24th December 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

How many times can I write GATE exam

how many times i write gate exam,can i try more than two times?

20th January 2013, 01:34 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times can I write GATE exam

You can attend GATE exam any number of times. There is no age restriction also. Only engineering or M.Sc degree holders are eligible to seek admission. The score will help you to find a good job also. GATE qualified candidates are considered for recruitment with PSU like IOCL, NTPC or CONCOR.
20th January 2013, 03:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here more than 2 times .There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2013 GATE exam.
20th January 2013, 05:24 PM
SHARIB IZHAR

GRATITUDE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING

This is an entrance exam for the aspirant of M.Tech or can say Master degree. If you have a degree then you can fill the form for GATE entrance exam.
Dear, there is no any restriction to appear in Gate.

Please visit this link, hope you will be assisted --
www.thehindu.com › Education › College & University
20th January 2013, 05:52 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed B.Tech. engineering Degree in any stream from a recognised University. There is no upperage limit for application to GATE.

There is also no restriction to the number of attempts to GATE. So an eligible candidate can apply for GATE as many as times he wishes.
20th January 2013, 06:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

GATE exams are conducted by one of the IIT colleges each year
This exam is held and scores obtained from this exam is used for:

>> Getting Admissions in MTECH/ME Or Phd
>> Applying to PSU for jobs.

Eligibilty to appear in the GATE exams is:
BE/BTECH PASS
Final year candidates of BE/BTECH can also apply

Next GATE exams will beheld in January 2014

You can apply to GATE exams as many times as you want.
There is no restriction in applying to the GATE Exams
20th January 2013, 07:48 PM
deepeshjain123

You can give gate exam any number of times.

http://gate.examsavvy.com/2009/12/gate-exam-faqs.html
20th January 2013, 07:58 PM
babanpreet

Quote:
You can write Gate exam any number of times as you wish. There is not any restriction on number of times to be appear in this exam.

Through Gate,you can take admission in M.tech or P.hd.Now a days,many companies also recruits candidates on basis of Gate Score card.
20th January 2013, 09:27 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

You can apply for GATE examination only two times.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.[B][I][CENTER]
20th January 2013, 11:26 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How many times can I write GATE exam

Quote:
Hi

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

-> This is an Entrance Exam which is conducted by the IIT's every year. It is organized for the purpose of M.Tech admission of students.

-> Also its a exam through which many top students are recruited for the various PSU's like NTPC, BHEL, BEL, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, etc and a few more.

-> Only B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma graduates can apply for it. Final year students can also apply but not the pre final year students. You should be having a minimum 60% aggregate in your graduation to apply for it.

->> Since its an exam for the Post Graduation M.Tech course, SO IT HAS NO AGE NOR ATTEMPT LIMITS! You can attempt it any number of times and so more than two times also !

For any more information regarding GATE, Click Here..

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
21st January 2013, 04:05 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How many times can I write GATE exam

Quote:

hi friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.....

You can apply here 2 times...

all the best.......
25th January 2013, 01:52 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

GATE stands for Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering.

You can write GATE exam in two times. If, you have graduation degree in Engineering or Technology.

Thanks.
26th March 2013, 09:00 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here more than 2 times .There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2013 GATE exam.
26th March 2013, 09:02 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How many times can I write GATE exam

27th March 2013, 06:35 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Talking Re: How many times can I write GATE exam

Hi dear..

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted by IITs for admission in various colleges in Post-Graduation (M.Tech) Courses.

Many Students give GATE for getting job on the basis of GATE score in PSUs like BHEL, NTPC, DMRC etc.

One can give GATE Two times and the GATE Score is Valid for 2 years.

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
26th January 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

how to write gate xam? while doing previous questions i m getting ans but in oline xam i am nt. plz help me how to write xam on online
11th May 2014, 03:05 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

This Exam is being conducted to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course in various colleges across India.

Here is the required qualification for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

Completion of Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course can also apply for this Exam.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in B.Tech course to apply for this Exam.

Age criteria :
There is no upper age limit at all for the candidates to give this Exam. One can apply for this exam at any age.

Number of attempts :
There is no limit on the number of attempts. You can take this exam as many times as you wanted.

In addition, the validity of the GATE score card is for 2 years.

But don't take this exam n number of times as it will be conducted once in a year.

Have good preparation for this exam and try to get admission in IITs for M.Tech course.

If you get admission in IIT, you will definitely be having the job in hand by the time you complete your M.Tech course.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?