:26 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Sorry sir I don't agree with you . Is it only the infrastructure which plays the role in providing best job.
Though LPU may have best infrastructure, good faculty, good facilities etc. but it cannot compare our central universities. As it is a private university, it may have good infrastructure and other facilities.
But when Quality is considered it is the central university which dominates. Nowdays there are so many private and deemed Universities which are running so its very risky to leave one's career in there hand. They look only for their personal benefits.

But at the same time I am not saying that LPU is bad. Its just an average university where one can go for his studies.
but sir you praised it too much.!!!!
31st August 2010, 04:57 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

Lovely Professional University is an AICTE approved university and it has got a great name in a very short span of time...

According to the latest magazine , it is the 11th best university in terms of placement.

About more than 5000 students have already got placements in high pay package.es.
They even offer scholarships to students.

The university has a tremendous placement record ,you have ever seen..

Best Wishes........
7th September 2010, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Exactly what percentage of Engineering Graduates gets Placements in Lovely Professional University?
16th October 2010, 05:01 AM
Unregistered

my,freinds lovely professional university is de best university,i can say that it's growth rate is highest among every other university,it is true dat its is having 5000 placements per year,80% of de professors here are IITans and remaining from NITs,within a short span of time it became the 2nd largest in NORTH INDIA with government approval,no doubt it will overtake BITS within a year or 2,it is the only university in INDIA with a vast campus area of 600acers & plot 1200acers,there are international students from NETHERLAND,NORWAY,COLOUMBIA,SOUTH -AFRICA ...........etc,so lpu is the best & only best university after IITs & NITs in INDIA.
as a student this is my true and proud opinion about lpu.
15th November 2010, 10:14 PM
megha ram singh

LPU is a good university if you are planning for admission in LPU then you can go for it there is no problem you just go ahead.good luck..
5th December 2010, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

cheap...study abroad!
14th December 2010, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

kindly inform me about b.arch in LPU ?
28th January 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

i wanted to knw abt good colleges of biotechnology in Delhi?
Plz help........
29th January 2011, 12:36 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
Lovely Professional University is the one of the good university among all University. Its Rank is also good among the all private college.
This University is approved by UGC and AICTE. It give more facility of own student. It has a good placement cell.
For more information please see the website http://www.lpu.in
all the best.
30th January 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

very bad university..........aicte not aproved.............admision ''aao aur karalo,entrance kuch v nahi",only quantity not qality.35000student,only mechanical 5000 student
bed facultys.......................................... ..................................
31st January 2011, 07:09 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend........
LPU(Lovely Professional University) is a good university ...
it is UGC recognized .......
this year its placement has increased very much with more that 70% of the students placed in different companies.....
you can take admission in this university .........
3rd February 2011, 11:13 AM
SupritShestha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelper View Post
Respected sir,

how is the lovely professional university jalandhar....i have come that it is in a list of AIEEE colleges... one of my known one wishes to take admission in btech ECE branch in that university so kindly let me know about it...
thanking you
ahelper
hi friend!
i think that its a good university and doing ECE in that university will be good...its one of the largest private university in India with newly built infrastructure........
3rd February 2011, 11:53 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Up to my knowledge what i know is that lovely professional university is a good and well recognized college.They recommend placement in good colleges.Well its a good course.You can do well and has lots of scope in future.After you complete your course you can join in software,hardware,telecommunication etc.Its a well known and good course having lots of future course.

All the best.
18th February 2011, 07:00 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

I might be posting my reply very late but as i am studying at Lovey Professional University, i want to share my opinions with all of you.

First of all, it is a nice university.
It has brilliant infrastructure, huge strength, nice hostel facilities, but the staff is not that much experienced.

You will find that is a portion of 'unskilled staff' in the university.

And if you want to take admissions in engineering, than think again.

However, the Lovely school of management is one of the best in the country.
So, if you want to pursue your BBA or MBA from LPU, just go for it.

Thank you.

*Personal opinion*
18th February 2011, 07:44 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Exactly what percentage of Engineering Graduates gets Placements in Lovely Professional University?

Lovely Professional University Is Good University And it Have acheive Good reputation in Short Span Of Time. This type of Image is very difficult to Acheive in short period.

But if you Want to know the detail of Placements, Then i will tell you, There are So Manny Companies are Come in LPU Campus. So, its Your duty How you will be perform in the front of the Companies.

The Placements are not so High in LPU. But they will Prepare for Students, So that they will not face problem at the time of placements.

So, there is no shortage of companies, Manny Manny companies are Come in LPU for the purpose of recruit the students. So, if you will perform well, you will get the job, To get the Job is depends on Own skills.

So, it is Good University.
18th February 2011, 08:00 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i wanted to knw abt good colleges of biotechnology in Delhi?
Plz help........
best colleges in New Delhi to pursue Biotechnology are:

All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi

Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi

all the best..........
18th February 2011, 08:13 PM
nikhilesh005

Lovely university is one of the upcoming university it provides a wide variety of courses and it also provides scholarship to the students for every BRANCH and stream. This university have high class infrastructure and it provides a high class education also with the help of advanced technique it have well educated staff and have nice decorum of the college.
It's placement record is also good and it calls high profile companies to provide campus placements.
No doubt it is good enough for higher education
18th February 2011, 09:14 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiiii
the jalandhar university is a reputed university having better infrastructure,good staff,better hostel facility etc.it is a ugc recognised university and its placements has also been increased
18th February 2011, 09:31 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

My friend is in LPU and he think that it is not a that much good university as its exposure all around india and abroad also.
though it has good infrastructure and wide campus but not the quality education as we expect from its exposure.
The management of this university fake or fool the students after 12th by exposuring its so much that any one can be caught under its trap.
so in my opinion its not a good university for future engineers.in my friend's opinion it is 50% ok.
19th February 2011, 03:16 PM
ankurloonia

i think that its a good university and doing CSE or mechanical in that university will be good...its one of the largest private university in India with newly built infrastructure........they very good future development and advertising plans
26th March 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

lpu is agood university for doing MBA..facilit placement infrastrutire all is awsome..as im a student in lpu doing mba..dnt know abt other courses..if u want to get adm in mBa then come n join lpu..without thinking more..
1st April 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

what is the fees criteria for LPU?
22nd April 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

sir,
The most hated and depressing system here for the students is the Attendnce System. Here marks are given to students as per the percentage of attendance they keep. This makes good students to score less CGPA than their capability and poorer students raise their flag and ultimately each of brilliants and poorers suffer in their later life...
And it's renouned ratings if crosschecked may not match and if you check good rating sites you may feel hard to find it's name in the long list.......
It's a okey type of university, but if you have any other option then opt for it...
23rd April 2011, 10:47 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

It is very near where i am live and my some friends studying their.
They say it is good university but not the best.Teaching staff overall good but very less experience...Their infrastructure is also good but fee is too large..
On the basis of placement they have good placements..
They take students on the basis of AIEEE ranks..
If you think to join it then i think first go for other Best universities,if you does not get then come for it...
30th April 2011, 12:23 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes Lovely Professional University is a good university, you can join without any doubt.

-It is recognized by UGC (University Grant Commission)

-It is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU)

-This university provides scholarship and financial aid benefits upto Rs. 1 lakh per year per a candidate

-Top magazines, news papers and TV channels have considered this LPU as a leading university.

- It is having global relations and has strong international relations

-It is providing world class infrastructure.

So you can join this university.
30th April 2011, 04:03 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

hi,
Lovely Professional Institute offers undergraduate and post graduate programme in almost every field.It is an UGC certified institute and there are around 24000 students pursuing various courses offered by it.Lovely Professional Institute has tie up with some of the excellent international institutes in USA,UK and Australia and has been ranked among top B-school in India.
The university offers world class campus facilities along with excellent education of international standard.
For further information regarding the institute and 150+ courses offered by it, please visit its official site.

www.lpu.in
thanks
1st May 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

marks on attendance, placement percentage 70% ,international tie ups rally very nice university please join it highest salary 3000000 to 15 students of CSE all major companies visit the university and more important 50:60 boys :girls ratio...enjoy
5th May 2011, 06:18 PM
shubhamchugh

Bande ne sawaal 1 saal pehle poocha ha aur jawaab abhi tak aa rhe ha.Ab tak to uska semester bh poora ho gya hoga
16th May 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

tell me about lovely professional university to take admission in b.tech ,its placement ,faculty,teaching please tell me that i can take admission there or not please reply me fast
17th May 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

LPU is not good university.Watch NDTV India's 15th Nov,2010 Episode.University has been badly exposed.Search in you tube "CNN IBN" about LPU.Again badly exposed.Two times strike in University(2009,2011).Placements are fake.No students passed in TCS placement test in 2011.Accenture blacklisted LPU.Same with Samsung.Search in google with this:"Lovely professional university cheat".You will get many copmlaints.Rules in university are very unstable.Most of the administrative positions are managed by family members,with no intellectual exposure.IITs and IIMs were recruited in recession time.Most of them resigned.Students quality is below average.Lecturers and professors are not knowing there subjects properly.Time table is hectic.Since lecturers are mere bullshit so you have to study urself.But since time table is hectic you will merely get time to acquire good knowledge.And then if LPU management are able to call companies like Samsung and Accenture they will automatically blacklist LPU,since students are not having any knowledge.To confirm all these its my humble request to you to please meet some passouts(Intelligent ones only).Moreover LPU admission mode are multiple like CCB,JCECE,direct; in short every possible ways.AICTE approved,but do check number of seats approved by AICTE.(CSE:120,ECE:120,MCA:60 etc).But LPU strength of each branch(CSE:2000,ECE:1000,MCA:400,MEC:5000).Please check AICTE website to confirm.UGC has given notice to LPU to stop distance education mode.Please check UGC for same.Finally if any university is Good it will not open admission branch offices in every city of India.
21st May 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

is that true tat its not a good univ plzzz reply frndsss i am a student of AP searching colleges for MTech as i missed my gate exam due to some problems and reasons soo that i saw it and searching info about it plzzz say truely
30th May 2011, 03:24 AM
swattttyyyy

please tell me is lpu good for btech IT?
3rd June 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

is lpu good for mech
8th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I m also confused about this university after reading these blogs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?