8th December 2018, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

How many years does it take to complete LLB course after 12th?

I have completed my 12th board exam from Arts stream. Can I do LLB now? How many years will it take complete the course? Is there any entrance exam which I may require to give?

12th December 2018, 09:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years does it take to complete LLB course after 12th?

LLB refers to Bachelor of legislative law and having completed your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are eligible for pursuing integrated LLB degree course whose duration is five years.

Further, for pursuing the same degree course top law universities, you can qualify entrance examinations such as CLAT, CUCET, BHU UET, etc. .

You can even pursue LLB degree course of three years but for that you will have to first complete your graduation degree course.
13th December 2018, 09:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

LLB is Bachelor in Legislative Law and it is three year course after bachelor degree and five year course after 12th.

The eligibility to get admission in the course after 12th in that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream.

So, you are not eligible to get admission now and have to appear and qualify in the entrance test for admission in the course. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission.
14th December 2018, 06:44 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

After 12th it will take five year to complete LLB course.

LLB is Bachelor in Legislative Law. It is three year course after bachelor degree and five year course after 12th.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for the admission in the course. Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes.
14th December 2018, 03:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. After completion of senior secondary board examination, there is an integrated BA LLB course. The duration of that course is five years. You can get admission in that course through Common Law Admission test.

2. For admission in LLB course after bachelor's degree, it is of three years duration.
14th December 2018, 08:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is five years integrated BA LLB course after senior secondary board examination. Candidates who want to pursue their career in law can apply for Common Law Admission Test conducted by National Law College.

The minimum academic qualification for BA LLB course is 12th from a recognized board with minimum of 45% marks.
15th December 2018, 02:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed 12th are eligible to get admission in law course. You are eligible to get admission in B.A LLB course.

It is five year course after 12th. So, it will take five year to complete the course.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course. So, for complete details visit at official website of the respective institute.
15th December 2018, 03:51 PM
Anagha Sudheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th board exam from Arts stream. Can I do LLB now? How many years will it take complete the course? Is there any entrance exam which I may require to give?
Dear friend,

L.L.B (Bachelor of Legislative Law) is an undergraduate law course offered by various Indian Universities.

Yes you can do LLB after your 12th

There are two options for you to pursue LLB.
1:LLB Course with duration 3 years(minimum eligibility is graduation)
2:Integrated course with duration 5 years for undergraduate students.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

Successful completion of graduation in any discipline.

Minimum aggregate marks in graduation.

No age limit.

LLB ENTRANCE TEST

Admission is based on entrance exams conducted either on a national level or institute-wise.
Some common LLB entrance tests are:
1: CLAT
2: LSAT
3: AILET
4: LAWCET

ALL THE BEST
17th December 2018, 07:04 PM
rituja mukherjee

In order to become a graduate in law, you can opt for 2 possible options-
1. Integrated course of BALLB/BcomLLB/BscLLB which is going to be a 5 years course
2. Otherwise opt for LLB for 3 years after completion of graduation in any stream.

Most people these days opt for integrated BA/Bcom/Bsc LLB for 5 years immediately after +2 level as it saves one year, as compared to opting LLB after 3 years graduation. However, pls note that LLB in distance mode is not recognised by the Bar Council of India which is the regulatory authority. So, I would advice you to go for the integrated course. Most universities in India these days offer the 5 years course. Reputed Universities like Delhi University, Benaras Hindu University are still offering 3 yrs LLB Course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?