28th June 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts are available of JEE Main?

Hello Everyone,
Kindly let me know how many times I can attempt in JEE Main? I have given JEE Main in this year but looking to reappear in next year. Kindly let me know the number of attempts for JEE Main? Please reply asap.

28th June 2016, 05:14 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many attempts are available of JEE Main?

JEE Main is a National level entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for offering admission to interested candidates in Engineering programmes at NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.

You can appear in JEE Main examination maximum of three times. You can utilize your chances to appear in JEE Main examination as follows :-

1. First attempt in the year you have written your 12th standard board examinations
2. Second attempt next year after completion of your 12th standard
3. Third attempt in the next second year after completion of your 12th standard.
28th June 2016, 05:43 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

JEE stands for join entrance examination.which is conducted for admission in the engineering courses offered by the Indian institutes of technology situated in India.

Number of attempts:-

->>The maximum number of attempts at JEE Main is three.
28th June 2016, 07:42 PM
ravinayadav259
Senior Member+

Earlier only two attempts were allowed to clear the exam, but now according to the new official notification, the number of attempts have been increased to three.

Thank you...
Best of luck..
28th June 2016, 07:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

A candidate can appear in JEE Main only three times consecutively and only two times in JEE Advanced. So, you can appear for the JEE Main next year.

Eligibility criteria required to appear for JEE exam:-

-The candidate should have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science / Bio-technology as optional subjects .

-The maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 25 years as on 1st October of the year of examination for the candidate belonging to open category.There is relaxation in age limit of 5 years for SC/ST/PwD candidate.
28th June 2016, 08:32 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Any applicant can appear JEE Main maximum 3 times.

JEE Main Eligibility
- You must have passed higher secondary with at least 5 subjects including physics , chemistry and maths as a compulsory subjects.
- You should have passed 12th class in 2014 or after to appear JEE Main 2016.
- Your age should be below 25 years on 31st December. Relaxation applicable 5 years for SC/ST/PWD.
- Maximum 3 attempts allowed to every applicant.

JEE Main Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.jeemain.nic.in
- Click on link " Apply for JEE Main ".
- Read all instructions.
- Enter state of eligibility.
- Fill the Personal , Exam , Academic , Guardian details in application form.
- Upload the scanned photograph , signature and thumb impression.
- Make payment.
- Submit your application. Print the application for your future reference.

JEE Main 2017 Important Dates
- Online Registration Starts : December , 2016
- Last Date of Application : Ending of December , 2016
- Admit Cards Available : March , 2017
- JEE Main Exam Conducted : April , 2017
28th June 2016, 09:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a common entrance examination held for admission in CFTIs ( Centrally funded institutes of Technology ) like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM for their undergraduate technical courses.

JEE is organised once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> To be eligible for appearing in the JEE Main, you must possess the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age ling under 25 years till the 1st October of that year in which you will pursue the first year of your undergraduate degree course. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed or pursuing the final year of your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% aggregate in the qualification examination is applicable for reserved category candidate.

As far as you are concerned about the maximum number of permissible attempts for qualifying JEE Main then it is three consecutive attempts including the JEE Main of that year in which you appeared in your Class 12th board examination.

For more details about the same examination, you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th June 2016, 11:01 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the entrance examination is conducted for admission of candidates in B.Tech/B.E.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. The total number of attempts are :-

Main - 3 ( including year of appearing for 10+2).

Advanced - 2. ( after qualifying in Main ).

So, if you have passed 10+2 in 2015 then you can appear for Main in 2017 but not eligible for Advanced stage.
28th June 2016, 11:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
Kindly let me know how many times I can attempt in JEE Main? I have given JEE Main in this year but looking to reappear in next year. Kindly let me know the number of attempts for JEE Main? Please reply asap.
You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
29th June 2016, 12:59 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Candidates are eligible for only three attempts. Some preference is given to reservation category candidates only.
30th June 2016, 01:46 AM
secret29
Senior Member+

The number of attempts of JEE Mains exam is limited to 3 and hence you can given JEE-Mains exam only thrice. Official document of the eligibility criteria has been attached and you can download the file to get full details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JEEMain2016Bulletin.pdf(4.72 MB, 31 views)
30th June 2016, 10:58 PM
Ronie0309

The number of attempts you can have for JEE Mains is equal to three.But if you are planning to give JEE Advanced after that then I must tell you that you have only two attempts to give JEE Advanced.
These attempts cannot be taken at whichever as you please but are to be taken consecutively after the year in which you give your 12th standard exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?