24th June 2011, 10:56 AM
praveengbpersonal

How much cutoff is required in GATE exam to appear for NDA/CDS interview? What type of government jobs may I get?

How much cut-off is required in GATE exam for getting into NDA/CDS interview?
My GATE SCORE 2011 is 472 in ECE stream. WHAT type of govt. jobs i may get?? Any chances for me?

10th April 2015, 11:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much cutoff is required in GATE exam to appear for NDA/CDS interview? What type of government jobs may I get?

The cut off of Graduate Aptitude test in engineering has nothing to do with the NDA or CDS interview.

Union Public Service Commission conducts its own entrance exam for the:

>>Combined defense services consisting of written test and service selection board.

>>National Defense entrance exam: It has also two stages that is written test and service selection board.

So, you need to appear for CDS entrance exam, the age limit is 19-25 years. For any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in. For NDA exam, you may be over age limit as it is 16.5-19.5 years.

With the help of GATE score, you have two possibilities:

1. You can get good engineering colleges like IITs, NITs or other government engineering colleges for pursuing Master's degree in technology if you are among top rankers.

2. Second possibility for you is that if your are under 500 ranks, you will be called for Group discussion and Interview for recruitment in different Public Sector Undertakings as they short list candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard.

So, you can check different public sector undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, ISRO, GAIL, NPCIL etc criteria for recruitment purposes.
11th April 2015, 01:05 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: How much cutoff is required in GATE exam to appear for NDA/CDS interview? What type of government jobs may I get?

For NDA and CDS , you need to appear in UPSC Examination. GATE cuttoff donot required to appear in NDA/ CDS Examination.
If you really want to make career in Defence services, then you need to go through the procedure:
- You have to appear in UPSC examination, This examination is conducted twice in a year.
-Age should be between 19 to 25 years.
- For CDS examination, you should have the graduation degree from any recognized university.
-You can apply for many other public services like OTA, IMA, INA. Air Force Academy.
GATE cuttoff can only help you to get good engineering college for master degree like IITs , NITs and some other government colleges.
For more details, you may prefer www.upsc.ac.in.
12th April 2015, 12:47 PM
rajnikant1993

There is no relation between GATE and NDA/CDS exams.
Both are differnt. GATE is only given by Engineering studentd for doing post graduation and jobs in PSUs.

While for NDA you must be 12th passed with physics and maths as compulsory subject.

For CDS you must be either appearing or completed your graduatin.
12th April 2015, 09:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no any relation between the GATE marks and the qualifying marks for NDA / CDS .

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering . The examination is conducted for the admission in M.Tech in government colleges i.e in IIT , NIT .

Where as CDS /NDA is conducted by UPSC . It is for those aspirants who want to join defense services .The eligibity criteria is candidates who have passed +2 with science stream can apply for NDA and those who have passed the graduation degree from recognized university can apply for CDS .

In both the examination the candidates have to go through two stages .
Written .
SSB .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?