21st May 2011, 10:06 PM
dheerajshah

12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?

Hi
I have appeared for SSC in March . I am interested in studying B.E(Computer Engineering),I am confused whether to study 12th Science and then do computer engineering degree or to study diploma in computer engineering and then do 3 years computer engineering degree?

are both same(12th science and then engineering/ diploma in computer engineering and then 3 years computer engineering degree)

What is the scope of job after completed either of them?

Kindly help if I need to do any other computer related courses along with this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dheeraj Shah

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]

22nd June 2011, 05:16 AM
goutham63
Junior Member+

Default Re: 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?

diploma in computer science will be having better scope.diploma is equivalent to degree.you can get small jobs with minimum salaries in any software companies as junior engineers with diploma qualification.with 12th qualifiction you can do d-pharmacy,bsc with bio-technology
23rd June 2011, 11:39 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?

Hey,
i want to note you some point:
1>B-Tech degree has higher value than diploma degree.
2>Nowdays diploma holder doesn't get good jobs.They also doing Btech from open universities.
3>So i suggest you to go for 12th science rather than diploma course.Because it's help you alot in future.

just think on my points.

good luck
24th June 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

can i do correspondence in BSC COMPUTER SCIENCE AFTER COMPLETING diploma in computer engineering?if so then what is yhe duration?
28th June 2011, 05:52 PM
dheerajshah

Thanks for commenting Akilesh
1st July 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

after dip in ce .we can study be. mechatronics
2nd July 2011, 11:02 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Go for 12th science and then engineering, without any doubt.

Because job opportunities are more better in 12th+engineering.

So go for it.....
11th July 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

A diploma in computer engineer can appear for MCA.
13th July 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

diploma is easy for 12 student
14th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

How is that possible...????!!

Diploma in C.E and then MCA...
27th July 2011, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

how is that possible....???!!
diploma in c.e and then m.c.a....
3rd August 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

i have diploma in c.s engg.and now i m merried.and i want to do B.TECH from ignou.is there is any scope of job.?
15th August 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

i clear my 12th science with math group,after i clear diploma in computer and now i want to do job.so tell me have i any scop,
16th August 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

hay,
i complete the 12std commerce but i like computer science and technology
21st August 2011, 03:27 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajshah View Post
Hi
I have appeared for SSC in March . I am interested in studying B.E(Computer Engineering),I am confused whether to study 12th Science and then do computer engineering degree or to study diploma in computer engineering and then do 3 years computer engineering degree?

are both same(12th science and then engineering/ diploma in computer engineering and then 3 years computer engineering degree)

Thank you.

Regards,
Dheeraj Shah

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]

both the options have their own value.if u want to know more and deeply about languages then do diploma and after this u can take admission in engineering college.its really very good for u
and there is also very importance for 12t science certification.u can also take admission after passed 12th.

so u have both the choice and both are so good for future prefrence.

all the best
12th November 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I have completed my p.u(computer science), i am confused which field to take in engineering. After that what are the
next course i can do...

What is the scope of job after that?

Kindly help me...

Thank you...
16th November 2011, 12:42 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Hi

Thank you.

Regards,
Dheeraj Shah

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected][
16th November 2011, 12:58 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hey,
2>Nowdays diploma holder doesn't get good jobs.They also doing Btech from open universities.
3>So i suggest you to go for 12th science rather than diploma course.Because it's help you alot in future.

just think on my points.
4th December 2011, 12:22 AM
sahaja mallarapu

its better to go for diploma and then engineering.
diploma is almost equal to a degree and here you will study more of your computer science subjects which will be helpful in engineering.
you will have same job oppurtunities as 12+btech students and with diploma you will have some extra oppurtunities.
8th December 2011, 12:52 PM
tuntunia

just think on my points.
24th December 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 10th class. I want to know name and address of nearest government polytechnique college in Delhi?
16th January 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

hy i am dipakkumar
i have a passed diploma in computer engineer
10th April 2012, 10:02 AM
sunkara likhitha

Well both are good, But consider one after strictly analyzing your future and the value of course in next 3 or 5 years. My advice to you is that go for some thing creative... say interior/fashion designing/animation etc... this will help you for making a super successful career.. i m also studying fashion designing at IMS DIA, Noida, and i knw how it feels when someone tells you that boss u r doing sumthing very unique and good...
10 months
11th April 2012, 03:37 AM
monisha_sarabhai

the differences between MCA and a B.tech computer engineers are :

-a MCA student have more theoretical knowledge of hardware,software and computer applications,whereas a B.tech computer engineer also have good theoretical knowledge of hardware and software,but they also have very good practical knowledge also.
-a B.tech student is preferred more than a MCA student by a company because companies demand students that have good practical knowledge and in companies most of the work done is practical work.
-a B.tech students get high salary packages than MCA students.

if you had to choose one option then i would definately suggest you to do B.tech instead of MCA.
8th June 2012, 03:50 AM
gowdamansisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheerajshah View Post
Hi

Thank you.

Regards,
Dheeraj Shah

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Really it is good question. Once you deceided to study a particular degree at this stage itself, then going to Diploma is better. If you go to 12th you have to more concentrate on Maths, Physics and Chemistry than Computer Science. Because the mark to be scored in Computer science is not going to help in calculating cut off mark. But in Diploma you can more learn and concentrate about computer science. So once you have deceided to go for computer science in degree, then choosing diploma than 12 th is better according to my opinion,
11th June 2012, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

i have secured 96% in sslc this year.
i am confused a lot whether to choose biology and maths or computer science and maths
my aim is to become an engineer.
please guide me whether choosing bio and maths or computer and maths will help me to do better courses in
engineering
9th July 2012, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

after 2 science diploma or degree is good
10th July 2012, 03:11 AM
gokuls1

heyy dear,
both are better in their own wayy, either u can take 12th class n can do graduation in BSC, BCA, or Engineering, or u can do diploma after 10th n can have admission in direct second year of engineering.... both are sides of same coins. so chose wat u like...
Best Luck...!!1
29th September 2012, 05:26 PM
sandyjustimagine

Dear friend,

Science is always better than diploma.

It may be possible that after diploma you go for a degree course .This is better than both.
If you want to choose any one field then i suggest you that you go for degree course.

Requirements for degree course-

You completed your twelfth class in science (Physics,Chemistry,Maths).After completing twelfth class give entrance exam.

Entrance exams are-

IIT JEE
AIEEE
VITEEE
SRMEEE
BIT SAT

State level entrance exam-

UPSEE
MP PET
CET

After getting good rank you can take admission in engineering college.
If you got good rank then you can take admission in good college.There are many engineering stream .

Engineering stream are-

Computer science & Engineering
Electronic and communication engineering
Mechanical engineering
Electrical and electronic engineering
Civil engineering
Textile engineering
Information technology
Marine engineering
Software engineering
Aeronautical engineering
Agricultural engineering
Environmental engineering

Good luck..........
17th October 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

am completed diploma in electrical.at present am working with one facility serivces as a technician in mphasis site.i dont know am working good in good or not,so plz suggest me if i stay with this or go for better.
waiting for your suggestion
17th October 2012, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I think diploma in computer engg. is a better option bcoz i myself am doing it. Not so difficult and also has lot of scope if u score good marks.. N u also dont hav to give entrance exams like IIT and CET etc., I think diploma is a better option and u wud be haapy if u do it, n wont hav any doubts that will u get field of comp engg. after 12th
17th October 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?

I think diploma in computer engg. is a b8r option bcoz i myself am doing it. After doing this u will get direct admissn 2 second year B.tech
It has a lot of scope if u score good marks.
N der wont be any doubts in ur mind whether u'll get the field of comp engg. after 12th + u dont even hav to giv entrance exams lyk CET IIT etc..
17th October 2012, 09:09 PM
SANDISKI

12th science and then doing BE computer science is a better option then doing diploma in computers because 12th science has more value than diploma course.
job scope after doing 12th and be computer science is more than doing diploma.
After 12th you can apply for bachelor of engineering at top universities and institutes like IIT and NIT.you can also apply by All India Engineering Entrance Exam.
3rd November 2012, 11:57 AM
alledusol

Hi,
For every coin there are two sides. Like wise here also . you need to think logically before stepping into any one of the option.
A) If you choose +2 science
For further studies and profession it is a stepping stone. For entrance like Medical/ Eng/army etc +2 is the basic
B) If you choose degree more career opportunity than diploma, Degree holder is more respected in society
C) For many Govt jobs degree is the basic qualification(Which stream is purely depend on your interest)
2 Diploma in Computer science
A) Will get placed soon , will study almost same syllabus of degree
B)Through lateral entry test option to join B Tech( FOr 3 years)
C)More work experience than degree holder in smaller age
So think carefully before taking decision. Later on you will not be able to change it.
All the best.
14th July 2013, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh16071991 View Post
hey,
1>b-tech degree has higher value than diploma degree.
2>nowdays diploma holder doesn't get good jobs.they also doing btech from open universities.
3>so i suggest you to go for 12th science rather than diploma course.because it's help you alot in future.

Just think on my points.

Good luck

ya this is the perfect thing to do because i'v completed a diploma in cs and i did'nt got a single job in it field (you can get a job in call center if you have good communication skills),so i'm begging you to not go for diploma its more complicated than pu,,,have a nice life
14th October 2013, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

can i do doctor after diploma ?
26th January 2014, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam
i passed puc(pcmb) &right now doing diploma in c.s branch & my question is can i do MCA or MBA courses after completing my diploma?
8th July 2017, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my ITI in electrical branch. Want to do diploma in Computer Science but don't have any knowledge how far its good or bad... Sp kindly plz give some suggestion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?