10th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

How much bank loan can be sanctioned to study Abroad?

what is the amountof bank loan can that canbe be sanctioned to study abroad?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Education Loan to study MS in Abroad if already pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?
  2. Documents required to apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16.5 Lacs to study MBA in Abroad? -- [New]
  3. What should I do if no bank co-operates for education loan?
  4. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  5. From where to study the CPL course in India and Abroad? How should I apply for jobs abroad after completion of the course?
  6. What is the procedure of studying MCA course from abroad after completing BCA from India?
  7. Bank's terms & conditions to apply for Education Loan to study MDS in Abroad?
  8. How much amount will be sanctioned in Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA?
  9. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get Bank Education Loan to study MS in Abroad being a B.Tech graduate?
  11. Should I opt for Abroad Education Consultants or continue studies through Education Loan?
  12. Are education loans available for final coaching of ICWAI including registration?
  13. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 22 Lacs to study MS in USA if Bank sanctioned only Rs. 20 Lacs?
  14. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest?
  15. From where I can get loan to study further in Abroad?
  16. List of Banks which provides education loan to study MBA in Germany?
  17. What is the maximum limit to apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS in Abroad?
  18. Can I get increased amount if my college fee is increased having sanctioned Education Loan of Rs. 3.6 Lacs from State Bank of Patiala?
11th July 2012, 08:55 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much bank loan can be sanctioned to study Abroad?

The number of Indian students going abroad mainly in United States, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada for higher studies is increasing by the day. Several students prefer to complete their higher studies from a reputed overseas college however financial condition plays a major hurdle for such students.

If you can afford to pay for the foreign study then its fine but in other case you are required to obtain loan from the bank to puruse your goal of higher studes. However in case you require loan as you mentioned in the question there are several things that you need to factor when applying for the loan in Bank.

So bascially what you are going to apply for is Education loan. Most banks offer it however in case when the student is going abroad for studies they demand several certificates before passing your education loan.

The Banks have 20 lakh limit that they pay for the education loan.

Students are required to pay at least 15 percent of the fee from his own pocket.

In case of overseas study the collateral and the terms could be difficult.

Collateral means that you will get loan secured by some of your property. This include:

Fixed Deposits (FD)

National Savings Certificates (NSCs)

Insurance Policy

House or Plot

In case of overseas study you may require to have a co-borrower that could be your father, mother, elder brother. However this depends of the loan amount and bank regulation.

The repayment policy varies from bank to bank. Mostly it starts with 1 year after completing the course of 6 months after you get the job, whichever happens first. You are required to repay the loan in 5 to 7 years.

Here important thing to remember is that do not forget to check the Interest Rate of the bank and how to compute the interest rate. Some Public Sector banks charge less interest rate and offer EMI holiday during the study period.

Second option you have is applying for the loan scholarship also known as fellowships or trust loans.

Aga Khan Foundation

Aga Khan Foundation

JN Tata Endowment

KC Mahindra Education

Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships

Inlaks Scholarships are some of the most popular trust among the students.

JN Tata Endowment which is the most popular requires you to start repaying the loan which is interest free from the fourth year of the course the employment which ever comes first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?