29th March 2014, 09:03 AM
gatakkalamanoj

How much marks I have to get to join in Airforce? I am studying in 12th class

Iam studying 12th class, Iam belongs to SC, how much marks i've to get to join in airforce?

9th June 2014, 12:18 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How much marks I have to get to join in Airforce? I am studying in 12th class

One thing I would like to say that, no minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in 12th class in order to join Air Force.

This is applicable not only for SC category but for all the categories.

The selection procedure would involve
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct NDA Exam twice a year to recruit the candidates into following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

The eligibility criteria will be

-Completion of 12th class with any of the stream to apply for Army wing.
-Completion of 12th class with Mathematics and Physics subjects to apply for Navy and Air Force wings

Required age criteria will be 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to give this Exam.

If you possess the above criteria, have good preparation for NDA Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
9th June 2014, 10:18 PM
vickedsun

Default Re: How much marks I have to get to join in Airforce? I am studying in 12th class

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatakkalamanoj View Post
Iam studying 12th class, Iam belongs to SC, how much marks i've to get to join in airforce?
see you should focus on studies rather than marks or caste. see there are different vacancies in air force . first is through nda for which you have to have phy,chem,math and you have to clear the test. then there is technical grade entry for which you must score more than 70% in 12 th . also there is airmen x and y group selection criteria. my advice is that if you really want to join airforce get more than 70% in your board examination and really study hard for maths and english
13th November 2016, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

If I score less than 50% marks in higher secondary examination then can I join Indian army through NDA examination?
13th November 2016, 09:57 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatakkalamanoj View Post
If you want to join Indian Air force after your 12th than you can appear for NDA (National Defense Academy) exam. To join Indian Air Force candidate must have completed his 12th with science stream. Candidate done his 12th with other than science stream is not eligible for the Indian Air force exam, in that case candidate can join Indian Army if he is interested.
For Indian Air force candidate must fulfill these eligibility:
Candidate must be a citizen of India, or a citizen of Nepal, or a citizen of Bhutan.
Candidate should not have any previous criminal background.
Candidate age must be above than 16.5 years and less than 19.5 years.
Only Unmarried candidates are eligible for the exam.

You can also take entry in Air force through CDS (Combined Defense Services) exam. But for that you should have a qualification of graduation from any stream.
14th November 2016, 07:05 PM
princekainth2

Class 12th marks don't matter as your NDA exam will matter the most.

You must have Physics and Maths as your subject to give NDA exam.

After Clearing written test, your Interview will be conducted.

Only unmarried candidates are allowed to give NDA exam.
15th November 2016, 10:23 AM
mahhiads

For Air Force Job after 12th Class so you will passed 12th Class with PCM (Physice, Chemistry, Maths).

NDA exam conducted by UPSC twice time in Years. Following criteria for it:

1. 12th Passed (Science)
2. 16.5 to 19 Years Age

Selection Process:

1. Written Test
2. SSB Interview
3. Medicale

NDA 2015 Cut Off:

Written Cut Off Selection Cut Off
1. NDA - 1: 306/900 674/1800
2. NDA - 2: 269/900 637/1800
8th July 2017, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm a girl of 12th class student, I'm extremely wish to become a pilot in IAF,
Sir,I want to know that which degree is suitable for me and what is IFCAT EXAM?
My email:neerajaanilkumar001 @gmail.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?